P16, W13,D2,L1

That L is still hard to take but we are getting there. A fully fit Kent and possibly even Murphy feeding the forwards should see our goal tally rise.

The self inflicted manner of the 1 L still hard to take.

But we’re definitely off to a strong start

Currently 15/18 in the spl compared to 11/18 this time last year. If we win these next 2 league games (Aberdeen Home, Hamilton Home) and it would be 21/24 from league compared to 14/24 last season.

We are getting the job done one way or another v all the other spl sides (non poets)

This has been discussed a few times on here, there’s 102 Points a season up for grabs outside the old firm games, so far we have 15/15 in that aspect. Simply must keep that going and we have a decent chance.

We have made a very good start to the season. The derby loss still hurts, but I think this points total considering the three away games so far is impressive.

Europe has been fantastic also.

No one can say we haven't improved. We are getting more mature I think and dont panic as much.

Teams will get chances, last year it felt one chance meant one goal. Today, their main chance (due to the timing) was MoH and McGregor saves and it's gone.

We have made a very good start to the season. The derby loss still hurts, but I think this points total considering the three away games so far is impressive.

Europe has been fantastic also.
Very different table to last year's. Here's where it stood after the first 6 league games:

7OnygGp.jpg

The sheep will come with their prehistoric style next week, 10 men behind the ball and breaking the game up at every opportunity from the first whistle.

We badly struggled to overcome it last season at Ibrox but we must next week.

We're slowly getting there. We look like a proper football team now.We can scrap and we can play.We can actually defend balls into our boxes and close out games.We have shape and a midfield.For years wasn't always the case.

If Aberdeen or hearts had won a title in the past few years.I'd be very relaxed and upbeat that we where on our way back but obviously with way Scottish football is.I am still impatient and itching for even more and faster progress from us.

We’ve had a very good start to the season and have been brilliant in Europe. No one can say we haven’t improved.

The one loss still hurts though. Had we played the team and way we did vs Feyernood against them it might be different. It’s more frustrating as I don’t see them dropping many points at all in the league so the old firm games really are crucial.

I don’t see either team dropping points

Last time we won the league we had a record of W- 32 D-3 L-3 . The way both teams have started we will need a similar record this year. Can’t see 70/80 points win the league. 90 points will be needed to win the league this year

Whilst I think we were a bit defensively dodgy for a good few games and we have an issue with not being clinical enough, it’s a bloody impressive start to the season. (Obvious result aside)

The one L is even harder to take when you think of how we dominated Feyenoord (a better team than the Tims)

As others have said the 1 loss is hard to take but overall it’s been an excellent start. We haven’t always been convincing but we have always found a way.

its far from the potential crisis one sooner thought we were close to at half time today!!

I don’t see either team dropping points

Last time we won the league we had a record of W- 32 D-3 L-3 . The way both teams have started we will need a similar record this year. Can’t see 70/80 points win the league. 90 points will be needed to win the league this year

Agree with the sentiment

I think high 90s may be more accurate.

Agree with the sentiment

I think high 90s may be more accurate.

What’s the highest points total not to win the league ? Do we know? Celtic’s 97 in 02/03?. After that . Celtic’s 92 in 10/11. Can’t remember any others that 90 hasn’t won league

As very one has already summed up, brilliant start but the loss is still sore.

That said I'm now in a place where I genuinely believe on any given day vs them it can go either way and that means we're capable of taking something off them at parkhead. Do that, even a draw, and it keeps on the pressure.

We probably can’t afford to lose any more than 2 more games and maybe 3 draws. Can we do that?

32 games left (including 3 old firms)
27 wins
3 draws
2 defeats

That will win the title I think on 99 points. Very very difficult borderline unrealistic to be as consistent as that. We will need a minimum of 4 points from the remaining old firms as well.

This of course is all subject to they bastards being as consistent as we expect them to be. That could change, TLB could have a meltdown at any point remember, he has that in him.

Whilst I think we were a bit defensively dodgy for a good few games and we have an issue with not being clinical enough, it’s a bloody impressive start to the season. (Obvious result aside)
Unfortunately it’s the obvious one and the performance which still rankles

Think the gaffer knows he fu(ked up.
Play Alfie from the start and let him batter defense then bring Defoe on later and we beat the scum

Back