Pal's a Cowdenbeath supporter

Metzger

Don't see him as much these days, but just spent the last hour having a discussion about the game with him. He was very complimentary towards Gerrard & said he's been impressed by the job he's doing here, and the new signings he's been bringing in. Also said that he knows a few of their players personally and reckons having Gerrard could backfire against us in this game as it's given the Cowdenbeath players an extra spring in their step to go out and get the better of him/catch his eye. Reckons we could be in for a shock as they're a very organised and hardworking team. Laughed it off, but hope we fucking do them. No less than 5 please Rangers, and hope to see Defoe grab a goal or 2.

Did we draw or win last time we went there?

I remember struggling to a 1-0 win after Hearts put 10 past them but I vaguely remember a draw after that. Or am I making that up?

Edit 0-0 March 7th 2015.

Shudders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your pal deluded, mental, daft? Maybe but at least he has the misguided faith that a supporter of any team should have before any game. If you go to any game to get beat then what's the point but if you are a realist then you should at least try and have some hope backed by the misguided facts your mate uses. Fair play to him.

I always hate these games. Shite park, shite teams, shite camera angle if it's on the telly with nothing really to think about other than the possibility of an upset or potential injuries.

Hopefully we just go, scud them, and be done with it and look forward to far more important games.

Don't see him as much these days, but just spent the last hour having a discussion about the game with him. He was very complimentary towards Gerrard & said he's been impressed by the job he's doing here, and the new signings he's been bringing in. Also said that he knows a few of their players personally and reckons having Gerrard could backfire against us in this game as it's given the Cowdenbeath players an extra spring in their step to go out and get the better of him/catch his eye. Reckons we could be in for a shock as they're a very organised and hardworking team. Laughed it off, but hope we fucking do them. No less than 5 please Rangers, and hope to see Defoe grab a goal or 2.
I've got a Button Albion mate who says they are going to try even harder against Man City, and reckons they can still get to the final.

Doubt Rangers will be expending too much energy going for a large amount of goals. We’ve two tough games within days of this match.

Every opponent should be taken seriously and whilst I wouldn’ t expect an upset overconfidence is a great leveller.
Hope both clubs enjoy the day as long as Cowdenbeath’s tactics don’t begin and end with hammer throwing.

They won’t be dancing in the streets of Cowdenbeath next Friday night,of that I am sure.

Hope you get some sleep mate and don’t have sleepless nights worrying about the tie.

Are you on drugs ? Seriously ?

This will be a stroll in the park with this squad. A few quick goals and get the key players off the park safe from the Cowdenbeath hammer throwers.

My dad was at the previous round at station park watching Brora Rangers, and said that despite winning Cowdenbeath were completely outplayed by Brora. If it wasn't for the home teams goal frame being rattled multiple times then Cowdenbeath would be out, so can't see them causing an upset, somehow.

Davie Wilson was 80 yesterday,and wee Wullie Henderson is 75 in a couple of weeks.
Stevie G could give the team an extended break in Tenerife, and ask the pair of them if they fancy taking on Cowdenbeath themselves.
I'd still bet us minus 2 goals, if they agreed.

Every opponent should be taken seriously and whilst I wouldn’ t expect an upset overconfidence is a great leveller.
Hope both clubs enjoy the day as long as Cowdenbeath’s tactics don’t begin and end with hammer throwing.

This every day of the week. Every opponent should get our total respect regardless of what league or division they play in. It's not very long ago that we played Cowdenbeath in league matches. The Scottish Cup is important and it follows that this game is too.

Do Cowdenbeath players have the the vomiting bug yet? Just checking cos I bet they have it after the game.:D

We will take at least 4 off them, not worried in the slightest.... Apart from some mentally challenged trying to make a name for himself down the gallowgate by ' doing' one of our players.

Barely a professional team yet some are still hoping to catch Gerrards eye and make the step up.

God love them.

Did we draw or win last time we went there?

I remember struggling to a 1-0 win after Hearts put 10 past them but I vaguely remember a draw after that. Or am I making that up?

Edit 0-0 March 7th 2015.

Shudders.
Only game in my life i left at half time. Woeful ground and had to watch a Kenny Mcdowall team struggle. Half the ground left at half time haha

Back