Over Confidence is Giving me the Fear

There is so much bull shit in this thread. Anyone want to point out these quotes of over confidence? And for the last time, Murty didn’t bring up the cheering in the dressing room. In was brought up by sky when interviewing Cummings. And then in the studio Murty was asked about the cheering. He couldn’t exaxtly deny it. And he answered it then fine.

The only quotes that should be getting discussed are Rodgers quotes:

“Rangers are in decent form, even though the goals they’ve scored have come against Championship teams, with all due respect.

“The one game of theirs I watched which gave a true measure was the Hibs game at Ibrox (a 2-1 defeat), against a team which plays with speed, intensity and aggression.”

That’s the quotes of someone over confident.

I've seen enough Old Firm games in my 50 years to know that over confidence has
a nasty habit of smacking you in the mouth.
The old fox Walter Smith would never say what GM said last week about the dressing room.
I like Murty, but he needs to learn keep his confidence and enthusiasm behind locked doors away from a Timmy media that are desperate for us to fail.

I don’t think it is over confidence. I think it’s real hope. They have stagnated this year where as even from 30th Dec we have improved.

I think it’s a real hope that we can actually take the game to them for the 1st time in a long time. Hope over fear anyway for this bear.

Being over confident and anticipating a win over the scum is part of the pre match enjoyment for me. And if it all comes to pass, happy fcuking days. So right now, I’m looking forward to a trip to Glasgow, a pre match drink with like minded people, a great game and a resounding win and a very happy flight home.

If it doesn’t pan out like that??

%^*& it. There’s always the next game.

There is so much bull shit in this thread. Anyone want to point out these quotes of over confidence? And for the last time, Murty didn’t bring up the cheering in the dressing room. In was brought up by sky when interviewing Cummings. And then in the studio Murty was asked about the cheering. He couldn’t exaxtly deny it. And he answered it then fine.

“Rangers are in decent form, even though the goals they’ve scored have come against Championship teams, with all due respect.

“The one game of theirs I watched which gave a true measure was the Hibs game at Ibrox (a 2-1 defeat), against a team which plays with speed, intensity and aggression.”

I agree.
The only overconfidence I have detected is amidst our support.
But that can be found before any match against The Filth, it is how supporters roll.

The manager comes across as someone who very much has his feet on the ground.
The team are in decent form and players cannot function at their best without being confident.
Overconfidence is a different animal, and I doubt a team being run by someone like Murty would be infected by this.

A team run by that arrogant prick across the city will be something else again.
He has had so much hot air blown up his arse by the Celtc supporting Scottish press and media that the term balloon has rarely if ever been more appropriate.

The Filth go into this game as favourites.
They have had every advantage possible to build up a squad and momentum over Rangers.
This is a historical first between the two clubs and is a unique situation that has fallen into the lap of a manager who somehow thinks he is a genius.
Yet when measured properly outside of the artificially weighted environment of Scottish football, he has performed like a clown.
He has embarrassed for Scotland.

Possibly he is the standout candidate in Scottish football history for delivering so little in Europe from so much gratuitous opportunity.
If he was at Rangers in the same circumstances, I would want him chased.

If we lose this place is going to be interesting, meltdown I reckon and shouts as to murty will never be good enough and teams pish

Just the usual dung you read when we don’t win

Couldn’t have summed it up better myself, I genuinely think we will be to naive to beat gem tomorrow.

Get on top of Brown and we have a great chance

Everybody is blowing their beans about tomorrow, which is causing The Rev considerable anxiety.

And Murty's patter, in general, but more specifically the "dressing room cheered" line, what planet is he on?

Celtic are champions and have a healthy lead at the moment in the league. They horsed us first game this season and the last time we played, yes, I think we were on top, but fux sax, we're acting as if tomorrow is a forgone conclusion.

Celtic are the team to beat with an experienced manager who has managed at the top level in England.

Yes, we have hit a bit for form and yes, if we are disciplined, organised, work hard, Collum doesnt %^*& us and Morelos and Windass dont miss 5 sitters between them, we can get a result - but let's cool the beans and wait for the final whistle.

