Parking at Ibrox

weegeordie

HI Troops,

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Im taking the good lady to the game tomorrow and was looking for good places to park (nearyby if poss) as the wifes not to good on her feet due to her disability.

Was going to park at the Shields Rd park and ride and get the subway from there. Has anyone parked here before is it ok? Was contemplating parking at the ASDA but have heard horror stories of waiting agaes to get oot!

Thanks

Geordie

Albion will be £10 on entry if you get there early enough.

Was cutting it fine the other night and didn’t want to risk getting a knockback at the Albion so dumped the car in ASDA. Didn’t get out the car park until 22:50. Was horrendous. No doubt “parking charge” coming my way.

I use the Shields Road Park and Ride when I’m at mid week games. Just two stops on the subway, and secure car parking. Costs about a fiver to park the car.

Unless for medical reasons, it’s mental parking there.

I don’t leave until FT and I’m in my house (EK) within 30/35 mins of the whistle, every home game.

Fuuck sitting for 40 mins before you hit a motorway. That’s another half of football. Madness.
Its never consistent. I always stay to the end and some nights I drive near enough straight out. Other times they seem to lock you in for no apparent reason.

The Malmo game they kept everybody in while the away team coaches circled Ibrox and got away. Madness.

Its never consistent. I always stay to the end and some nights I drive near enough straight out. Other times they seem to lock you in for no apparent reason.

The Malmo game they kept everybody in while the away team coaches circled Ibrox and got away. Madness.
In 10+ years of parking where I do, it’s never taken me longer than 30/40 mins.

I’m guessing you mean Albion car park isn’t consistent? That’s why I wouldn’t park there.

Understandable, if it’s medical reasons - like struggle with walking etc.

In 10+ years of parking where I do, it’s never taken me longer than 30/40.

I’m guessing you mean Albion car park isn’t consistent? That’s why I wouldn’t park there.

In the Albion?

I’ve been an hour (after an Aberdeen game a couple of years ago) and then the Malmo game was particularly bad. Seemed worse because the time of night but it was about 50 minutes.

If traffic is flowing its fine. But on those two particular occasions they seemed to stop people from exiting. The Aberdeen game they allowed all the away supporters buses to get away before letting people out.

In the Albion?

I’ve been an hour (after an Aberdeen game a couple of years ago) and then the Malmo game was particularly bad. Seemed worse because the time of night but it was about 50 minutes.

If traffic is flowing its fine. But on those two particular occasions they seemed to stop people from exiting. The Aberdeen game they allowed all the away supporters buses to get away before letting people out.
No, I’ve never parked there before. That’s what I’m saying, I couldn’t park there not knowing if I’d be 30 mins or 60 mins to get home.

Unless it’s for medical reasons, I’d advise folk against parking there.

In saying all of that, I need to be parked in my spot 60/90 mins before KO. Only if I do this, do I get my space and get home within 30 mins.

But it’s easier to mess about before the game and waste time, than sit in traffic at FT.

HI Troops,

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Im taking the good lady to the game tomorrow and was looking for good places to park (nearyby if poss) as the wifes not to good on her feet due to her disability.

Was going to park at the Shields Rd park and ride and get the subway from there. Has anyone parked here before is it ok? Was contemplating parking at the ASDA but have heard horror stories of waiting agaes to get oot!

Thanks

Geordie
Shields road park and ride is fine. I’ve also used west street - can park there for free.

No, I’ve never parked there before. That’s what I’m saying, I couldn’t park there not knowing if I’d be 30 mins or 60 mins to get home.

Unless it’s for medical reasons, I’d advise folk against parking there.

In saying all of that, I need to be parked in my spot 60/90 mins before KO. Only if I do this, do I get my space and get home within 30 mins.

But it’s easier to mess about before the game and waste time, than sit in traffic at FT.
Ah sorry mate. I didnt realise you had just posted above me about that. I’m a couple of beers deep B-)

I use the Albion every game, however we record the heart and hand car pod in there and traffic has usually died down by the time we finish it so the wait isn't really a thing for us.

Albion will be £10 on entry if you get there early enough.

Was cutting it fine the other night and didn’t want to risk getting a knockback at the Albion so dumped the car in ASDA. Didn’t get out the car park until 22:50. Was horrendous. No doubt “parking charge” coming my way.
I work nearby and on shifts, have noticed a lot of Police Scotland staff parking opposite B&M stores in the ASDA car park, no penalties being issued it would seem, the only thing with ASDA is the getting out after the match, which is painful. Stick to Edmiston Drive or Craigton Rd, if you get there early enough, in my humble opinion...

In 10+ years of parking where I do, it’s never taken me longer than 30/40 mins.

You must be like Usain Bolt getting out bang on FT, racing to your secret car park spot and still making it to EK in 30 mins, fair play.

In saying that I remember for Bayern in 99 I got picked up in Chapelton at 7.15 and somehow still made it running up the stairs of the CR when the CL music was playing.

Still astounds me to this day how that was possible.

Back