Paphos

Maxi1872

Anybody ever been and would they recommend it? Thinking of booking up end of April start of may..

What's the best location to stay I wil have a pregnant misses with me so ideally a more central spot

Any input is appreciated

Anybody ever been and would they recommend it? Thinking of booking up end of April start of may..

What's the best location to stay I wil have a pregnant misses with me so ideally a more central spot

Any input is appreciated

Olympic Lagoon Resort.

Brilliant place pal, harbour is grand if your with the Mrs, couple of streets back you have bar st. Bit rundown these days but you can get a late one up there. Other than that, loads of bars all over, non specificly Rangers but hey ho.

Any input is appreciated
Paphos is a Great place, Kato Paphos is very flat and easy to walk about, there is also a very good bus service

Last edited:
Paphos Cyprus? Yes? Been there and liked it, but it was a while ago.

Spent longer than we expected. Missed the tour companies bus back to the airport, but heyho plenty of time and got a taxi. Except he took us to Larnaca airport instead of Paphos Airport!! By the time we got to Paphos the aircraft was lifting off on it's way back to the UK. It was a cheap last minute deal which ended up costing an effin fortune!!!!!

Love the place and got married there.
Paphos is a big place with several clusters of bars/restaurants. I’d recommend the Kato paphos area close to the harbour and tomb on the kings road where most bars/restaurants are.
Ive stayed in the Almyra, the Annabelle and The King Jason. There are loads of cracking hotels.
We’re booking an air bnb this year.

Go every year and have done for 30 years. Paphos is ideal if your Mrs is expecting as it’s largely flat for walking. Where to stay depends on whether you want self catering or hotel.

The climate should be just nice at that time of year, not too hot during the day.

Out of interest why do folk call it Pathos??! Even the locals don’t :D

Lots of options around pahpos harbour and along Poseidonos avenue and surrounding areas. There is also a great bus service which costs circa €1.50 per journey or €3 return. Staying in this area you can walk from hotel along the beach walkway to the harbour and back. Happy to recommend restaurants and places to drink/relax in the area as well.

Go every year and have done for 30 years. Paphos is ideal if your Mrs is expecting as it’s largely flat for walking. Where to stay depends on whether you want self catering or hotel.

The climate should be just nice at that time of year, not too hot during the day.

Out of interest why do folk call it Pathos??! Even the locals don’t :D
spell checker changes the spelling. The locals spell it Pafos

Excellent thanks for all the input kato seems a good shout then plenty nice Airbnb in and around that area aswell

Lots of options around pahpos harbour and along Poseidonos avenue and surrounding areas. There is also a great bus service which costs circa €1.50 per journey or €3 return. Staying in this area you can walk from hotel along the beach walkway to the harbour and back. Happy to recommend restaurants and places to drink/relax in the area as well.
That would be excellent if you get the chance thanks.

Only been once, booked up in anticipating us beating a team from Luxembourg but obviously I expected too much.

Never seen much except bears take over a karaoke bar for 3 nights.

Been a few times, always preferred the other side of the island, Ayia Napa, Protaras etc. But The area around Paphos is lovely. I'm back again in Oct for a family wedding.

Stayed at the kefalos beach village twice its a bit far from the harbour but very nice. Prefer protaras though.

I always stay in Kato Paphos. Alexander's Bar is a football bar and all Rangers games are shown there with a good amount of ex-pat bluenoses turning up.

Another who got married in Paphos, just last year.

We'll go back as well, really enjoyed it, don't think I had an average meal the full 11 nights we were there.

Had a nice meal in a very nice chinese restaurant called The Imperial on the table next to Barry Ferguson, Bob Malcom & their families.

Back