And to Murty, before every OF game say "we know how difficult the game is going to be and we're not taking anything for granted, but the boys have been working hard in training and are [really] looking forward to the game". Then if we win the league you can ram it up them and tell them they're a loada shite.

Also, Murty, never ever praise Celtic (The Bheasts) or Celtic Park (The Knew Camp) or their fans (The Banana Chuckers) unless you have just horsed them - only then can you tell them how great the atmosphere is at TKC.

At all levels we are naive whereas The Bheats know the score,
Don’t let it bother you, I am quietly confident, the main thing is the players won’t be over confident, no matter what the scum or scum media say.

Everybody is blowing their beans about tomorrow, which is causing The Rev considerable anxiety.

And Murty's patter, in general, but more specifically the "dressing room cheered" line, what planet is he on?

Celtic are champions and have a healthy lead at the moment in the league. They horsed us first game this season and the last time we played, yes, I think we were on top, but fux sax, we're acting as if tomorrow is a forgone conclusion.

Celtic are the team to beat with an experienced manager who has managed at the top level in England.

Yes, we have hit a bit for form and yes, if we are disciplined, organised, work hard, Collum doesnt %^*& us and Morelos and Windass dont miss 5 sitters between them, we can get a result - but let's cool the beans and wait for the final whistle.

And to Murty, before every OF game say "we know how difficult the game is going to be and we're not taking anything for granted, but the boys have been working hard in training and are [really] looking forward to the game". Then if we win the league you can ram it up them and tell them they're a loada shite.

Also, Murty, never ever praise Celtic (The Bheasts) or Celtic Park (The Knew Camp) or their fans (The Banana Chuckers) unless you have just horsed them - only then can you tell them how great the atmosphere is at TKC.

The player will be grounded on what’s expected and know this will not be easy, this leaves us fans to have highs and lows before and after the games .

Hide under the sheets till it's over. Most posters are confident based on current form. What other criteria should we use. They are without thumb and Gordon too. I will repeat, one goal more for us and we win. Confident, first time in ages. Realistic too as we can only get in our own way. However, I believe our players sense we have turned a corner and can do it. Rangers to win.

I for one am never overly confident, I dispise them and everything about them but am so happy that I have the nerves as the moment I stop having them is the minute I need to give it up. I feel the way I used to, that we are capable of giving as good as we get and I’ve not felt like that for a long time

I've reigned in the over confidence so much that im bricking it now.

As much as i think well beat them comfortably tomorrow, theres this gut wrenching feeling that theyll turn us over. Emotional rollercoaster. And its not even match day.

NO Fuukin FEAR

Thank fuuk the players won't be shiting it if anything on here is to go by.

If we show up we can do something tomorrow. It all depends what RANGERS team turns up though.

"Where'er we go, we'll fear no foe"

" We'll keep the Blue flag flying high"

NO Fuukin FEAR

Thank fuuk the players won't be shiting it if anything on here is to go by.

If we show up we can do something tomorrow. It all depends what RANGERS team turns up though.

"Where'er we go, we'll fear no foe"

" We'll keep the Blue flag flying high"
Correct, any apprehension on our part will be a disaster. No fear, take the game to them. They are worried so now is the time to have a go. Our passing moves will be .the deciding factor. Rangers to win.

If we lose this place is going to be interesting, meltdown I reckon and shouts as to murty will never be good enough and teams pish

Just the usual dung you read when we don’t win

This present RANGERS team or squad is not pish win, lose or draw.

The manager has good ideas which may not always pay off for him.

I'll say it again, there are imposters on here that want this team and man in charge to epic fail and its up to both players and manager to getitrightfuukinupthem.

Also..

I'm not saying we shouldn't be nervous, but don't be doing the club a disservice by going off the handle because you have a bet on us with yer bookies or yer poet pals and it may not have worked out.

We are on the right road in our recovery, it's taken nearly 6 years but...

"we're comin, we're comin yes we're coming down that road".

Just be tolerant tae the team, the manager and we'll get there.

I think we could get a result but it could obviously just as easily go the other way.

At least it feels the way OF games used to. Not like the last couple of years where I've been absolutely dreading them in the week leading up to it.

This present RANGERS team or squad is not pish win, lose or draw.

The manager has good ideas which may not always pay off for him.

