Parking at Easter Road

ForzaMorelos

Official Ticketer
Never taken the car to Easter Road, always went on supporters bus but having to go straight from work. Where's the best place for parking??

With the tram works on Leith walk this meant that cars that used to park there are now using Iona Street and Albert Street, generally most of the side streets between Leith Walk and Easter Road. Pillrig Street is closed at Leith Walk. You can park there but need to access from Bonnington and spaces are limited again due to the tram works.

Meadowbank shopping centre? Worth parking in for our end won't be able to leave Motherwell till about 5.30 going well. So probably won't get there till 7 if traffic isnt bad.

Anyone know what would be the best way at that time going round the bypass or though town?

Meadowbank shopping centre? Worth parking in for our end won't be able to leave Motherwell till about 5.30 going well. So probably won't get there till 7 if traffic isnt bad.

Anyone know what would be the best way at that time going round the bypass or though town?
Bypass is a lottery at that time. Sometimes maybe good sometimes maybe shit. Other way would be round Gogar, Maybury and along towards Crewe Toll towards Bonnington.

It's really a choice between getting your left bollock pulled or your right.

Yes around the Meadowbank shopping centre would be best bet for parking. The area around there is called marionville and there should be plenty parking spaces. As for coming from West at rush hour my best advice would be come along Calder road(a71) and take the West approach to lothian Road, then turn right up lothian Road and then left onto bread Street and follow that straight through Grassmarket and cowgate to Holywood Park. Go through the park to Meadowbank sports centre. From there the shopping centre/marionville are at the back of sports centre.

Never taken the car to Easter Road, always went on supporters bus but having to go straight from work. Where's the best place for parking??
Use Google Maps and find Milton Street. It’s 15 minutes walk from the stadium and you should get parked no problem and with no hassle. Will also be fine for getting out after the game.

I used to live there.

I used to park on Kirkwood Place which is parallel with , and 5 metres below , the A1 , directly opposite the Meadowbank Centre. Or Abbey Lane if there was a spot.

Also called Lower London Road. See post above.

I used to park on Kirkwood Place which is parallel with , and 5 metres below , the A1 , directly opposite the Meadowbank Centre. Or Abbey Lane if there was a spot.

Also called Lower London Road. See post above.
Think that’s were we are aiming for - or just in the shopping car park. Am I right that you can now go round the back of the supermarket to get to the away end rather than having to go via Easter road and that narrow bridge?

Still not sure best way to head through from Glasgow, probably nearer 5 by time we’re able to leave which isn’t ideal

Still not sure best way to head through from Glasgow, probably nearer 5 by time we’re able to leave which isn’t ideal

Stuffed anytime but I would

(1) Follow the M8 straight through to Hermiston Gait.
(2) Use 2nd left lane marked Shopping Centre. Turn right from there and then slip left onto the exit up to Calder Rd roundabout.
(3) Turn left and go through 2 roundabouts. On the 3rd turn right into Longstone Road.
(4) Follow that down to the end and then left on to Lanark Road.
(5) First right onto Craiglockhart Avenue and right up the hill until the lights.
(6) Left onto Colinton Road. Follow that all the way until you come to Holy Corner. Tesco Express on your left. Straight through (slightly off to your left) until forced to turn right then left onto Strathearn Road. Follow that , it changes its name a couple of times until you get to Clerk Street at a set of lights. The road straight ahead , Salisbury Road is one way coming towards you so you turn left , then right at the lights then right at lights again and immediately left just before the Commie Pool. You are heading for Queen's Park.
(7) Then left at 1st and 2nd roundabout. Both are in the park. Straight through the 3rd one.
(8) Then you can either turn left at the (4th) roundabout at the Parliament and straight through the next roundabout with Holyrood on your right. Turn right under the railway onto Abbeyhill and Abbey Lane is on your left.
OR
(9) go straight through the Parliament roundabout and down to the end of the park. Turn left at mini roundabout and down Spring Gardens. Abbey Lane is on your right.

