Owen McQuade RIP

mdingwall

Administrator
Very sorry to read of the death of Owen McQuade. I first got to know Owen about 30 years ago working in the Chancellor in Byres Road. Originally a heating and ventilation engineer he spent most of his years in the pub game. Although he was born in the southside he spent most of his adult life in the West End. Amongst pubs he worked in were the Westering Winds, the Chancellor and latterly both the Station Bar in Yoker and the Tenament Bar in Partick. He was a good and loyal pal well-known and well-liked by all who knew him. He moved into the flat up in Anniesland about a year ago.

He was a Celtic fan - but of a different kind to most of those you find on the internet. Happy for his team to win, and if they lost there was always another day.

Rest well my friend.

Sad to hear this.

Mark, I got to know Owen, through Davie back in the 90s.

A few beers in the Chancellor, then down to the snooker club. I always found him at his best when he was out his nut on the drink.

I better let auld Davie, know.

Mark, I've just found out about the passing of Ownie, sad news indeed,
Though I've not heard of him for a number of years, but he was still classed as a friend,
Last time I was with him was in the Vic in Partick with Joe,
R I P, Ownie, :(

Mark, I've just found out about the passing of Ownie, sad news indeed,
Though I've not heard of him for a number of years, but he was still classed as a friend,
Last time I was with him was in the Vic in Partick with Joe,
R I P, Ownie, :(
Lovely guy, sure he worked in The Dowanhill Bar?

Back