I'll say it again, there are imposters on here that want this team and man in charge to epic fail and its up to both players and manager to getitrightfuukinupthem.

Also..

I'm not saying we shouldn't be nervous, but don't be doing the club a disservice by going off the handle because you have a bet on us with yer bookies or yer poet pals and it may not have worked out.

We are on the right road in our recovery, it's taken nearly 6 years but...

"we're comin, we're comin yes we're coming down that road".

Just be tolerant tae the team, the manager and we'll get there.
Im not doing the club disservice im saying how it is when we don’t win a game. Im not talking about myself I’m talking about others on here that like to just pick out the negatives rather than look at positives.

Think you may of misread my post

1st I've read his comments, what a smarmy disrespectful prick he is, yet the OP and others want to have a go at Murty?

Get into them. We WILL win!!
FfL2pxS.jpg

all week I have been confident of winning 3-1 with Windass, Morelos and Docherty the scorers in that order, not felt this confident in years

Nothing wrong with us being over confident. That’s what fans do. But the team won’t be over confident.

I can’t remember a Rangers team ever going into an OF match thinking the game was won before a ball was kicked, only celtc ever do that. And we can all name our favourite example of it biting them in the ass.

I remember a couple of Rangers teams going into one of these thinking the game was won before a ball was kicked.

Except our lot were accepting that they had won.

The optimism and confidence comes from us thinking for the first time in a long time that we have a decent chance.

I’d prefer to beat them before starting some of the bravado I have been hearing.
The only bravado i have heard has been from them, so what if our players cheered at the draw, let us at them. couldn't give a flying fu(k if they don't like it...if things like us cheering upsets them then wait till we score our third tomorrow and they will know what our cheering really sounds like. (by the way my confidence is only 50/50 but it'll be fever pitch at kick off tomorrow)

I’ve got a similar dread t we’ve all been confident,Ibrox will be bouncing but we’re going to concede a goal in the first 5 mins :eek: which we seemed to do in important games in Europe

Last week the majority of posters said the Yahoo's defence was useless. This week these posters are doubting a free scoring Rangers can be confident of a win. It is just another match to us, an opponent, with NO bond to them whatsoever. And by the way, they never use that antiquated expression over here, and I have met many.
Rangers to somehow win, money on it, haven't felt this way in 6 years either. Shove your intrepidation and those 2 fkn words.

It's the FF polarisation - We're either +100 or -100.
It's just nerves for me, I'm keeping a healthy scepticism until the final whistle - then I may watch it :)

I've confidence in the team - It's the highest for a long while but I'm not blind to our imperfections. They can be clinical if given the same chances other teams got - we accept that and as you say, if we keep the head we'll be on top

The anticipation!

I've seen enough Old Firm games in my 50 years to know that over confidence has
a nasty habit of smacking you in the mouth.
The old fox Walter Smith would never say what GM said last week about the dressing room.
I like Murty, but he needs to learn keep his confidence and enthusiasm behind locked doors away from a Timmy media that are desperate for us to fail.
I must’ve missed this interview because I’ve seen a few people mention it. What was it a Murty said?

So he didn’t watch the Aberdeen games and St Johnstone one then, 2 better than average teams in the league.

We’re on a good winning run although we haven’t really beat a good team apart from hearts. Another good performance tomorrow and we’ll have a good chance

This is the first for a while that I've not thought us getting pumped is a foregone conclusion. I'm still nervous as fúck though and Twitter is doing my nut in.

we should have pumped them in their miden, this is the first time in a long while i have felt good going into this game. If it wasnt for referees being their twelth man they would be getting pumped more often in this league
if kranjear hadn't played we would have won, a brain fart by murty

The only overconfidence I see is from posters on Follow Follow. For the first time in years we have a Rangers squad that isn't scared to stand up to Celtic, and somehow that has become a crime according Chris Sutton, Brendan Rodgers and the OP. When did it become wrong to want to stand up to Celtic? We have some weird people around these days. Come on Rangers show us what we've got now, do them and shut them all up.

