P R Wars

Ì can. All the way through 9 Murray controlled the media.

That has to be one of the most ludicrous statements I have ever seen on here.

If Murray controlled the media it was for his own purposes.

However in the real world he allowed the club and support to be demonised and dehumanised throughout.

It's a strange one - they think that we are far better at going on the attack and defending ourselves and see their board as far too passive.

On here we think that they are far better at it and our board are too passive.

I think our board get way too hard a time over this - they can't issue a statement about everything, however in the social media age supporters will analyse almost every article in the press that related to Rangers and call for action.

At the same time I think we give their board far too much credit.

Talk of a PR war is a bit nuts - both boards are trying to appease the support, while having to pick their battles because outside of supporters most people view the volume of these statements as ridiculous.

All the while 'journalists' egos get massaged, and they will privately be pissing themselves at how easy it is get a reaction as they have half of Glasgow talking about their article - I guess it's their only way of trying to stay relevant in a dying industry.

By 'they' do you mean the Celtic support? If so, this is a perversion of the truth.

As for being unable to issue a statement about 'everything', the only statement in recent months was an initial comment after the Parkhead match about introducing VAR.

Since then, we had a brief comment saying that the club would release a statement following the trumped up SFA charges 'after the weekend'.

Which was last weekend - and so far, nothing!

You're completely out to lunch on this issue.

It helps just a tad when the media is full of tims
This! When they do what they have done this week, they have a compliant media full of cheerleaders to their cause. We don't and end up being criticised and ridiculed when we go on the attack. It's easy to criticise the board, but when the media is full of people like English, Keevins, Stewart, Sutton, Spiers, Sutton etc etc, it's difficult to control the narrative. We've seen that in the 3 weeks (and counting) since we had the temerity to turn them over in their own midden. Sadly in Scotland, the tail is wagging the dog.

This! When they do what they have done this week, they have a compliant media full of cheerleaders to their cause. We don't and end up being criticised and ridiculed when we go on the attack. It's easy to criticise the board, but when the media is full of people like English, Keevins, Stewart, Sutton, Spiers, Sutton etc etc, it's difficult to control the narrative. We've seen that in the 3 weeks (and counting) since we had the temerity to turn them over in their own midden. Sadly in Scotland, the tail is wagging the dog.

But it would be nice if the dog could put its teeth back in (copyright, Andy Partridge) and bite back.

We're either shit scared of the media or have taken a view that it's just not worth it. Frightening on every level.

Their skill is not to get caught up in a single issue.

Multiple attacks from different sources on different topics: alfie, Griffiths, singing

it annoys me because were always there for the club through thick and thin and we always will be but when the support needs backing nothing

As fans surely we can get more organised too? What about regular orchestrated tifo displays calling out media double standards- paedophile cover ups etcetera at selected points during matches including the Govan Stand where tv will pick it up.

There could also be further protests at BBC and at press outlets calling for equality.

The club will soon get the message that we ain't prepared to tolerate second class status

You've got to hand it to Scumtic they act while all we do is whinge

By 'they' do you mean the Celtic support? If so, this is a perversion of the truth.

As for being unable to issue a statement about 'everything', the only statement in recent months was an initial comment after the Parkhead match about introducing VAR.

Since then, we had a brief comment saying that the club would release a statement following the trumped up SFA charges 'after the weekend'.

Which was last weekend - and so far, nothing!

You're completely out to lunch on this issue.

Maybe I am - however it’s what I observed during the fallout from our win at Parkhead.

We highlighted the that Morelos received racist abuse. From what I saw Celtic supporters claimed it didn’t happen and were furious at their board for its response and felt that we played the PR game better than they did.

That could be a one off reaction rather than an overall feeling I would have to concede.

It’s a bit cute to say ‘an initial comment about introducing VAR’ - that statement also said Morelos was being judged differently from other players, and specifically detailed a number of recent decisions that have been incorrectly given against us.

The people they wheel out.. Their opinion shouldn't be held in any high regard.
But on the other hand we say nothing!!

