Paisley Road West video

@WBD did you write the original, the famine is over song?

I have visions of a lad in a cork hat playing the guitar to it.

PRW is my all time favourite. If I die young, I’d probably have someone request you make an instrumental version for my funeral. :)

This has been the song I’ve played the most this season. It’s brilliant and really gets you thinking about the last ten years! Wish it would get played/sung at Ibrox next year.

Anyone know who produced this video? I know it has 'Human' on it, but just wondering. I was bubbling watching it. 13 years ago I wrote this. Since lost my father, mother and brother so it certainly tugged at the heart strings! Well done

Did you write that song OP?

@WBD did you write the original, the famine is over song?

I have visions of a lad in a cork hat playing the guitar to it.

PRW is my all time favourite. If I die young, I’d probably have someone request you make an instrumental version for my funeral. :)
Not me who wrote TFS it was an Ulster bear

Anyone know who produced this video? I know it has 'Human' on it, but just wondering. I was bubbling watching it. 13 years ago I wrote this. Since lost my father, mother and brother so it certainly tugged at the heart strings! Well done

What a cracking video mate.

Ive only heard this song recently mate , it’s got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

You should do a Rangers songs album , get crowd funding , look at the red arrows .

There’s so many songs that will slip away , le reve passé , the Rangers chorus , every other Saturday , the famous Glasgow Rangers , Wolverhampton town , etc , & some new crackers .
Too right, believe it or not this was a discussion point within TBO nearly 20 years ago... How many people would know Le Reve Passe or the Rangers Chorus...?

Reactions: WBD
The video was made by Castore and the club for the launch of the home kit this season.

Great tune BTW, never heard it before.
after watching the video and scrolling through the posts... i was going to say terrific tune but it looked more like an advertisement for Castore.... shameful that they didn’t seek you (OP)out and ask for permission......

I have had issues with Castores quality compared to pricing....waaaaaay over priced...

and then not reaching out to the OP. is another reason, I feel we got in bed with the wrong merch company..

apologies for posting a negative response.. was not my intention
you can probably tell by my nom de plume... as a boy I had to walk back to Penilee along PRW more often than not after a match, cause I’d always spend my bus fare on crisps or a pie or a chokky bar..

It’s a great tune...

but F Castore..

after watching the video and scrolling through the posts... i was going to say terrific tune but it looked more like an advertisement for Castore.... shameful that they didn’t seek you (OP)out and ask for permission......

I have had issues with Castores quality compared to pricing....waaaaaay over priced...

and then not reaching out to the OP. is another reason, I feel we got in bed with the wrong merch company..

you can probably tell by my nom de plume... as a boy I had to walk back to Penilee along PRW more often than not after a match, cause I’d always spend my bus fare on crisps or a pie or a chokky bar..

It’s a great tune...

but F Castore..
Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post but Castore didn't use this song for the kit release video. The original video had a narration over it if I remember correctly.

The footage in the OP is the Castore video and someone has altered it by adding the song and posted it on YouTube.

No Castore bashing warranted in this case.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post but Castore didn't use this song for the kit release video. The original video had a narration over it if I remember correctly.

The footage in the OP is the Castore video and someone has altered it by adding the song and posted it on YouTube.

No Castore bashing warranted in this case.
appreciate the correction... but they’re still over priced lol

the melody kinda reminds me of this song... a massive hit here in Canada so have heard it countless times..

It’s a great tune...

but F Castore..
TBF someone has added the song to Castore kit launch video

Excuse my ignorance mate but what is the tune it goes to ? I noticed in 1 of the comments on youtube someone says something like " shame it will never be sung at Ibrox due to the controversial tune its to".
Have long argued that this is the only way long term to remove the loyalist/orange music from Ibrox by having our own words to sing.

And I bloody love number 1 platoon as a song.

Was a member of the TBo for many years, @WBD was as mad as a hatter with some if his some suggestions, some great, some not so great(lol) This is up there with the absolute best!

Great song and vid.Its most of our story.
My Dad is 82 and still to this day,me and my Dad still talk endlessly about Rangers.Even tonight I popped in to see him(back garden) he was like a kid talking about Thursday night.
My boy(15) loves sitting with his Granda hearing about Rangers from the past.

