Paper sinks to new low with shameful analysis of Rangers star

Maybe the guy thought it was a link going to the paper. Wonder if the OP would have done the same article had it been the DR

well in this case we should have been wiser and quicker off the mark and used the race card to our advantage with our player,
That's all very well, but if these people dont want to be seen as being on our side in anything then it wont make a difference.

Theres a lot of politics at play in this country and we are not part of that. We have a snotty middle class women politician who makes jokes about her son being a hun and it's all jolly fun.

Jesus christ, we've even got a tory spokesman making comments about the Billy boys being a vile sectarian song, yet radio silence from their behaviour.

Let's hang a blow up doll dressed as a priest and
another with a celtic jersey on from the top half of one of the stands the next time at Ibrox and this country would have reports to equal 9/11.

It’s really embarrassing Morelos has never been sent off for violent play,just look what Brown has gotten away his whole career in comparison will be sad to see him go as it would have been lovely for him to settle his scores on the pitch.Scottish football will not come out well with this especially if Alfie goes on to bigger and better things.

He has NEVER had a dirty tackle in his time at our club mate. Not one dirty tackle.

The SMSM are Scotland's shame.

He has NEVER had a dirty tackle in his time at our club mate. Not one dirty tackle.

The SMSM are Scotland's shame.
Even the sending off with a Brown the bastard kicked him on the heel then feigned an injury to his face when he had been shoved in the chest did he get vilified did he what he got plaudits for it ,why video evidence was not used tells it’s own story.

I have never ever witnessed one player getting the abhorrent treatment that Alfie gets.

If he wasn't wearing the Rangers blue there would be no issue.
Agree, contrast with the abuse meriting Di Cannio and Bellamy. Even these Grade A arseholes never got such treatment.

Even the sending off with a Brown the bastard kicked him on the heel then feigned an injury to his face when he had been shoved in the chest did he get vilified did he what he got plaudits for it ,why video evidence was not used tells it’s own story.

Exactly BA. And to make it worse, a few of them were congratulating Broon for being street
wise, rather than berating A CHEAT !

That Brown episode summed up so much about the limitations of accountability in Scottish football.
Generally though, retaliation on a football pitch needs to assessed on its particular merits and not viewed as a crime worse then murder.

If/when Alfie goes they will need a new target for their warped and hate filled agenda.

Kent would be my guess as to who they latch onto.

Sickening, embarrassing and backwards is the image a young Colombian will have of this country outwith Rangers fans.

That is incredibly sad in 2020.
That just about sums up the Scottish faux republic and the media scumbags who scribble shite with their crayons.

Morelos is booked and red carded for offences that other players don't. We see that discrimination on a weekly basis in Scotland. The Manager should conduct any concerns with Alfie in private and not in public. Not doing so has allowed the media to relentlessly go after the Colombian.
There’s a video on YouTube with all his cards ,it’s always hard to remember every single card ,but go and watch it ,you won’t know wether to laugh or cry

JP2fs8I.jpg

A priests user guide to altar boys.

Morelos is booked and red carded for offences that other players don't. We see that discrimination on a weekly basis in Scotland. The Manager should conduct any concerns with Alfie in private and not in public. Not doing so has allowed the media to relentlessly go after the Colombian.
Do you think they wouldn't have gone after him if it wasn't for SG's comments.I reckon they would have done so in any case.

I do agree with you that SG should be discussing his concerns with Alfie in private.

Yet more pathetic collum inches about Alfredo. F.uck those rhags. Its been a witch hunt since day 1.

Don’t get up tight, their pandering to the great unwashed, trying to get sales figures up. Whilst circulation is going down, down, down, and Why! because their pandering to them, they’ll be lucky if there’s a Scottish paper in five years, with a few Scottish editions coming from England.

Don’t get up tight, their pandering to the great unwashed, trying to get sales figures up. Whilst circulation is going down, down, down, and Why! because their pandering to them, they’ll be lucky if there’s a Scottish paper in five years, with a few Scottish editions coming from England.

Circulation is a largely meaningless number now - papers make more revenue through digital than print.

Rangers star Alfredo Morelos has been on the receiving end of some of the most laughable coverage by Scottish papers since Gerry McNee pathetically used to refer to Paul Gascoigne as “Number Eight” – and The Herald have sunk to a new low in a bid to put the boot into the Colombian.

In their ‘Five Things We Learned’ from Gers’ win over Aberdeen at the weekend, there is one section dedicated to El Bufalo and the author should be utterly embarrassed to have committed such garbage to print.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/paper-sinks-to-new-low-with-shameful-analysis-of-Rangers-star/
Spot on.

