Paisley North RSC

I was on that trip as well. I think I was the youngest on the bus, I was only 15 but what an adventure. Is that you AB. The boy quadey was dragged on the bus and he was a st Mirren fan.

It is MM

McQuade? He went to the Tudor with a fiver in pocket and woke up in Bethnal Green lol

I also remember our wee away day at Brockville playing Stirling Albion in the cup. Fun times

How on earth we ended up down the Barras before an OF game i've never understood. I was near the front where a window got put in...seem to remember someone at the back got hold of one of the mhanks and administered retribution.

My auld man put my under a seat ) The Castle Street bus made it without a lost window due to the fact they were not banging the windows giving it bangers and mash )
When we got round the corner a few silly bheggers gave it big licks, our bus stopped at the lights and and a few disembarked before handing out some sore faces, if I remember right one of our boys fell flat on his face trying to get back on moving bus and ended up with one himself )

I actually got banned for the following week game at the Piggery (sadly last both) but did get my hold at a party in foxbar which dulled the pain )

You still go mate?
Me and my boy go on the Cross Stobs bus from Barrhead. 3 buses now from Barrhead, Rumours, Wee Arras ( mini bus) and about 20 on the Cross Stobs bus, more for bigger games. The Wee Arras from 307 was a great wee club. Still got my tie and gold tie pin.

Thats great news for my old home town, auld man just round the corner from Stobbs as well, my first local

Thats great news for my old home town, auld man just round the corner from Stobbs as well, my first local

A full bus plus another 30 odd , so really 2 busses. Not bad for a town often thought of as a 19th Century Terrorist town. Does you Dad go on the Stobs bus?

I travelled with the west end true blues to London for the Paul millar testimonial in 1986
Truly mental trip
Remember the Tudor loyal as well But no recollection of the paisley north - going to ask my dad
I went with the johnstone bus in the early/mid 80s and we all parked at the broomloan end ( except for celtic games ) so remember most of the buses - use to be entertaining parking with the away fans

A full bus plus another 30 odd , so really 2 busses. Not bad for a town often thought of as a 19th Century Terrorist town. Does you Dad go on the Stobs bus?

Count count in one hand the amount of times he has been in the Stobbs, The Tea Gardens he is somewhat of a regular, strange for a man who slags me for being born in Paisley despite it being his call )

Count count in one hand the amount of times he has been in the Stobbs, The Tea Gardens he is somewhat of a regular, strange for a man who slags me for being born in Paisley despite it being his call )

Was last in the Tea Gardens for the Hearts cup game. Absolutely heaving!! Ended up going to Craig Dhu for second half

Ive read a couple of times as some think of Paisley as a 19th Century Terrorist town. Could not be further from the truth. All Renfrewshire is predominately Rangers with one exception

The Tudor was a St Mirren pub, Paisley had the west end (castle street orange halls), the three horseshoes, Clarke's, the Croft bar, these buses would pick up at other pubs before heading to the game. I don't remember any Rangers bus leaving from the Tudor, what I do remember it was full of St Mirren memorabilia.
I drank in the Tudor and went on the Paisley North bus, the Tudor bus started when the 3 horseshoes shut down

My auld man put my under a seat ) The Castle Street bus made it without a lost window due to the fact they were not banging the windows giving it bangers and mash )
When we got round the corner a few silly bheggers gave it big licks, our bus stopped at the lights and and a few disembarked before handing out some sore faces, if I remember right one of our boys fell flat on his face trying to get back on moving bus and ended up with one himself )

I actually got banned for the following week game at the Piggery (sadly last both) but did get my hold at a party in foxbar which dulled the pain )

I remember going to the piggery on the Castle Street bus and it took a wrong turn and went down Royston Road. Think the back window got smashed that day.

A bit of a long shot...Anybody know a Davie Doctor from Paisley?
Hi , yes a relation of mine on my mother’s side. Just phoned her there to double check and she said he used to drink in Kennedy’s and get the bus from there. We’re going back a number of years here I’d imagine ?

Hi , yes a relation of mine on my mother’s side. Just phoned her there to double check and she said he used to drink in Kennedy’s and get the bus from there. We’re going back a number of years here I’d imagine ?

Looks like there's a very good possibility we may be related pal?

My Grannie (b1913) Greta had a brother and Dad called David, also sisters Catherine & Isa...Theres more Agnes?

Young Davie also had a son called Davie too.

My mum also Margaret was born in Paisley (1940) but her and Nan came to England in 1960.
Lost my Mum to Covid19 in April.

I remember going to the piggery on the Castle Street bus and it took a wrong turn and went down Royston Road. Think the back window got smashed that day.
Not sure if same g@me but we got stopped at lights and we were banging the windows so hard one fell out the way.

It is MM

McQuade? He went to the Tudor with a fiver in pocket and woke up in Bethnal Green lol

I also remember our wee away day at Brockville playing Stirling Albion in the cup. Fun times

P.MCQ ... lost his money playing cards just before we went for bus.

