Pogba
Ribery for about 12 years.
Sancho
Moravchik
Callum Mcgregor
Scott brown
David turnbull
Rashford

Last one is controversial (especially on here) but Morelos. Last year the reaction on here when he was linked with a move to Lille you’d think it was messi we were about to sell and that we’d finish in the bottom half of the league if he had moved.

Last edited:
Casillas the goalie with the most clean sheets in history and captained his country to 2x euros and a World Cup is pish :))
Well when you put it like that! It’s possibly Vitor Baia I’m thinking of GK wise but as for the Real boys would it be fair to say Spain and Real had far greater success without them? Relatively speaking they’d all be overrated in club and international terms

Van Dyke for me is one of the most over rated players of the modern era.

Looked good in a scum team against no competition who were always exposed in Europe and now looking good in a Premier League era where, let's be honest here, doesn't have a deep pool of quality strikers compared to past eras.

Kane, Vardy, Zaha, Rashford, etc compared to the likes of Drogba, peak Rooney, Henry, Shearer? No wonder he looks good.

The Raul who scored 228 goals for Real Madrid and 44 goals for Spain?
Surely Torres wouldn’t have been far off the Spanish goal tally and David Villa would certainly have trumped it but neither are ever talked about in the same class as Raul is lauded with. That adds to him being overrated argument, the fact he left for Schalke shows no other big club would take a big cost punt on him

Looked good in a scum team against no competition who were always exposed in Europe and now looking good in a Premier League era where, let's be honest here, doesn't have a deep pool of quality strikers compared to past eras.

Kane, Vardy, Zaha, Rashford, etc compared to the likes of Drogba, peak Rooney, Henry, Shearer? No wonder he looks good.
Deary me

I’m going to be controversial here and say David Beckham. He had some right peg on him and he could put in a decent cross and the odd freekick but as a footballer I didn’t think he was anything special. He was made out to be a one of the best players the UK had ever produced but I think it’s because he married a spice girl that gave his career the popularity that it did.

Did he not score something like 70/80 Champions League goals too? I don't think we've ever scored that many in total as a club lol.

Raul defo isn't over-rated. Under-rated if anything. One of the most natural finishers of the 90's.
He also smashed them in rapid at Schalke for a few years. He’s a proper legend there as well as Madrid!

I know it sounds ridiculous & fully expect nobody to agree with me
But I thought Platini was overrated - or maybe I should say he was over-praised

I'm not going to claim he wasn't brilliant on his day or that he didn't deserve praise -but at times he lived on his reputation IMO

In the early 80's Tigana was just as infuential, innovative & skilful on & off the ball in that French national team IMO - but seemed to get no credit -
while Platini got all the plaudits no matter how he played

I was at the San Siro for Inter V Juve & was really looking forward to seeing Platini - but he did very little & seemed to be only interested in complaining to the ref

Obviously I'm not convinced he was quite as wonderful as many say he was

Scott Brown. Really helping Aberdeen in a record breaking winless run.
Willie Donachie. Couldn't get out of the Scotland team despite contributing nothing.

Absolutely brutal post. The guy’s obviously one of the best defenders in the world, and Liverpool collapsed without him.

I remember all the fuss about him when i was a wee guy watching the Italian football on Sundays. Even as a kid I remember being pretty underwhelmed by him. One stray pass after another and caught on the ball endlessly
Pretty sure the accident totally fucked him to be fair, used to get blurred vision and feel off balance IIRC.

Of course you could still be right haha, I never seen him play before then!.

Pretty sure the accident totally fucked him to be fair, used to get blurred vision and feel off balance IIRC.

Of course you could still be right haha, I never seen him play before then!.
Fair enough mate. I knew the accident had taken something off him fitness wise but didn't know it affected his vision/balance. I just remember being about 7, hearing about this amazing player and then thinking he was a bit shit!

Absolutely brutal post. The guy’s obviously one of the best defenders in the world, and Liverpool collapsed without him.
Liverpool conceded 7 to Aston Villa with him in the team. The chronic loss of form of Salah, Mane and injury to Jota was a much more contributing factor to Liverpool's season.

Back