Paper Hankies 2 - 0 Clyde

Newco, tribute act, zombies, etc etc.

In all seriousness though, the level between junior league tiers and the SPFL is not that large any more. There is a case for proper league reconstruction and regionalisation of the professional game below the 2nd tier and the recent changes would seem to be a gateway to that happening.

The first 2 tiers have to be the full time professional clubs and below that everyone else.

Nearly as good as Talbot beating Hamilton

Fs just seen that! Cracking result.

A lot of the top 'junior' sides could easily compete in league 1 and 2. A lot of guys playing junior choose to do so as they get paid more and there's less travelling involved. In terms of standards they could easily cut it.

Made a balls of things on Saturday. Forgot the SC was on and went to Tinto Park for Bens v Cumnock. Should’ve went to Holm Park. Well done to the Bankies. I hope Darvel can make it a WOSFL hat trick tonight.

Made a balls of things on Saturday. Forgot the SC was on and went to Tinto Park for Bens v Cumnock. Should’ve went to Holm Park. Well done to the Bankies. I hope Darvel can make it a WOSFL hat trick tonight.
It was an all ticket sellout anyway so you did the right thing.

The Accies result was by far the biggest shock as dar as I 'm concerned. One of my East Fife pals was also in despair on Saturday night after their result against Banks O' Dee.

Newco, tribute act, zombies, etc etc.

In all seriousness though, the level between junior league tiers and the SPFL is not that large any more. There is a case for proper league reconstruction and regionalisation of the professional game below the 2nd tier and the recent changes would seem to be a gateway to that happening.

The first 2 tiers have to be the full time professional clubs and below that everyone else.
Yeah it needs looked at now. At the end of this season as it stands there's only 1 place in the Lowland League for the 3 league winners from the South, WOSFL and East of Scotland leagues. They should maybe get rid of the Lowland League altogether and put the teams from that into the leagues based on where they are in the country.

As for the Bankies it was another great result for them 2 good goals as well.

It was an all ticket sellout anyway so you did the right thing.
Cheers mate. Part of me thought that it would be ticketed and I know that Holm Park is tight with regard to standing room, but I also thought that casual tourists might’ve been accommodated on the day.

Seems like it was the right call after all to head to Craigton Rd. Though not for the football on offer it has to be said, spying trips on Cumnock aside.

Was it a good game?

Edit. I could’ve stood on the grass verge as usual!

Last edited:
If they increased pyramid access into both L2 and the LL, Scottish club football would have a very different make up a decade from now, and would be unrecognizable a decade after that.

Even with them keeping it something a closed shop, I expect you'll see Cove, Kelty, Edinburgh City all in the Championship soon enough, perhaps one of them even pushing for the SPL.

Wife(Clyde fan) was there, said Clydebank were right up for it, admitted it could have been more.

Danny Lennon, Clyde manager, and Graham Diamond, director of football, both on that scum podcast acsom, recently.
Just to talk about celtic. EH?

I used to go to Kilbowie if Rangers werent playing when I was a boy.

Id be lying if I said I had any clue about them nowadays, but as mentiod above the Junior teams are easily giving the professionals a game.

Cheers mate. Part of me thought that it would be ticketed and I know that Holm Park is tight with regard to standing room, but I also thought that casual tourists might’ve been accommodated on the day.

Seems like it was the right call after all to head to Craigton Rd. Though not for the football on offer it has to be said, spying trips on Cumnock aside.

Was it a good game?

Edit. I could’ve stood on the grass verge as usual!

I wasn't there myself only saw the highlights but I kinda follow Clydebank anyway.

If they increased pyramid access into both L2 and the LL, Scottish club football would have a very different make up a decade from now, and would be unrecognizable a decade after that.

Even with them keeping it something a closed shop, I expect you'll see Cove, Kelty, Edinburgh City all in the Championship soon enough, perhaps one of them even pushing for the SPL.
My money would be on Cove out of those. Will be good to see a 'granite city' derby and finally the ending of the sheeps fake claims of being in a one club city.

Back