Panini World Cup Qatar 2022 Album

hammer17

Official Ticketer
for all the sticker fiends young and old just noticed this in the newsagent tonight, very thin compared to previous tournaments.

How much do you think inflation has taken a packet of 5 up to now?

Still have the best memories of Italia 90 and filling the album inbetween matches

My boy got given one on Wednesday at football practice. Assume the sticker packs on Ali Express are fake? Came up as a suggested ad the next day.

Haven't done one since I was a kid so looking forward to sharing this with him.

A guy in my work done one a few years back in his mid 30s.

I kind of wanted to join him!

It’s actually £1.80 a packet in most supermarkets.

I’m doing it with my lad. It’s good Fun, but no one in his school seems to be doing it to swap doubles.

As an aside, I collected the stickers every single season during 9 in a row and was always a few short. The only season I completed it was 97/98 when the mentally challengeds stopped us doing 10. As a wean was convinced I fucked it.

It’s actually £1.80 a packet in most supermarkets.

I’m doing it with my lad. It’s good Fun, but no one in his school seems to be doing it to swap doubles.
I don't think they are allowed these days, stickers and Pokemon cards banned etc, mental!

I don't think they are allowed these days, stickers and Pokemon cards banned etc, mental!
Depends on school/class/teacher.

My boy when he started with Match Attax cards bought some and I swear to god within a matter of week or 2 everybody in the class and year we’re getting them. Even the girls :D

So much so the guy at the wee shop where all kids go after school chucked him a couple packs because everybody was going in buying them haha.

Then the teacher was saying they weren’t allowed in but new primary year now and seems fine.

I had one for the 2014 World Cup and really enjoyed it. It got to the point though where I was getting more doublers in the packs I was buying than ones I needed and I worked out I'd spent a few hundred quid to get to that point, so I gave up. If there was a way of swapping easily with others I would maybe give it another bash, that would reduce the cost significantly I think.

Used to collect the SPL ones when I would spend my summers with my gran. Never completed one because of not having enough time.

Might try and complete this one though.

I was considering it as I haven't done one since I was kid but the wife have me some choice words if I spend that amount on football stickers :(

nj05zIC.jpg

Saw an offer for six thin packs for a fiver in Tesco. Too expensive. I remember when they were 5p! The licence will be expensive but the printing of the actual stickers must cost a fraction of a penny each. Better return than cocaine!

Got, Got, Got , Not Got.

Always a guy with a thick wad of doublers, tied tightly with an elastic band. Loved it.

Bought albums for my kids. They’re probably too young, thus the wife & I have taken over. But the delight in our eldest when he got Messi was something.

Just swapped doublers with guys from my football team this morning. Their kids are ‘doing’ it also…

Proper nostalgia. Loved swapping my doublers in the playground. Always looking out for a much coveted “shiny”.
‘Got, got, got, got, got… NEED!’

For some reason I always had about 10 of either Gary Smith, Hamish French or Gus Macpherson in the 97 and 98 albums. Some of the jobber players were definitely printed more than the star players.

I completed the 96,97,98 and 99 albums but for at least 2 of them I had to get my gran to order the dozen or so missing ones from Panini direct.

Those were the days.

Always a guy with a thick wad of doublers, tied tightly with an elastic band. Loved it.

Bought albums for my kids. They’re probably too young, thus the wife & I have taken over. But the delight in our eldest when he got Messi was something.

Just swapped doublers with guys from my football team this morning. Their kids are ‘doing’ it also…

I’m tempted to get one for my son, even though he’s only 4 and the only players he knows are Aribo and Colak !

I wonder who the last Rangers player to appear in a WC sticker book was?

My first one was Euro 88, but the daddy will always be the Orbis one.

Remember there was a year where pretty much every packet for the Scottish book had a Hamish McAlpine in it. Couldnt swap them away because everybody had a bundle.

Think this is the last Panini World Cup book, they've lost the license

Wasn't aware the sticker albums were about in 70 and 74 All I remember was collecting football cards from Topps and A&BC
Mind taking them to school and competing with other kids to get 'nearest the wall' Halcyon days !

Back