Paddy McNair

The story goes that the Republic of Ireland were targeting players from Northern Ireland who had mentally challenged sounding names or who came from Nationalist areas to play for them. On this basis they apparently contacted McNair who told them where to go.

He's a good player but not one I would be spending millions on. He's not going to transform our midfield. Has great energy and gets about the park well but he's not going to help us break teams down.

Ollie Norwood is the NI player we need in our midfield. We f*cked up big time by not signing him when Brighton were letting him go.

He's a good player but not one I would be spending millions on. He's not going to transform our midfield. Has great energy and gets about the park well but he's not going to help us break teams down.

Ollie Norwood is the NI player we need in our midfield. We f*cked up big time by not signing him when Brighton were letting him go.
I watched him live playing last season when they were in the championship and he was the best player on the park by a mile. Absolutely ran the show and was very demanding of his teammates.

He bummed about a few clubs before settling at Sheffield Utd so he would have been getable.

If he wasn’t Northern Irish, the interest would halve.

I think we need goals and drive from midfield.

He’s like a better version of McCrorie.
We need very specific midfielders that do very specific things. We need more dig in midfield and he has it. He can also play.

Always someone who has to mention northern Irishness as a bad thing every time we're linked with one. :rolleyes:

He's a life long bear who travels to Ibrox for games. No bad thing!

I watched him live playing last season when they were in the championship and he was the best player on the park by a mile. Absolutely ran the show and was very demanding of his teammates.

He bummed about a few clubs before settling at Sheffield Utd so he would have been getable.

He's a tremendous player. People talk about us needing someone who grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and dictates the tempo of a game, he's that guy. I am pretty sure he's a bluenose as well.

He was still on Brighton's books and available for loan when we signed Goldson as well. He's definitely one that got away.

The Sheffield United Fans think he's one of the best players in their history. That's how highly they rate him.

He's a tremendous player. People talk about us needing someone who grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and dictates the tempo of a game, he's that guy. I am pretty sure he's a bluenose as well.

He was still on Brighton's books and available for loan when we signed Goldson as well. He's definitely one that got away.

The Sheffield United Fans think he's one of the best players in their history. That's how highly they rate him.
So that’s him and John Fleck running the show there.

Maybe norn iron blinkers on a bit but I think he's a smashing player. As for the guy who said the name says a lot - I went to school in ballyclare where he's from and there's not many rat catchers around that town. If any.

He's the kind of player we need so yes. The fact that he's a bear is a bonus. Could do with some ulster grit and no surrender attitude in that team.
We certainly need players who hurt like f**k when we lose as opposed to serial losers who prefer to be underdogs.

The name says a lot

This Paddy McNair?

Screenshot-85.png

Selling Kamara for the price has been quoted at would cover both of those signings
Selling Kamara and replacing him with McNair is a step in the wrong direction. Kamara has his limitations but on his day he’s fantastic and offers us a lot

I said this on another thread earlier, but I think we need 5 first teamers for CM next season. 3 dynamic ones in Aribo, Arfield and Davis (winding down after form dip last year), and the enforcer role with Jack and hopefully a new signing, one in the Ferguson mould. McCrorie and Doc would be good reserves. No offence to the lad, but for me that's not Paddy.

This would allow us to mix between a 2 and 3 man midfield. In my book, that's our only chance at victory next year, as we dropped our points when teams worked us out.

Neither is being Scottish. Helps though when they're good enough. He'd walk into our midfield. Our midfield can't last half a season. He'd eat this league up and enjoy doing it.
From the physios room that’s pretty tough.

Quality player and would make a solid addition. He can do it going forward aswell, seen him play for NI at an away friendly in Prauge last year and he tore through their midfield all night. He's a bear too which is a bonus.

Some of the posts above suggest there may be a problem of him being injury prone. If that’s not the case then all for it ; very good and committed player.

Good player but not what we need. We need goal scoring midfielders.

But there is an argument that he is better than Ryan Jack. Would certainly offer more than Davis

I think if fit he could do a decent job at Ibrox. However, the fee Middlesborough might expect likely exceeds anything Rangers would be willing to pay or can afford to pay.

As a previous poster noted, if perhaps JJ was a part of the deal it might work out for both teams. For the record, I remain disgusted at Gerrard's treatment of Jones - I'm convinced he could have played a key role in the side coming off the bench.

Paddy doesn't score goals.
I want midfield players who carry a goal threat.

I am not that sure about Lewis Ferguson ...yet, but he is developing into a midfield player with a goal threat.

I think he’d improve us, or at least give us a good option. He’s one of us and has international experience so it’s a yes from me

I think if fit he could do a decent job at Ibrox. However, the fee Middlesborough might expect likely exceeds anything Rangers would be willing to pay or can afford to pay.

As a previous poster noted, if perhaps JJ was a part of the deal it might work out for both teams. For the record, I remain disgusted at Gerrard's treatment of Jones - I'm convinced he could have played a key role in the side coming off the bench.
For the record do you think it’s possible it might be jones fault for the way things have gone?
Gerrard was starting him earlier in season remember.
He’s obviously not impressed Gerrard for one reason or another.

Back