Unconscious bias. Journalist needs to go on a course.
Nothing unconscious about it...blatant racism on a young black player who doesn't speak English leading to mass demonstrations of hate from the animals who pollute the Scottish game.
Name any other black player in Gt Britain who has had a banner waved at him in his own language stating that his mother back home is a prostitute. Can't be done, its a first yet was treated as a joke by the Scum press

Back in the day when we had Gazza , my boss used to stay at the coach house on the way into his place in Kilbarchan.

My boss, who did not like football at all, had press parked outside his house and hin his driveway 24/7 for the three years he was here. He couldn't say anything in case he was branded as Gazza's mad neighbour!!

"He just can't help himself"

They consciously hate Alfie but unconsciously end up all using the exact same language when trying to pass off an original thought as their own.

Rangers star Alfredo Morelos has been on the receiving end of some of the most laughable coverage by Scottish papers since Gerry McNee pathetically used to refer to Paul Gascoigne as “Number Eight” – and The Herald have sunk to a new low in a bid to put the boot into the Colombian.

In their ‘Five Things We Learned’ from Gers’ win over Aberdeen at the weekend, there is one section dedicated to El Bufalo and the author should be utterly embarrassed to have committed such garbage to print.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/paper-sinks-to-new-low-with-shameful-analysis-of-Rangers-star/
Well written sir. Showed the herald up there.

Until the club/board drag these rags and their apologists through the courts.
Nothing will change sadly.

What else do you expect from this particular mentally challenged comic? The decision to alienate Rangers was taken a long time ago. This was a newspaper that was once a byword for journalistic integrity, however mentally challengeds were given positions of power way beyond their capabilities. The result? A once proud national newspaper becoming nothing more than a mentally challenged fanzine and struggling to match the circulation of a local free paper.

The journalist in the Herald who wrote this is the same one who wrote the story about the Linfield second strip. He also did not mention the company his brother works for did not get the contract for the strip. He obviously has an agenda against Rangers.

Liam Donnelly
Jamie Hamilton
Lewis Ferguson
Alan Power
Murray Davidson
Alex Gogic
Liam Fontaine
Lyndon Dykes
Jake Carroll
Sam Cosgrove

FFS, Alfie being classified with that bunch of thugs & he hasn't injured a player in his whole time in the country.

Doubt they seen McKenna spinning Balogun around onto the post

That's all very well, but if these people dont want to be seen as being on our side in anything then it wont make a difference.

Theres a lot of politics at play in this country and we are not part of that. We have a snotty middle class women politician who makes jokes about her son being a hun and it's all jolly fun.

Jesus christ, we've even got a tory spokesman making comments about the Billy boys being a vile sectarian song, yet radio silence from their behaviour.

Let's hang a blow up doll dressed as a priest and
another with a celtic jersey on from the top half of one of the stands the next time at Ibrox and this country would have reports to equal 9/11.
nothing you have said there i disagree with, but i still say our club has badly let down our player by not even being seen to call out the treatment our player has taken ,i could name you a dozen or more instances like the stuff you have posted above, but it still would not be addressing why our club have ,to my mind not done the correct thing by our player, what part of the abuse Alfie gets is racist, I couldn't say for sure,but in light of recent events its something our club should have been engaging proactively in,instead we left our player to almost daily ridicule and abuse,its simply not good enough

nothing you have said there i disagree with, but i still say our club has badly let down our player by not even being seen to call out the treatment our player has taken ,i could name you a dozen or more instances like the stuff you have posted above, but it still would not be addressing why our club have ,to my mind not done the correct thing by our player, what part of the abuse Alfie gets is racist, I couldn't say for sure,but in light of recent events its something our club should have been engaging proactively in,instead we left our player to almost daily ridicule and abuse,its simply not good enough
We're more or less in agreement. I just think no matter what the club do, it will always be twisted.

Your not wrong though. Maybe better just to throw caution to the wind and just call them out for being what they are. No matter how much the club try to hang out an olive branch it gets thrown back at the first opportunity.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I'm coming round to your way of thinking. If we're going to be hated, might as well get our moneys worth.

What did the same paper say about McKenna recklessly throwing Balogun to the ground and potentially causing him a serious injury?
I’m guessing nothing...

It’s really embarrassing Morelos has never been sent off for violent play,just look what Brown has gotten away his whole career in comparison will be sad to see him go as it would have been lovely for him to settle his scores on the pitch.Scottish football will not come out well with this especially if Alfie goes on to bigger and better things.

Alfie has been sent off more times than any player in Rangers' history (as far as Im aware), yet he's only been here a few years.

That is a disgrace and shows you what we are up against in this country.

He had no red cards before he arrived and Id guess he'll get none when he leaves.

racists and bigots have chased this amazing talent out of scottish football.
shameful stain on the country.

Back