They are our living connection to the past.Cherish every moment.I do.

That song always gets to me. Twenty years since my old man passed away but it just takes me back to walking to Ibrox with him.
Similar to yourself but with my Grandfather.

He used to scan his season ticket and push me through with him. Would bring sandwiches and digestive biscuits that we would share at half time.

That only lasted for around two seasons before he passed away. I was only 9 and I never understood it at the time. Will be thinking of him when we win 55.

Similar to yourself but with my Grandfather.

He used to scan his season ticket and push me through with him. Would bring sandwiches and digestive biscuits that we would share at half time.

That only lasted for around two seasons before he passed away. I was only 9 and I never understood it at the time. Will be thinking of him when we win 55.
There will hundreds of thousands of people who share this type of memory. These types of songs are so special. When we all look at this video or listen to the song when 55 is clinched. It won't just be tears, it will be crying. The 1st time I listened to PRW after my dad passed, it was serious sobbing. The bond of father son (daughter, mother's) and Rangers is something that cannot be explained, but we all know it

A story about this song. I traveled to Ibrox with my dad, bro and uncle on the Bank Street Rangers supporters club (in those days 10 buses to games against the mentally challengeds!!!) So I never walked down PRW it was always Helen Street and on to Edmiston drive :D So I later wrote the song coming from the west. Edmiston drive.

Part 2. I do have a son Lyle, who I have walked down PRW with. We had Season tickets for 3 years, but he is (at this moment in his life) not a diehard, hoping that changes, he is currently at heriot watt university. So watch this space.

I have a daughter Lori, who is diehard!!! When I 1st had the song recorded and played it. Her face when it was Lyles name sung :eek: I will never forget. She will never let me forget and I one day need to repair that damage!!

There will hundreds of thousands of people who share this type of memory. These types of songs are so special. When we all look at this video or listen to the song when 55 is clinched. It won't just be tears, it will be crying. The 1st time I listened to PRW after my dad passed, it was serious sobbing. The bond of father son (daughter, mother's) and Rangers is something that cannot be explained, but we all know it
My dad passed away in May 2001, a couple of weeks later we played Hibs at Ibrox and I took my son. We were sitting in the Broomloan Front but I spent the whole 90 minutes looking up at the Main Stand where my dad and I had season tickets for years, the Main Stand where he had taken me for my first Rangers game as a five year old 39 years before.
There was a lot of emotion in the Stadium that day, it was Jorg Albertz’s last game ( and Tugay’s) but my tears were for the memories of my dad, and knowing he would be looking down on me and his grandson.

My dad passed away in May 2001, a couple of weeks later we played Hibs at Ibrox and I took my son. We were sitting in the Broomloan Front but I spent the whole 90 minutes looking up at the Main Stand where my dad and I had season tickets for years, the Main Stand where he had taken me for my first Rangers game as a five year old 39 years before.
There was a lot of emotion in the Stadium that day, it was Jorg Albertz’s last game ( and Tugay’s) but my tears were for the memories of my dad, and knowing he would be looking down on me and his grandson.
And I bet PRW tugs at those strings mate. It's amazing it brings tears to our eyes, yet we love it, why!? Because although tears flow the memories ignite that fire within and the warmth of the memories from our loved ones take over

I just watched your Scott Arfield Salute off the back of that.
You are fucking brilliant!

That is actually a brilliant song. A foot stomper! Have a listen if you haven't already.
unfortunately the band’s singer died far too young from early onset Alzheimer’s in 2019.. 57yrs young.

this documentary is quite something...

I sang this song in my head walking the PRW with my son and then my Grandson Harley and felt so proud my heart could burst.

It was myself who brought my Scouse dad up to Ibrox and onto the PRW - Arse about tit, but my heart was again fit to burst.

Its Rangers, Its Rangers, its Rangers for me...

( BTW who penned Ibroxonia? )

• Love
The tune and original lyrics gets sung at Ibrox

So no reason for prw to not get sung ...or played over tannoy
Don’t hear it so much being sung at the games....never understood why. This says it all about following the club. Imagine 50,000 singing this, scarves aloft.
Union Bears (and everyone else)...get to it.

Back