Are some of our fans getting a bit too carried away in the moment? Probably

But after sitting back and watching the likes of Nicky Law and Ian Black pull on the famous jersey with their "brand" of football, who can blame people from getting a bit excited- we've come off the last 6 years where the best memory we have had is beating the bheasts in the semi-final of a cup that we didn't even go on to win.

I am excited for tomorrow which is in stark contrast to the absolute dread that filled me when we played them in the corresponding fixture last year.

Rodgers..in mind games mode... referred to the Hibs game at Ibrox as the game of high intensity in which we had decent opposition...a slur on other teams if ever there was one.He chose to ignore the Aberdeen results and our consistency and much improved play as the team has began to gell and new guys have settled in very nicely.

No doubt there will be periods when they dominate tomorrow ,as,indeed,we will too...we have to take the scoring chances that will present to us.Gordon saved them and the three points last time and our centre back pairing did a good,solid job,particulary young Bates.

I just cannot predict the outcome of this one as there are so many variables that will effect the outcome on the day.For once we seem to be matching them closely in key areas.

Here's hoping we get the result.

If it makes you feel better, take it from my perspective; we finished 39 points behind Celtic last season and were told that we would be 3 years away from competing against Celtic. Fact is, you can see the difference in this Rangers side to the first half of the season and we're a much improved side, what should give you confidence is that regardless of the result, win, lose or draw, Rangers are now starting to close them down overall.

Rangers have nothing to lose, Celtic have EVERYTHING to lose, bear that in mind. Celtic's pride are at stake, Rangers are a much improved side, they'll be bottling it. Just think what Goss will do never mind the tenacity of Docherty in the heart of midfield, I reckon they'll terrify Celtic and terrorise them all over the pitch. No need to feel fear, Rangers were expected to finish 2nd, remember that, the fact you're showing nerves? That's a good sign, that's a sign that Rangers are getting closer and trust me, they're shitting it.

Definitely 3-1 Rangers! Morelos double and Murphy overhead kick! Scott Brown sent off and Timothy pitch invasion to punch Willie Colum in the face! If Carlsberg could do over confidence!

Take it Morelos is taking our 1st half penalty?

Being pessimistic and believing they are better than they actually are doesn't improve our chances.

Celtic are in decline. They are too into their own hype to see it. Over confidence is traditionally their weakness. Not ours. Our form is better than theirs. We have a great chance of beating them tomorrow.

Just enjoy the feeling, the game will take care of itself. We are playing well and scoring goals for fun and tomorrow is a good test to see where we are at. I think we will win but this team will continue getting better whatever the result.

Think the OP has tipped too far the other way . No one is over confident, it is simply a case that for the first time in a long time we are capable of giving them a competitive game.That doesn't mean we'll win or we think we'll stroll it . We have lost to them in the past when we had a better team .We were trounced 6-2 and followed that up with a 5-1 victory .These games are are notoriously difficult to predict but we have improved to the point we have a fighting chance

I remember a couple of Rangers teams going into one of these thinking the game was won before a ball was kicked.

Except our lot were accepting that they had won.

The optimism and confidence comes from us thinking for the first time in a long time that we have a decent chance.
January 1998 is a good example of that.

The Rev I M Jolly lol but seriously just enjoy it, with them not playing so good and we are there is nothing wrong with being optimistic and showing it regardless of them being the Champlons at this time!

You mean treat it completely differently to every other game just to make them feel special?

Nope - it means concentrate and focus on the job in hand, do your talking after the match. We seem to have too much to say and should keep our silence.

I also referred plurally that’s games of this nature meaning and including ties against other rivals and European teams as well.

Nope - it means concentrate and focus on the job in hand, do your talking after the match. We seem to have too much to say and should keep our silence.

I also referred plurally that’s games of this nature meaning and including ties against other rivals and European teams as well.
Who said what?

Im just enjoying the buzz and the genuine belief we all have at the moment.

Gods sake, we’re not poets obsessed only about getting one over our rivals. Our confidence more, our confidence is knowing that not this season, but very soon 55 is heading our way.

Might make you more confident to watch this 2nd half when we had niko as the number 10 :eek:, no Goss, Docherty or Murphy;)

I am not confident, never have and never will be going into this game.

We are better, we are more of a threat but we are still weak at the back and I still have doubts about Fod.

Back