Park bar, Cessnock

Kathmandu

Apparently this watering hole, which some mistakenly claim as a republican den, is closing down in Feb. New owners are going to gut the place. I have heard that they will be doing food and will be opening up the downstairs again.
Hopefully it is a bear that is taking it on.

Apparently this watering hole, which some mistakenly claim as a republican den, is closing down in Feb. New owners are going to gut the place. I have heard that they will be doing food and will be opening up the downstairs again.
I was under the impression that the Park and the Kensington were both slophouses, is that not the case?

I was under the impression that the Park and the Kensington were both slophouses, is that not the case?
Not in my experience. Both were just Glasgow pubs - neither Rangers nor Celtic.

Both were ok until the noughties when they went a bit downhill due to local clientele imo.

We were in the park bar on the 29th before the game. Staff told us it was closing end of January and will open back up as a bar that does food etc.

The only problem in the Kensington is the sour faced boot that seems to be the bar manager. She's a Hibs supporter and fucking hates us, always in a c*nt of a mood when we've won and nice as pie when we haven't. After the game on the 29th the Sky programme was still on when we got there and because one - literally one guy - tried and failed to get a few songs going she turned it over to some sort of God channel. Not sure if I'll go back in to be honest, might just keep walking to the Grapes/District.

The only problem in the Kensington is the sour faced boot that seems to be the bar manager. She's a Hibs supporter and fucking hates us, always in a c*nt of a mood when we've won and nice as pie when we haven't. After the game on the 29th the Sky programme was still on when we got there and because one - literally one guy - tried and failed to get a few songs going she turned it over to some sort of God channel. Not sure if I'll go back in to be honest, might just keep walking to the Grapes/District.

Think her name is Zara, and you are correct she is a sour faced boot her man drinks in the Bellrock

Reactions: TN8
you would have to question the potential in that area outwith match times,for a boozer looking to do a great deal of buisness on food,,but i assume who ever is taking it on, feels comfortable enough to be spending a lot of money on it ,and giving it a go,, good luck to who ever it is though, as the better the facilities around the Ibrox area ,the better it is for bears when we are at home

Chucked using it a few years back after using for years
Went in straight after the game and they had mtv or similar on and loud
Guys trying to check coupons wanted the scores
They refused to change the station or even turn it down so we left

Strangely had a similar incident in stumps and left there

Running out of bozzers

It's getting refurbed like a Wetherspoons type place iirc. Same mob that has just done the Old Oak in Rutherglen. Is it a belhaven place now?

Chucked using it a few years back after using for years
Went in straight after the game and they had mtv or similar on and loud
Guys trying to check coupons wanted the scores
They refused to change the station or even turn it down so we left

Strangely had a similar incident in stumps and left there

Running out of bozzers
Used to be run by a blue nose years ago.
He was a season ticket holder.

Used to do the kensington when doing the subcrawl,it was the one pub we didn't like,always got the feeling they didn't want you there,now i know why!.Thing is being where it is i assumed it was a gers pub,so was a wee bit disappointed with the reception we got.Makes sense now.Won't be back.

In my experience the Park Bar is a Gers pub only on match days and all other times seems to be frequented by a collection of half-wits.

The Kensington is a good, blue nose shop, I would say 97% of the people in there are Rangers fans and the other 3% work behind the bar.

Our work did the sub crawl a couple of years ago. Park Bar was the Ibrox stop and they had channel 67 on showing their game. Never been in it since then

Does she have red hair... I watched the game in there.. she kept telling a lad to stop swearing

The only way this will work as a restaraunt BTW, with where it is, is if it is a halal restaurant not serving alcohol.
I’m informed it’s the same folk that Own the Amethyst bar in LInthouse that’s got it, though word is it’s not going to be the same style, more a burger and chips place, obviously to cater for fitbaw crowd.

I’m informed it’s the same folk that Own the Amethyst bar in LInthouse that’s got it, though word is it’s not going to be the same style, more a burger and chips place, obviously to cater for fitbaw crowd.

If they are banking on that it will last 6 months.

Wrong place, wrong clientele outwith the odd weekend in the month.

If they are banking on that it will last 6 months.

Wrong place, wrong clientele outwith the odd weekend in the month.
only what ive heard. might be just the same as the Linthouse eaterie which seems to have a good rep.

Back