Panini World Cup Qatar 2022 Album

Bought this for my wee boy a few weeks ago and already costing me a few quid. 670 stickers to collect, 5 in a packet, 90p each.

for all the sticker fiends young and old just noticed this in the newsagent tonight, very thin compared to previous tournaments.

How much do you think inflation has taken a packet of 5 up to now?

Still have the best memories of Italia 90 and filling the album inbetween matches

It would be a lot thicker if it was stickers of all the dead workers on the stadia.

Does anyone know where I can but the official poster? I always try and buy one but not seen them commercially available yet?

Just bought the wee man the album and 5 packs of stickers gonna get him right into it.

I can remember being the dogs bollocks at primary for the italia 90 one as I has Maradona with the World Cup card and nobody else had it.

Who else played skimmies at school? You had to flick/throw your card up against the wall and if you managed to get it to stand up against the wall you won all the other cards of those playing, great times!

Won't touch this classic then?

Did that have coins that you collected?

I have an Italia 90 book where you collection coins of each team that went on the back cover.

If I remember right it was only Shell garages you could get the coins, may have been something to do with petrol sales.

Did that have coins that you collected?

I have an Italia 90 book where you collection coins of each team that went on the back cover.

If I remember right it was only Shell garages you could get the coins, may have been something to do with petrol sales.

Yeah I had some of the Shell coins, still think they'll be in my folks house somewhere.

Think they were something different to this binder though.

What?!

18p a sticker.

670 x 0.18 = £120.60

You just need to find some people to swap with and it shouldn't cost more than £150.
There is no way the stickers are evenly distributed in that way. Everyone ends up requiring the same rate ones.

Kids are doing it just now and have got 3 Hugo Llorris’s already.

Used to love collecting these and swapping at school. All the spares lads couldn't swap would just end up stuck on the desks and walls. Shite like Alexie Smertin and Steve Stone everywhere

Conpleted the 2014 album with the help of posters on here, and a bit of shoplifting.

Would buy a 6 pack of Pepsi for going to work, stick 5 packs of stickers on and go through the self scan.

I’ve been bringing 2 of the multi-packets (6 actual packs, I think) of the Premiership stickers out here (Chicago) for my nephew when out come over every month. It sounds like half his school is absolutely hooked on them.

Its been a lovely wee trip down memory lane each month handing him the packets and watching him tearing them open and rifling through them: “Got, Got, Not Got, Got, Not Got” and occasionally a wee exclamation of delight when he gets a De Brunye or Salah or someone like that. Reminds me of getting Davie Cooper in the 1986 World Cup album, or Ally in the Premier League album just after the 5-1 game.

Asked him the other day if he wanted me to bring out the World Cup album this trip and he asked if I’d being one each for half a dozen of his mates too :))

Remember there was a year where pretty much every packet for the Scottish book had a Hamish McAlpine in it. Couldnt swap them away because everybody had a bundle.

Think this is the last Panini World Cup book, they've lost the license
haha I remember having David Hopkin stuck to my bedroom door for some reason

I’m just going to do the mobile version this year.

I’m not working in the office anymore, so no one to swap with.

I don't think they are allowed these days, stickers and Pokemon cards banned etc, mental!
Yep they are at my son’s school. I wish Pokémon bloody cards didn’t exist to be honest. He doesn’t even play the game with them. Just collects them in a book and hardly looks at them.

Back