Over Confidence is Giving me the Fear

I just hope we do them and do then in a way that they know that from now on it's business as usual on a pre 2012 basis. Let them know that we can go toe to toe with them and sometimes leave them on their arse. Just do it Rangers, no overconfidence, just hard work and belief
WATP

Over confidence to me means that the team would think that they only need to turn up to win.

Only one team is in danger of being over confident and it wont be us.

If we dont win it wont be down to over confidence.

There is always an element of fear lurking. The guys can be prone to not starting well and it takes a while to click fully into gear. But it's the most confident we have felt in a long while before playing them as some really good football has been played. I saw BR yesterday say 'they have been a little bit more consistent' :rolleyes:
Condescending or what!
We now know how well they can perform... They just need to do the same tomorrow

the only over confidence i've seen is on this forum

any bear i've actually spoke to about the game has been realistic. it's the best we've been set up for a game against them in ages, so we have a good chance.

It doesn't matter how we are set up or how in form we are, I get mega worked up before any game against them.

telling myself it's only a game and the result has no affect on my life has never worked, in fact it's bullshit cos if we win i'm elated and if we get beat my mood is low for a good couple of days at least

It's not over confidence, it's a feeling that we have, for the first time in a long time the beating of them and the over confidence that people talk of, is justified and the scum know it.

Get out there tomorrow, each and everyone of you in the light blue jersey, be confident, get right into them and we will win......

C'mon The Rangers.....

Been years since I've felt like this, since we went into admin I've still always thought we might win , but tomorrow i think we will.

I genuinely feel if we play like we have been lately we are more than capable of hammering them.

Last edited:
I'm hearing what the OP is saying and I can agree with the words but I think back to the 80s into the 90s I was never over confident but always quietly confident before ko if that makes sense.
Now if it was 4 months ago I would be not looking forward to this as much but the squad has improved big time albeit some of our defeats have given them a big swing towards the league but right now we have a chance and I am totally bursting inside at this very moment and keep thinking of big Marvs words KEEP BELIEVING

Cmon The Bears!!

I've been dreading playing them since we beat them in the semi final, but tomorrow is the first time I honestly think we can match them and beat them. We're in a no loose situation, the press have Celtic so far ahead of us there is no expectation from them to win. Contrary to what the tranny shagger has been spouting this week there is more pressure on them to win.

Rev Buzzkill

Wipe yer erse and man up

We can do this. We were the better team in December and we have improved & strengthened. We're the threat this time around.

Win, lose or draw tomorrow the scenario of us looking forward to this game and the remaining 2 this season tells us how far we've came, as recently as the last game i genuinely could see them scudding us 3-0 , fast forward only slightly to tomorrow we now have a far better equipped and more skilful squad, what a chance we have tomorrow to make some of these celtic players and brenda think of helicopters and slips, just do it rangers!!

I see where you're coming from however we've had nothing to be confident about in year's. Allow the bears to look forward to the games for once. A defeat will feel like any other derby defeat and likewise a win.

Also the confidence of our squad is a good thing. Especially when you think back to just last year when we had players bricking it in the warm-up. As long as it's tempered by Murty.

Bring them on.
Yep. I remember a so called " big shot' from England telling us how he was in a different league to S. Brown.
In the hand shake warm up, our big shot, could not even look S. B. In the eye. Let us gave no more of that shit.

Look guys we are entitled to be confident we need to approach the game and be positive and attack them

We will learn a lot about there confidence and bottle tomorrow it should hold no fear

Nothing wrong with going in confident. We either get to lord it or we get a cold hard reality check.

Ease up a bit OP and enjoy the build up. It's the first time we have had any right to go into this fixture with any confidence since Brendan Rodgers became their manager.

You're mistaking confidence for belief.

I'm not confident we'll win. I do however believe we have a team that can win.

There's a massive difference.

It won't be easy but we as well as the rest give them far too much respect. Thing is, they don't deserve any. Get in tae them!!!!
We're on the rise and they are on the decline. We'll find out how far, tomorrow.

You're mistaking confidence for belief.

I'm not confident we'll win. I do however believe we have a team that can win.

There's a massive difference.
This for me

I’m not at all confident about the match

However I do now have belief that we can win, and have the capability and players to do so.

Not just in a it’s a one off/cup game/derby match kind of belief, more that we are playing well and have some good players who can easily match them up now

Anything could happen tomorrow and we may well still lose, but we certainly have the ability to beat them now

Yep. I remember a so called " big shot' from England telling us how he was in a different league to S. Brown.
In the hand shake warm up, our big shot, could not even look S. B. In the eye. Let us gave no more of that shit.
Broon is a fucking mongo.

Usually I love to say I told you so but now I hate it - but just coz you lose the fight dont lose the lesson.

Morelos misses too many sitters, I mentioned this at the start and Im no football guru but I can see what's staring me in the face. He missed two today - he corkscrewed about 3 ft into the ground to hit with his right what was a left foot tap in. McCoist missed a ton as well but he also produced when it matters.

Windass, scored yes, but a passenger for 94 minutes. He has no work rate and no heart for big games - and btw, heart doesnt mean lunging into to mad tackles, it means the work rate and determination, to make space, top draw men out, to go in where you're gonna get fouled. Messi has the biggest heart I've ever seen, as an example. How this man made it the final whistle, one can only speculate.

Alves - this must be the last of the over-the-hill once great players coming to Ibrox for a pension top up. I've witnessed that for 30 years and it must stop now - I'd rather take a chance on a youth player and if he fux up, so what? Given the return from these old hasbeens, what do we have to lose. One of the biggest issues with hasbeens is their lack of commitment, and that is contagious and toxic in any team.

But the biggest difference was the manager, highlighted at the sending off - Rodgers made an immediate sub and went very deep and narrow, inviting crosses. He reacted to a changing situation. His team are bigger and better in the air, that's if we could even get it past the first man, which 9 out of 10 we couldnt. Murty did hee haw then 20 mins after going 3-2 down put Cummings on for Goss.

Take the money for Morelos and Windass asap and invest in good young players like the Hamilton and Killie boys and even Scott Allan (yeah, I said it) and hunt Alves and thank Murty for his service but its back to the juniors and a new man at the helm is needed, who is gonna cost a few bob as well.

"Get fuxed Rev you old dick", to save you the effort so you can cut and paste.

Rev - very well said, I will also make most likely a contentious comment and say - the new manager should be an easy decision what he has done at Killie is quite remarkable and the type of manager at 2-2 today with them down to 10 men would have wont the game

DOF or Gers Board time to act at end of season...

You want to buy Scott Allen from Celtic! :Do_O

Post may have been ok till you said that.

Yes, he'd be my first signing.

Our sole objection is to stop their 9 in a row, and we have significantly less resources.

That end more than justifies such means.

And he's murdered us every game he's played for Hibs, now and in the past, much like John Brown.

Yes, he'd be my first signing.

Our sole objection is to stop their 9 in a row, and we have significantly less resources.

That end more than justifies such means.

And he's murdered us every game he's played for Hibs, now and in the past, much like John Brown.
How much money do you want to pay Celtic for him?

28 year old will see 10 in a row.

They where struggling today and still battered us at Ibrox.

I fear for our long term future now.

Back