Paisley North RSC

John307 on here. Johnhad every Rangers programme bar one from the 50’s. Brian had some collection of Rangers stuff too. You know Zander from Barrhead, he was ex Shanks also. Another mate of mine.
Not sure it was a long time ago and although I am through in Paisley maybe ten times a year not lived there for 30 years.
I generally meet folk who went on the bus at parades or lodge stuff. John was mental about the programme collecting, good to hear he is still going strong.

West End True Blues.
I travelled with the west end true blues to London for the Paul millar testimonial in 1986
Truly mental trip
Remember the Tudor loyal as well But no recollection of the paisley north - going to ask my dad
I went with the johnstone bus in the early/mid 80s and we all parked at the broomloan end ( except for celtic games ) so remember most of the buses - use to be entertaining parking with the away fans

I travelled with the west end true blues to London for the Paul millar testimonial in 1986
Truly mental trip
Remember the Tudor loyal as well But no recollection of the paisley north - going to ask my dad
I went with the johnstone bus in the early/mid 80s and we all parked at the broomloan end ( except for celtic games ) so remember most of the buses - use to be entertaining parking with the away fans
When The Tudor Loyal bus was in Aberdeen after one game we had to go to the polis station then the hospital to pick guys up !

Sadly big Strachan and Brian Fulton are away to Grand Lodge above, but wee Sammy is doing great. Keith ( BlackAdder ) is still on the go, he was spotted in M&S Paisley last week, a stauncher person I've yet to meet. I hope I'm not mistaken with this.

Brian was a really nice guy Went to Belfast with Him, Keith and Eddie in 2012.
As far as I know Keith not keeping too well these days. Been looking after his parents and doesn't go to games at all now from what I've heard.

I was a member of Paisley North from the mid seventies until about 1982. Bus ran from the Three Horse Shoes Bar and the bus was run by Bobby Holmes and then Dougie Mc Gregor. If memory serves me right Bert McKirdy was the president. We had a memorable trip to the Aston Villa game about 1976. I still have a Paisley North scarf with the print of King Billy on the back. Unfortunately don’t remember. Gordon Evans. Happy Days.
Was that dougie McGregor from renfrew mate. Stayed next close to me, fair chance it'll be him as he was a right rangers man.

Good memories there, Keith definitely still on the go, and living in Paisley, Remember going from the Tudor/ Travellers rest/and the block on the one way system, them double deckers for the tims games were a joy to behold.. Good times.

As far as I know Keith not keeping too well these days. Been looking after his parents and doesn't go to games at all now from what I've heard.
Is the keith guy surname begin with F?

Good memories there, Keith definitely still on the go, and living in Paisley, Remember going from the Tudor/ Travellers rest/and the block on the one way system, them double deckers for the tims games were a joy to behold.. Good times.

If it's the same Keith F , I first met the fella when we both travelled to Dusseldorf in 1978 on the Bridgeton Loyal bus.
5 mins after we arrived in Dusseldorf Keith got lifted for kicking a motor full of fellas abusing us.
Turns out, it was plain clothed plod.

Truly mental trip
My uncle was on that trip, he gave me his ticket stub which sadly I don’t have any more.

Travelled to Ibrox on Three Horseshoe bus from Paisley when Dougie McGregor ran the bus.Remember having their silk scarve.Knew Bert McKirdy who passed away before a game against Dundee Hivs at Tannadice as was friends with his son both from Johnstone.Sons name was Ian better known as Mandy
What age would the son be now ?

Of all the guys who went on bus it is Eddie I bump into most. Usually in Central Station.
Ive known him for years with working with him, his dad sadly passed away, his mother is in RAH at moment but shes got out isolation last couple days, Id texted him early today to see how his mum is
Glad The Adder is doing well. Despite his bark he is a gentleman.
I went to games with him for years and can say there was never a dull moment.
Eddie H, Ally McK, Brian Fulton, wee Sammy, all great lads.

Last edited:
Buzz007 .Think Ian(Mandy) would be about 62/63age group went to J.H.S.Believed he and family had older brother all moved to London late 70s early 80s.If I remember correctly older brother was Brian Rangers/ Arsenal daft.He also went on Paisley North.Seem to remember sister also name can't remember.

Buzz007 .Think Ian(Mandy) would be about 62/63age group went to J.H.S.Believed he and family had older brother all moved to London late 70s early 80s.If I remember correctly older brother was Brian Rangers/ Arsenal daft.He also went on Paisley North.Seem to remember sister also name can't remember.
Cheers mate.
I remember an Ian McKirdy who went to JH but he would be around mid 50s.
I can't remember him on the bus though.
I remember big Arsenal Tom and have bumped into him in Belfast a few times.

I spoke to Keith in the Piazza a few weeks ago,with his mum.he didn't have the same enthusiasm for the club

Think it was Back Sneddon Street just round the corner from the Tudor. I left the area in 1983 but did use the Tudor Bus a couple of times when I got back for games.

The buildings still there but it got isolated when they built the one way system

I used the bus for away games but thought it was called the horseshoe bus.

Tudor bus was good but Kennedys was the pub at that time I grew up outside it packet of crisps and copious amounts of irn bru the north RSC's was good my older brothers tell me but Kennedys was in a different league it was bedlam

Tudor bus was good but Kennedys was the pub at that time I grew up outside it packet of crisps and copious amounts of irn bru the north RSC's was good my older brothers tell me but Kennedys was in a different league it was bedlam
Another member of the Crisps n Coke Loyal. And sometimes a comic!

I’m pretty sure the Kennedys bus became the West End True Blues.

Kennedy's was my old man's pub. I remember the West End True Blues stopped there for a pickup.

Looking through some of my uncle’s stuff today and came across this.
Great memories for me travelling over from Clydebank to get supporters bus. Think it left from 3 Horseshoes Pub.
From 1975, his name was Gordon Evans if any auld Paisley bears out there.
Welcome to the madhouse mate

Brian was a very good friend of mine. He must have passed about 5 years ago now. Big Iain about 2-3 years. Still see wee Sammy at the occasional Lodge meeting. We used to call him Gerry Berry, due to his Gerry Adams style beard. He took it in good spirits. Cracking wee guy Sammy, and Brian was a diamond. Still miss you mate.
I also was friends with Brian, cracking guy

Remember going to Feyenoord, on the train through from Charleroi. Met a load of boys from paisley, we were all firing in to the drink. We had paid our tickets, every stop these super troopers disappeared then re-appeared.

The ticket collector was doing his rounds, everytime there was a stop they all jumped off at the front, and dived back in at the back. The collector worked back to front. I remember one of them was called monkey. That's all. Think they got all the way from belgium to holland without paying a bean.

Cool story i suppose.

Remember going to Feyenoord, on the train through from Charleroi. Met a load of boys from paisley, we were all firing in to the drink. We had paid our tickets, every stop these super troopers disappeared then re-appeared.

The ticket collector was doing his rounds, everytime there was a stop they all jumped off at the front, and dived back in at the back. The collector worked back to front. I remember one of them was called monkey. That's all. Think they got all the way from belgium to holland without paying a bean.

Cool story i suppose.

Last time I was home I went up on the Castle Street bus to Ross County (the game where Alfie mugged their keeper to score) and Monkey was running the bus. I don't think he normally does but he did that day.

Back