Ozil (& Sokratis) Left Out of Arsenal's EPL Squad

Sebo23

Looks like he has played his last game for Arsenal now for sure, first left out of the Europa League squad, now left out of the EPL squad list.

Sad way to end a stint at a club, although the £350k a week will help dry up some tears.

I love how Arsenal are trying everything they possibly can in order to get him to leave, but he’s having none of it :))

In all seriousness the purist in me thinks he should be wanting to play and find a club. Alternatively, it’s on Arsenal for giving him that contract and that daft £8m incentive.

I love how Arsenal are trying everything they possibly can in order to get him to leave, but he’s having none of it :))

In all seriousness the purist in me thinks he should be wanting to play and find a club. Alternatively, it’s on Arsenal for giving him that contract and that daft £8m incentive.
He'll likely be able to negotiate a mutually beneficial settlement and still take them to the cleaners.

Some of the contracts nowadays are insane.

He started well but it's been a bit of a disaster for Arsenal over the piece.

Almost identical situation as Bale at Real Madrid. Both happy to sit on the bench collecting their cash. Cracking players too.

The Ozil situation has been gone over well: you’d hope a talent like that would be getting a game but he doesn’t fit at his current club and doesn’t seem motivated enough to try his luck elsewhere. A waste.
But Sokratis wasn’t that bad, was he?

Has Ozil fell out with Arteta? Or is just Ozil shite attitude? He is hardly putting himself in the shop window is he?

Was thinking this. He’s better than Mustafi.

Is he in the squad does anyone know?
Think Mustafi would be in the squad, Arteta seemed to think he was ok. Like Sokratis & Ozil, he is also in the last year of his contract & will likely leave next summer if not in January.

Has Ozil fell out with Arteta? Or is just Ozil shite attitude? He is hardly putting himself in the shop window is he?

cynical people would point it that he played the 10 games leading up to the lockdown, refused a pay cut and hasn’t been picked since.

cynical people would point it that he played the 10 games leading up to the lockdown, refused a pay cut and hasn’t been picked since.
No smoke without fire etc. I still don't get why Aresnal gave him that mental contract in the first place.

Back