Park bar, Cessnock

only what ive heard. might be just the same as the Linthouse eaterie which seems to have a good rep.
has the good fortune to be next to the hospital so will get a more than reasonable turn from that i assume, ,on the paisley rd may be a bit harder to make a success of ,but time will tell i suppose

only spots i would usually go for a feed before games would be the harvester at the springfield quay or a wetherspoons in the city centre called crystal palace. last time i went wetherspoons was packed full of time for an early kickoff and me and my mates got a few dirty looks. made a hasty escape to KFC though as we were in a rush.

I used to work in the Park bar when Bill and Rose had it. They were definite Rangers fans, but the bar was mixed and mental at match days. I wasn’t too popular with some of the other staff as Bill would let me go to the game, as soon as it emptied. Very nice people were Bill and Rose. And Nessie was the manager and her man Alex worked as a waiter at Ibrox and used to bring me Rangers chocolate.

Chucked using it a few years back after using for years
Went in straight after the game and they had mtv or similar on and loud
Guys trying to check coupons wanted the scores
They refused to change the station or even turn it down so we left

Strangely had a similar incident in stumps and left there

Running out of bozzers

What happened in Stumps?

I’m informed it’s the same folk that Own the Amethyst bar in LInthouse that’s got it, though word is it’s not going to be the same style, more a burger and chips place, obviously to cater for fitbaw crowd.
All part of the gentryfication of PRW? Good on them I say

It's getting refurbed like a Wetherspoons type place iirc. Same mob that has just done the Old Oak in Rutherglen. Is it a belhaven place now?
Belhaven were bought over by Green King. The Belhaven moniker is nothing more than an interim measure now until all their places are fully rebranded.

you would have to question the potential in that area outwith match times,for a boozer looking to do a great deal of buisness on food,,but i assume who ever is taking it on, feels comfortable enough to be spending a lot of money on it ,and giving it a go,, good luck to who ever it is though, as the better the facilities around the Ibrox area ,the better it is for bears when we are at home

The busiest bar in the area is the Old Toll who do not look for the football £ at all and which according to FF would last 6 months at the very most. TBH the area is crying out for decent places that aren’t football bars. Guys that don’t live here might not get it but folk that live here really do want decent places to go.

Was our watering hole of choice in the 80s,Downstairs with mirrors on all the walls and there was always a great pre match sing song no problem .

The busiest bar in the area is the Old Toll who do not look for the football £ at all and which according to FF would last 6 months at the very most. TBH the area is crying out for decent places that aren’t football bars. Guys that don’t live here might not get it but folk that live here really do want decent places to go.

Old toll is perfect position for outwith match days, me and a couple of mates actually looked at buying it before the current owner bought it but circumstances changed.

Park is not in the right place for bar/restaraunt outwith matchdays IMO.

The further down PRW you go the less chance of the natives wanting an alcoholic drink or some Pork Roast, the clientele is just not there.

I wish them all the best as I wouldn’t want them to fail as don’t know them, I just cannot see it working at all.

Speaking of odd bars in the area;

The one across from the Italian at the bottom of the road?

Candles on the tables, no real lighting. Felt like a gothic hang out.

We were in the park bar on the 29th before the game. Staff told us it was closing end of January and will open back up as a bar that does food etc.
Lucky you got in mate, we got turned away by a ' doorman ' who told us it was too busy !!! It didnt look full at all..

We ended up in there earlier on this season, the lager was dynamite..West i think it was called

wouldnt dispute that at all, but the point i was making was that i would be surprised if that particular part of the pr would prove to be a location that would sustain this venture,, we will find out soon enough if this is indeed the case,and as i said i wish it all the success in the world,,i do agree having the old toll makes for something different down there,,thats why i go in there now and then for a change,,although mostly i would be in the grapes or district

Which is why the bar in the Village Hotel is so popular, even with folk who stay in KP/Plantation.

Much prefer the teuchter one on Argyle Street

In the seventies I used to flit between that one and The Snaffle Bit as I dated a burd from the Hebrides (no pics)

I wouldn't go near it now it's full of poets and natsies.They do a nice steak pie though.:D

Is The Doctors still there, can mind when I was a wean getting left outside it with a bottle of coke and a packet of crisps, always thought there was something wrong with my old man that he needed to go to the doctors every fortnight :D:D

Is The Doctors still there, can mind when I was a wean getting left outside it with a bottle of coke and a packet of crisps, always thought there was something wrong with my old man that he needed to go to the doctors every fortnight :D:D
Yes it’s still there, but it’s called the Bellrock now

The Jester.. that's a blast from the past.. o_O
I was in the Jester in 1972 we got a " lock-in "& it was the night we qualified for the ECWC final ,the Tim's were playing Inter Milan that night, it goes to extra time then penalties.
Dixie blasts his over the bar Yahoo party time

I mind meeting you in there a couple of times when it had just opened and it wasn't too busy on a Friday or Saturday night.

I've moved out of Kinning Park now but last time I passed on a weekend night the Old Toll was jumping - although I had a bit of a falling out with them for closing mega early after a Scum game - then claiming they were actually open when I complained!

Last time i was in The Kensington which was a good while back on a friday night ,it was full of rhabid mentally challengeds.Ended up leaving as the Mrs felt uncomfortable being around these plebs.

Our work did the sub crawl a couple of years ago. Park Bar was the Ibrox stop and they had channel 67 on showing their game. Never been in it since then

I hate being in pub when a subcrawl rolls in. Loud, annoying student types.

Im going to start carrying a bottle of acid with a spray nozzle for such eventualities.

wouldnt dispute that at all, but the point i was making was that i would be surprised if that particular part of the pr would prove to be a location that would sustain this venture,, we will find out soon enough if this is indeed the case,and as i said i wish it all the success in the world,,i do agree having the old toll makes for something different down there,,thats why i go in there now and then for a change,,although mostly i would be in the grapes or district

It’s mostly the Grapes and the Old Toll for me, the Old Toll however has the best pint in the area that West is smashing. Wish Smiddy would get it in.

Last time i was in The Kensington which was a good while back on a friday night ,it was full of rhabid mentally challengeds.Ended up leaving as the Mrs felt uncomfortable being around these plebs.
That sounds really unusual that. Must have been a one off mate. Not much sign of rhabids when I'm in the Kensington, one or two maybe and they don't make much noise.

It’s mostly the Grapes and the Old Toll for me, the Old Toll however has the best pint in the area that West is smashing. Wish Smiddy would get it in.

Have you asked him or Sharon mate?

I know Sharon got Corona and Grey Goose in for a few of our lot when they asked her.

Back