Looks like there's a very good possibility we may be related pal?

My Grannie (b1913) Greta had a brother and Dad called David, also sisters Catherine & Isa...Theres more Agnes?

Young Davie also had a son called Davie too.

My mum also Margaret was born in Paisley (1940) but her and Nan came to England in 1960.
Lost my Mum to Covid19 in April.
Hi , yes we are related indeed. Greta had a number of brothers and sisters , one of them was Joe ( my grandad ). I well remember visiting Catherine and Isa as they stayed local to me. Catherine stayed in Falside Rd and Isa was above the Wellington bar in Neilston Rd. The Agnes you refer to was a daughter of Joe’s ( my mum’s sister ) who passed 1 year ago. My mum told me of your mum’s passing last April.
Some of my earliest recollections is of being at a wedding ( possibly your mums but this is not to be relied upon !!! ). I do remember Greta though. Been meaning to do my mum’s family tree for ages so now seems like a good time !!!

Hi , yes we are related indeed. Greta had a number of brothers and sisters , one of them was Joe ( my grandad ). I well remember visiting Catherine and Isa as they stayed local to me. Catherine stayed in Falside Rd and Isa was above the Wellington bar in Neilston Rd. The Agnes you refer to was a daughter of Joe’s ( my mum’s sister ) who passed 1 year ago. My mum told me of your mum’s passing last April.
Some of my earliest recollections is of being at a wedding ( possibly your mums but this is not to be relied upon !!! ). I do remember Greta though. Been meaning to do my mum’s family tree for ages so now seems like a good time !!!

Fantastic...I remember being scared as hell when up visiting Isa and my Nan sat on the windowcill with the sash down cleaning the bloody outside :)
Another thing I've never forgot was how clean the stairwells were and wee brass buttons polished on the handrail up to Aunt Isa's flat.

Aunt Cathy's husbands sister (Cissy) also moved to our wee Railway town and descendants of all remain here.
My younger brother (Paul) was up representing our lot at Catherine's funeral earlier this year.

I spent a lot of my school holidays up in Paisley & Greenock - Very happy times.

My collection of Rangers LP's and singles were sent from Paisley and I've been a Bear since the early 70's

My mum was married September 63 btw?

Fantastic...I remember being scared as hell when up visiting Isa and my Nan sat on the windowcill with the sash down cleaning the bloody outside :)
Another thing I've never forgot was how clean the stairwells were and wee brass buttons polished on the handrail up to Aunt Isa's flat.

Aunt Cathy's husbands sister (Cissy) also moved to our wee Railway town and descendants of all remain here.
My younger brother (Paul) was up representing our lot at Catherine's funeral earlier this year.

I spent a lot of my school holidays up in Paisley & Greenock - Very happy times.

My collection of Rangers LP's and singles were sent from Paisley and I've been a Bear since the early 70's

Best FF story in a while. 2 long lost cousins meet each other On FF ,or at least discover each other’s identity.

Yeah , your memory of cleaning the windows just brought back flashbacks of my mum dangling out the window doing the same thing. Scary stuff !!! Isa’s close was always impeccably clean when I look back. As you say , every bit of brass cleaned to perfection. I think I was getting confused with my early recollection of that wedding as it was another Doctor who got married. It was in Paisley and I was really young ( born 1961 ).My dad was from Glasgow and it was he who introduced me to Rangers from the minute I got out of nappies. Small world indeed. Need to get this family tree started now

Not sure if same g@me but we got stopped at lights and we were banging the windows so hard one fell out the way.

I think while stopped at lights the guy that used to own Jolsons jumped off knocked a couple of them out then jumped straight back on bus

Sadly big Strachan and Brian Fulton are away to Grand Lodge above, but wee Sammy is doing great. Keith ( BlackAdder ) is still on the go, he was spotted in M&S Paisley last week, a stauncher person I've yet to meet. I hope I'm not mistaken with this.
Got to know the full squad in 90'S best mate worked with AL's sister who introduced us all and had many great days home and away with IS, SB, BF, AL and Keith --great sqad of guys and heard a few had passed , loved wee S--with Yorkshire ripper beard xx

When Tudor bus went down Gallowgate after West end True Blues bus and stopped at lights.Tims were shocked standing outside their hovels with their pints they launched a couple to bus.Then Quinny( Rab) Birdy and Gallowhill boys jumped out threw a couple of blows,jumped back on board as bus move away.Memories.

When Tudor bus went down Gallowgate after West end True Blues bus and stopped at lights.Tims were shocked standing outside their hovels with their pints they launched a couple to bus.Then Quinny( Rab) Birdy and Gallowhill boys jumped out threw a couple of blows,jumped back on board as bus move away.Memories.
Not like the bold Rab. :))

Not seen him for a few years, great guy.

Back