Overlooked Incident.

bedsblue

Apart from the fact that we didn't play well enough and the ref never done his job properly,amidst all the gnashing of teeth and wailing no-one seems to have covered/seen the push from Moult on Alnwick for their first goal.He clearly pushes into Alnwick who was claiming for a free kick at the time but this seems to have just been totally missed due to other shenanigans.

Moult still fouled him though.
Would have to look at it again, and thought Alnwick was at fault, but must admit most referees would award a free kick the second there is any contact with the goalkeeper that impedes him, I think goalkeepers in general are overprotected but perhaps not so much so when it applies to Rangers.

Not trying to hijack the thread but what about the hand in Morelos's face ?
The defenders hand was behind him and fully over Alfredo's face. How could this act be ignored and how can the defenders hand be deemed to be "in a natural position "? The defender was not trying to jump for the ball and blatantly obstructed Morelos . In any other league in the world lifting your hand to an opponents face results in a freekick and possibly a yellow card.
Back on this thread's subject the defending was amateurish at best and the keeper was overpowered and bullied too easily.

Apart from the fact that we didn't play well enough and the ref never done his job properly,amidst all the gnashing of teeth and wailing no-one seems to have covered/seen the push from Moult on Alnwick for their first goal.He clearly pushes into Alnwick who was claiming for a free kick at the time but this seems to have just been totally missed due to other shenanigans.
I think your clutching at straws mate and you hit the nail on the head in your first sentence. We didn't play well enough.

It was not a foul.

One that's been overlooked is the karate kick/tackle on Morelos when he was just outside 18 yard box and been through on goal if not for the tackle

Alnwick came too far and then couldn't get back. He was probably never getting it and shouldve stayed but we seem obsessed with a keeper coming for everything in the 6 yard box so if you want that you'll have to put up with the odd one being misjudged because it's not an easy thing to master.

He'd have been slaughtered if he hadn't come for it though because it came from a header inside the 6 yard box. The goal at Partick came from a header inside the 6 yard box as well.

Overlooked was the blatant elbow by Rose on Dorrans after 12 seconds......I kid you not. McLean has a word.......

Was a little nudge, clever play and not enough to be a foul imo. Alnwick should have been much stronger in that situation.

Yes deffo a wee "professional "foul but you would still want our players to be doing the same to our opponents.

when I watched the highlights again - it reminded me of that scumbag Stokes nudge on Tav last year for their equaliser .....

we need to bring in these tactics to our game - too busy ball watching sometimes and naive in big games

It was not a foul.

99 out of a hundred times any player nudging a keeper will be penalised however slight contact is. On this occasion McLean chose to ignore something during the game.

Modern football you are not allowed to go near the keeper.

To be honest mate, I'd be very peed of if we had a goal disallowed for the same "offence". Keepers get far too much protection nowadays in what's supposed to be a contact sport.
I've seen some old clips of games in the 50's and 60's where goalkeepers were bundled into the net and a goal stood. Different times I know.

Morelos being scythed by a high lunge to the mid section was overlooked. Play on and no booking if I can recall. The defender in question was a real ugly fkpig too.

99 out of a hundred times any player nudging a keeper will be penalised however slight contact is. On this occasion McLean chose to ignore something during the game.

Modern football you are not allowed to go near the keeper.
Keepers are over protected and I have used that to my advantage many times but Alnwick was not fouled.

My normal thought process on contentious decisions is how would I feel if the decision went against us. There would be no Rangers fan not going tonto if we had that goal chalked off.

when I watched the highlights again - it reminded me of that scumbag Stokes nudge on Tav last year for their equaliser .....

we need to bring in these tactics to our game - too busy ball watching sometimes and naive in big games

I noticed Tav being pushed off the park at the goal. He’s too lightweight and fails to stand his ground when defending. He didn’t show any urgency to get back on to the field of play.

One that's been overlooked is the karate kick/tackle on Morelos when he was just outside 18 yard box and been through on goal if not for the tackle

that was the worst of lot IMO there was no dubiety in thought/intention

it was actually fucking ridiculous he never even gave a foul

Correct - didn't notice your post when I read down the thread. This was a disgrace, the defender didn't even go for the ball and no action taken. This referee should be up on charges. Cheating fkpig.

No booking for leaving the field of play whilst celebrating the 1st goal.

I think it's a crap rule. But another failure by the Ref.

Not trying to hijack the thread but what about the hand in Morelos's face ?
The defenders hand was behind him and fully over Alfredo's face. How could this act be ignored and how can the defenders hand be deemed to be "in a natural position "? The defender was not trying to jump for the ball and blatantly obstructed Morelos . In any other league in the world lifting your hand to an opponents face results in a freekick and possibly a yellow card.
Back on this thread's subject the defending was amateurish at best and the keeper was overpowered and bullied too easily.

Sutton said there wasn't much in it...so it's ok to put your hands all over another player's face. Shortly after this Morelos was drop kicked and we didn't even get a free kick.

Overlooked was the blatant elbow by Rose on Dorrans after 12 seconds......I kid you not. McLean has a word.......
I remember that now it was a shocker, that's probably the reason they took liberties ...ref had lost it there and then.

It sadly was dealt with at the time with him being booked. Alves wasn't , hence today's ban
The referee never saw the Alves, Moult incident.

It was right in front of us in the North stand.

I said to my mate when it happened "that referee isn't watching that"

And obviously none of the other three officials saw it either.

I remember that now it was a shocker, that's probably the reason they took liberties ...ref had lost it there and then.

Correct, the Maclean apology for a referee, set the tone right there, lost control and never came close to getting it back.

What followed was the fault of Motherwell's hammer throwers and their odious manager. Who can blame them when they got the go ahead from the first minute right through to the last.

The responsibility, however, lies with the incompetent and shambolic referee.

Not sure Alnwick was fouled to be honest - he was challenged, whether it was a foul is less obvious to me. I did think he was awfully slow getting back to his feet though.

Not sure Alnwick was fouled to be honest - he was challenged, whether it was a foul is less obvious to me. I did think he was awfully slow getting back to his feet though.

Of course he was. It's the oldest trick in the book. One player impedes, pushes, obstructs the keeper and his mate has a clear run. What bothered me is why our defenders let it happen. They all know about this.

Its clear it’s open season. They can’t beat us in a square go so they get help from the officials. In all our games you can pin point the game changing decisions.

I noticed Tav being pushed off the park at the goal. He’s too lightweight and fails to stand his ground when defending. He didn’t show any urgency to get back on to the field of play.
Yeah I agree, that was the standout incident at the first goal how easy tav was pushed and how lack of urgency to get back onto the pitch. I do like tav but he doesn't half switch off at set plays when defending.

I have never been one for calling out refs but something is going on and you would have to be blind not to see it, l know lots will say it's just bad refs but l'm not buying that anymore, it's bloody blatant.

At least the referee went into the Rangers dressing room and apologised for his abject display of refereeing...

...didn't he?

Back