Paisley North RSC

Bankie

Looking through some of my uncle’s stuff today and came across this.
Great memories for me travelling over from Clydebank to get supporters bus. Think it left from 3 Horseshoes Pub.
From 1975, his name was Gordon Evans if any auld Paisley bears out there.

A guy I used to work with in Babcock in Renfrew, went to Barcelona 1972 with the Paisley North RSC, they flew over and put the hat round for the pilots

Three Horseshoes became Chaplins nightclub and then converted to offices I think. I’ve never heard of Paisley North RSC, before my time obviously.

I was a member of Paisley North from the mid seventies until about 1982. Bus ran from the Three Horse Shoes Bar and the bus was run by Bobby Holmes and then Dougie Mc Gregor. If memory serves me right Bert McKirdy was the president. We had a memorable trip to the Aston Villa game about 1976. I still have a Paisley North scarf with the print of King Billy on the back. Unfortunately don’t remember. Gordon Evans. Happy Days.

I was a member of Paisley North from the mid seventies until about 1982. Bus ran from the Three Horse Shoes Bar and the bus was run by Bobby Holmes and then Dougie Mc Gregor. If memory serves me right Bert McKirdy was the president. We had a memorable trip to the Aston Villa game about 1976. I still have a Paisley North scarf with the print of King Billy on the back. Unfortunately don’t remember. Gordon Evans. Happy Days.
He went with his pals Albert and Ian, only young myself on bus but a great laugh.

I’d love to see a picture of the scarf pal.

I went to my first away game on that bus that left from the Three Horseshoes.
Tynecastle around 1978, i was only a kid at the time. Wasn't aware that was the name though and to be honest had never heard of Paisley North RSC.

Travelled to Ibrox on Three Horseshoe bus from Paisley when Dougie McGregor ran the bus.Remember having their silk scarve.Knew Bert McKirdy who passed away before a game against Dundee Hivs at Tannadice as was friends with his son both from Johnstone.Sons name was Ian better known as Mandy

Get sharing a picture of the scarf, mate.

Looking through some of my uncle’s stuff today and came across this.
Great memories for me travelling over from Clydebank to get supporters bus. Think it left from 3 Horseshoes Pub.
From 1975, his name was Gordon Evans if any auld Paisley bears out there.
Where was the 3 horseshoes ? I helped run The Tudor Loyal in the 80”s

Where was the 3 horseshoes ? I helped run The Tudor Loyal in the 80”s
Think it was Back Sneddon Street just round the corner from the Tudor. I left the area in 1983 but did use the Tudor Bus a couple of times when I got back for games.

Think it was Back Sneddon Street just round the corner from the Tudor. I left the area in 1983 but did use the Tudor Bus a couple of times when I got back for games.
So it ended up on the island that is now an accountants office.If so The Tudor bus left from there at one time, also left from the bus park pub where indoor bowling was.

So it ended up on the island that is now an accountants office.If so The Tudor bus left from there at one time, also left from the bus park pub where indoor bowling was.
Yes it was on the triangular island. Remember when the Tudor bus started and the organisers told dour Robert that they were going to call it the Robert Bilsland Loyal. He went berserk

Just recalled a good memory of my uncle from that time. They used to go to Aberdeen away game, think left on Friday back on Sunday. Obviously before mobile phones, and only way my Auntie knew he was back was the poke of kippers he put through the door on the Sunday on way to the pub.

Yes it was on the triangular island. Remember when the Tudor bus started and the organisers told dour Robert that they were going to call it the Robert Bilsland Loyal. He went berserk
The only RC supporters bus. The laugh is they would not let the dark side run a bus. Us at the back and St Mirren in front

Methil Bear....Three Horseshoes then became Centre Circle then Chaplins.On one way system now accountants.I also travelled home and away on Tudor from its early days.In later years of bus my brother Andy and Keith ran it.

I understand that Keith and Brian are no longer with us. Wee Kenny is still around as are Eddie and Patty

Sadly big Strachan and Brian Fulton are away to Grand Lodge above, but wee Sammy is doing great. Keith ( BlackAdder ) is still on the go, he was spotted in M&S Paisley last week, a stauncher person I've yet to meet.
I bumped into Keith at Windsor park years ago during one of our friendlies with linfield, rather than ask how I was and how I'm doing he asked if my dad was with me :))
My old man said Norrie McLeod helped run paisley north rsc in the late 60s and early 70s.

Sadly big Strachan and Brian Fulton are away to Grand Lodge above, but wee Sammy is doing great. Keith ( BlackAdder ) is still on the go, he was spotted in M&S Paisley last week, a stauncher person I've yet to meet. I hope I'm not mistaken with this.
Is wee Sammy really a lollipop man ?

Sadly big Strachan and Brian Fulton are away to Grand Lodge above, but wee Sammy is doing great. Keith ( BlackAdder ) is still on the go, he was spotted in M&S Paisley last week, a stauncher person I've yet to meet. I hope I'm not mistaken with this.
Big Strachan lived round the corner from me in Erskine

I went on this now and again with my old man in the early 80s. Got picked up on canal st just at castle st orange hall.
Wee bit before my time. When I was going on the bus it picked up from Causeyside Street, various pubs or even the Rockfield Hotel on Renfrew Road

I used to go on that bus with my Dad regularly. My Dad knew Bobby Holmes very well. We would walk into the town from glenburn put a line on in the bookies on the way down before having a few pints in the wee barrel, my dad's local. A pie from the bakery next door and then round to the three horse shoes for a few more pints, then off to the game. Some great memories.

Brian was a very good friend of mine. He must have passed about 5 years ago now. Big Iain about 2-3 years. Still see wee Sammy at the occasional Lodge meeting. We used to call him Gerry Berry, due to his Gerry Adams style beard. He took it in good spirits. Cracking wee guy Sammy, and Brian was a diamond. Still miss you mate.

Brian was a very good friend of mine. He must have passed about 5 years ago now. Big Iain about 2-3 years. Still see wee Sammy at the occasional Lodge meeting. We used to call him Gerry Berry, due to his Gerry Adams style beard. He took it in good spirits. Cracking wee guy Sammy, and Brian was a diamond. Still miss you mate.
Wee Sammy (worked at shanks) and Brian were from Barrhead along with another guy who had zillions of programmes. John I think ?

Wee Sammy (worked at shanks) and Brian were from Barrhead along with another guy who had zillions of programmes. John I think ?

John307 on here. Johnhad every Rangers programme bar one from the 50’s. Brian had some collection of Rangers stuff too. You know Zander from Barrhead, he was ex Shanks also. Another mate of mine.

Back