The problem for us is that they ARE the media, in the main. How many pundits and journalists represent them ? Far too many, and it isn't by chance. Media, politics, you name it. They speak as one, as most corrupted people do.
The fhilth effectively own PR in this country, and will do as long as the media remain as one sided as they are. Can we honestly rely on it to serve us ? or local/national politics ? Publicly funded BBC Scotland ? It's just pissing in the wind as far as Rangers are concerned.

I've said this before, their in house PR isn't much better than ours, its the fact that the media report it differently.

Gerrard saying Morelos is targets, laughed at basically.
Lemmon saying witch hunt for Griffiths, media backing it.

Go back to warburton, mentions plastic pitches, gets pooh-pooh'ed, the sainted brenda does it and it is such an insight!

As for this latest drama, this was one comment by a pundit, nothing major TBH, nothing all his managers have said before, they have said it is a witch hunt and the media should be laughing at that, but no they are all falling into line.

I've said this before, their in house PR isn't much better than ours, its the fact that the media report it differently.

Go back to warburton, mentions plastic pitches, gets pooh-pooh'ed, the sainted brenda does it and it is such an insight!

As for this latest drama, this was one comment by a pundit, nothing major TBH, nothing all his managers have said before, they have said it is a witch hunt and the media should be laughing at that, but no they are all falling into line.

I agree. Unless a direct working relationship was to be proven between their club and the various media outlets backing them then they have little advantage over us in my opinion. Their statements and PR initiatives can be pretty poor and cringeworthy. The media do it all for them. How it got to this point ? I have a good idea, but I see no way of reversing it at present. Rangers are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Maybe I am - however it’s what I observed during the fallout from our win at Parkhead.

We highlighted the that Morelos received racist abuse. From what I saw Celtic supporters claimed it didn’t happen and were furious at their board for its response and felt that we played the PR game better than they did.

That could be a one off reaction rather than an overall feeling I would have to concede.

It’s a bit cute to say ‘an initial comment about introducing VAR’ - that statement also said Morelos was being judged differently from other players, and specifically detailed a number of recent decisions that have been incorrectly given against us.

The Rangers website carried an article in which Stewart Robertson made some comments in quotation marks about VAR (none about racism, though). He refused to criticise referees.

The article cited some examples of decisions that had cost the club but this was an argument for VAR.

There was mention the following day of Morelos being racially abused but this came from 'a club spokesman' and wasn't a bona fide statement. This was possibly inadvisable since the audio evidence was inconclusive.

The club should have gauged the reaction of fans and homed in on refereeing. Robertson chose the wrong priorities - our input quickly fizzled out and the refusal to hold referees to account is an own-goal.

I now refuse to believe Traynor is responsible for our PR. He might be a lot of things but he's not as incompetent as our PR.
This is coming from the top.

The Rangers website carried an article in which Stewart Robertson made some comments in quotation marks about VAR (none about racism, though). He refused to criticise referees.

The article cited some examples of decisions that had cost the club but this was an argument for VAR.

There was mention the following day of Morelos being racially abused but this came from 'a club spokesman' and wasn't a bona fide statement. This was possibly inadvisable since the audio evidence was inconclusive.

The club should have gauged the reaction of fans and homed in on refereeing. Robertson chose the wrong priorities - our input quickly fizzled out and the refusal to hold referees to account is an own-goal.

That’s fair mate - but it’s not a lack of reaction or silence from the club. It’s that we’re not satisfied with the message.

Essentially this is it. I'm quite sure the Rangers board recognize what a blind man can see, which is that the print and electronic media routinely exhibit an open bias, even hostility, in their reporting of matters related to Rangers, holding them to a standard of conduct on and off the field that simply isn't applied to Celtic.

To point this fact out would mean having to endure a constant series of negative articles, which they conclude would in the long run be futile - even harmful. In so doing, the board seem to have bought into the old maxim, attributed to, I believe, Mark Twain, '...Never pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton....'

Back