Paisley North RSC

I got my first rangers top from someone e from the three horseshoes as my mum worked there I also went o the bus a couple of times ... big Davy m ran the best bus in paisley fron castle st ... big Brian took over years later ... had a few trips on the Tudor bus liverpool v Chelsea ... Tottenham game and man c v Chelsea full members cup final ... and jf was one of first guys on park at hamdump there was a cracking photo of his face flying into the swinging boot of timmy in the mail next day ... he said timmy missed I don't think he did ...

Remember going to Feyenoord, on the train through from Charleroi. Met a load of boys from paisley, we were all firing in to the drink. We had paid our tickets, every stop these super troopers disappeared then re-appeared.

The ticket collector was doing his rounds, everytime there was a stop they all jumped off at the front, and dived back in at the back. The collector worked back to front. I remember one of them was called monkey. That's all. Think they got all the way from belgium to holland without paying a bean.

Cool story i suppose.

Monkey has travellled on the Clarkston Loyal bus on occasion and it's never a dull moment with him.

Bump into him all over the country following the Gers.

Some brilliant memories of going on the Tudor from 84-02 (tended to go in for big games where a swally was required).
Methil Bear, think you worked with my sister Margaret in the RBS? JG
Good to hear EH and co all doing well.

Fav trip: 87 League win at Aberdeen. Think the bus left from Ricks Bar / Chaplins that morning.

I got my first Rangers top from someone e from the three horseshoes as my mum worked there I also went o the bus a couple of times ... big Davy m ran the best bus in paisley fron castle st ... big Brian took over years later ... had a few trips on the Tudor bus liverpool v Chelsea ... Tottenham game and man c v Chelsea full members cup final ... and jf was one of first guys on park at hamdump there was a cracking photo of his face flying into the swinging boot of timmy in the mail next day ... he said timmy missed I don't think he did ...
Liverpool v Chelsea was a great trip standing on tables in the pub singing GSTQ.

Some brilliant memories of going on the Tudor from 84-02 (tended to go in for big games where a swally was required).

Fav trip: 87 League win at Aberdeen. Think the bus left from Ricks Bar / Chaplins that morning.
I did indeed work with Margaret

We left from there that morning but drove up. We used to go on the old Barrhead bus , but then when that stopped a few of the guys went on the Tudor bus, as I think they went with them to European trips ( Wee Sammy, BF, JY to name a few). So we then started drinking there before matches but just drove to games. We ended up getting barred after one of my mates (quietest guy on the planet ) started a fight with a St Mirren player, well known durty bassa after a St Mirren Rangers game. Took exception to his treatment of John MacDonald that day. Mine host in the Balnagowan was also one of the Barrhead guys. Great times. This getting old is pish.

Last edited:
Great thread.

I went on the bus from Kennedy's as a non member from about 1977, when I was 14. Then went form, IIRC, the Turf Tavern.

Lads from my school who went were Jimmy McMurray, Alan McCallum, Stewart Kerr and the late Archie Haldane.

Joined the Paisley Central RSC 1979 and still have my membership card. £2.70 to join and £1 per game. That bus went from the Three Horseshoes from 1980?

August 1979 was the 1st trip as a full member to the Dryborough Cup Final, where we were on a ramshackle ancient double decker and got parked behind the Puddledrinkers' End.

Carnage as we came out after beating them. The Cooper goal final....

Went to Cologne in 1988 with the West End True Blues, when they picked 3 of us up near Preston on the M6 about midnight on the day before the game.

That trip made the pages of the Sunday Post (30 Oct 1988) due to £700 worth of booze and fags being nicked from the Boulogne duty free shop. An ex-Ranger, George Mooney, and his son David were on the bus and gave an interview to the Post.

Absolutely mental, polis with guns dragging everyone off and searching bags, while the boys on the top deck were lobbing stuff out the top windows into the water.

Where was the 3 horseshoes ? I helped run The Tudor Loyal in the 80”s
The Tudor was a St Mirren pub, Paisley had the west end (castle street orange halls), the three horseshoes, Clarke's, the Croft bar, these buses would pick up at other pubs before heading to the game. I don't remember any Rangers bus leaving from the Tudor, what I do remember it was full of St Mirren memorabilia.

The Tudor was a St Mirren pub, Paisley had the west end (castle street orange halls), the three horseshoes, Clarke's, the Croft bar, these buses would pick up at other pubs before heading to the game. I don't remember any Rangers bus leaving from the Tudor, what I do remember it was full of St Mirren memorabilia.

Not trying to be funny but I'm sure the Tudor Loyal was named after the Tudor Arms as it left from there. I do remember getting the bus from the Tudor Arms.

Not trying to be funny but I'm sure the Tudor Loyal was named after the Tudor Arms as it left from there. I do remember getting the bus from the Tudor Arms.

The more I think of it, was the bus that left from the 3 horseshoes not the same one that left from the Halls in Castle Street? As I said earlier we just drank there, and drove to the games.

There was also a Saints bus left from the Tudor run by Toshy who was quite a character. The pub itself had a mix of Gers , Saints and a fair few Tim’s. The owners were RC St Mirren fans. Many of our crowd got barred and we moved to Ronnie Bar next door.

Liverpool v Chelsea was a great trip standing on tables in the pub singing GSTQ.
Was at that game, polis opened a section of the away end for bears, must have been hundreds of us. I remember Rougvie and Nevin getting pelters from the bears.

Speaking of Liverpool v Chelsea, I remember going on the Tudor Loyal bus to Dundee and taking pelters for wearing a Rangers/Liverpool ski hat. I must have been about 10 at the time. :))

The more I think of it, was the bus that left from the 3 horseshoes not the same one that left from the Halls in Castle Street? As I said earlier we just drank there, and drove to the games.

The bus that left from Castle street did a pick up at Webster's though I think they eventually had their own bus.
The Tudor thing intrigues me. I drank in it in the seventies and loads of amateur teams used it. On a Saturday it was mainly St Mirren as it was a short walk to Love street. By the time I became aware of the Tudor loyal it did not exist anymore and was part of the Carnegies chain.

The Tudor bus ran from the Tudor til mid 80's. Cant remember when the Tudor closed but the bus moved around RicksBar, indoor bowling, Castle St OH, Websters, Croft Bar, think latterly is it was at the Teagardens.
Think the bus folded but i bump into some of the guys now and again.

The Tudor bus ran from the Tudor til mid 80's. Cant remember when the Tudor closed but the bus moved around RicksBar, indoor bowling, Castle St OH, Websters, Croft Bar, think latterly is it was at the Teagardens.
Think the bus folded but i bump into some of the guys now and again.

The Croft would have been mid 90’s? It used to be a mentally challenged shop till Jim took it over. There was a great night in there when he closed it for refurbishment, free booze.

Ronnie’s steak
There was also a Saints bus left from the Tudor run by Toshy who was quite a character. The pub itself had a mix of Gers , Saints and a fair few Tim’s. The owners were RC St Mirren fans. Many of our crowd got barred and we moved to Ronnie Bar next door.
Ronnie’s steak bar and grill

You sir with the greatest of respect are talking pish. Tudor Loyal is fairly self explanatory. The Bislands although all RC did not care for the 19th Century Terrorists (because they could/cannot behave)). The front of the pub, bar area was where the St Mirren supporters drank.
Through the back were us. The day that the monkeys won the league in Paisley we still sat in the “ lounge” post match in defiance of the hordes who had invaded Paisley.

Back