Stuffed anytime but I would

(1) Follow the M8 straight through to Hermiston Gait.
(2) Use 2nd left lane marked Shopping Centre. Turn right from there and then slip left onto the exit up to Calder Rd roundabout.
(3) Turn left and go through 2 roundabouts. On the 3rd turn right into Longstone Road.
(4) Follow that down to the end and then left on to Lanark Road.
(5) First right onto Craiglockhart Avenue and right up the hill until the lights.
(6) Left onto Colinton Road. Follow that all the way until you come to Holy Corner. Tesco Express on your left. Straight through (slightly off to your left) until forced to turn right then left onto Strathearn Road. Follow that , it changes its name a couple of times until you get to Clerk Street at a set of lights. The road straight ahead , Salisbury Road is one way coming towards you so you turn left , then right at the lights then right at lights again and immediately left just before the Commie Pool. You are heading for Queen's Park.
(7) Then left at 1st and 2nd roundabout. Both are in the park. Straight through the 3rd one.
(8) Then you can either turn left at the (4th) roundabout at the Parliament and straight through the next roundabout with Holyrood on your right. Turn right under the railway onto Abbeyhill and Abbey Lane is on your left.
OR
(9) go straight through the Parliament roundabout and down to the end of the park. Turn left at mini roundabout and down Spring Gardens. Abbey Lane is on your right.
Thanks mate, will see if I can plot it out on google maps - buggered if I can remember all that lol

Yes around the Meadowbank shopping centre would be best bet for parking. The area around there is called marionville and there should be plenty parking spaces. As for coming from West at rush hour my best advice would be come along Calder road(a71) and take the West approach to lothian Road, then turn right up lothian Road and then left onto bread Street and follow that straight through Grassmarket and cowgate to Holywood Park. Go through the park to Meadowbank sports centre. From there the shopping centre/marionville are at the back of sports centre.
I drove part of that route on Saturday and it wasn't great due to roadworks on Earl Grey Street meaning a backup before I could turn left on to bread Street. Then the cowgate was a fkn nightmare - one side of the road was closed after 3 sisters and couldn't get moving. Gave up and came off one of the side streets but seemed like roadworks again.

As stated above meadowbank retail park is alright, that's normally where we park.

I drove part of that route on Saturday and it wasn't great due to roadworks on Earl Grey Street meaning a backup before I could turn left on to bread Street. Then the cowgate was a fkn nightmare - one side of the road was closed after 3 sisters and couldn't get moving. Gave up and came off one of the side streets but seemed like roadworks again.
That was because of a parade of some sort during Saturday. They had closed home street at top of Lothian road/Tollcross and also alot of the surrounding streets. It should be ok on Wednesday.

We usually park on Brunswick road, 5-10 mins walk from Stadium
Just bare in mind you won’t be able to get there from leith walk due to tram works. Would have to go down Easter road itself and turn in.

I live in leith, it’s a bastard getting in and out just now due to tram works so just bare in mind for timings.

If I was coming from out of town I’d be tempted to park a bit further out and have a long walk or bud ride in, everything gets funnelled in the same direction due to the works and can take an age to leave when a game is on.

I’m thinking of chancing my luck and heading to near the busses looking for a ticket. If I don’t get one will just leg it home!

Just bare in mind you won’t be able to get there from leith walk due to tram works. Would have to go down Easter road itself and turn in.

I live in leith, it’s a bastard getting in and out just now due to tram works so just bare in mind for timings.

If I was coming from out of town I’d be tempted to park a bit further out and have a long walk or bud ride in, everything gets funnelled in the same direction due to the works and can take an age to leave when a game is on.

I’m thinking of chancing my luck and heading to near the busses looking for a ticket. If I don’t get one will just leg it home!
I was possibly going to do the same. Agree leith is a nightmare just now

Free parking at Allanfield and Dicksonfield, just off Brunswick Road (which is just off Easter Road)

Back