Parks of Hamilton Hebrides Tour

CowBoy1872

So after we won 55 I have an old cattle dairy shed right next to the road and a few months back I sprayed 55 on the wall with orange sheep spray (yeah, yeah... let the jokes begin). I was out mowing silage yesterday when a small Parks tour bus went past (very rare over here) and a few moments later I noticed they had stopped outside the shed. When I turned and came back up and got closer I could see some of the folk including the driver out taking photos of them next to the 55! About an half an hour later (small island.) when they went back they were tooting the horn and some people waving and fist pumping through the windows! It gave me a good laugh but I know maybe a waste of a thread here but thought I'd share it! Bears on tour!

Last edited:
I think that's the second or third Parks bus I've seen out here in 38 years... I'll maybe not hold too much stock!

I've got a wee tourist glamping pod and there was a Celtic fan staying in it a few weeks ago. I was talking to them as they arrived and he said ''I see the speed limit is 55 here'' so I told not to worry, next year the council are upping the limit to 56!

@ibroxbound

So after we won 55 I have an old cattle dairy shed right next to the road and a few months back I sprayed a giant 55 on the wall with orange sheep spray (yeah, yeah... let the jokes begin). I was out mowing silage yesterday when a small Parks tour bus went past (very rare over here) and a few moments later I noticed they had stopped outside the shed. When I turned and came back up and got closer I could see some of the folk including the driver out taking photos of them next to the 55! About an half an hour later (small island.) when they went back they were tooting the horn and some people waving and fist pumping through the windows! It gave me a good laugh but I know maybe a waste of a thread here but thought I'd share it! Bears on tour!

Where do you live mate? I was recently on the island of Coll and someone had sprayed 55 on part of their farm. I can't see that being you though as nae danger a parks bus would get round the island :D

So after we won 55 I have an old cattle dairy shed right next to the road and a few months back I sprayed a giant 55 on the wall with orange sheep spray (yeah, yeah... let the jokes begin). I was out mowing silage yesterday when a small Parks tour bus went past (very rare over here) and a few moments later I noticed they had stopped outside the shed. When I turned and came back up and got closer I could see some of the folk including the driver out taking photos of them next to the 55! About an half an hour later (small island.) when they went back they were tooting the horn and some people waving and fist pumping through the windows! It gave me a good laugh but I know maybe a waste of a thread here but thought I'd share it! Bears on tour!
Made my morning mate

Username checks out

I think that's the second or third Parks bus I've seen out here in 38 years... I'll maybe not hold too much stock!

I've got a wee tourist glamping pod and there was a Celtic fan staying in it a few weeks ago. I was talking to them as they arrived and he said ''I see the speed limit is 55 here'' so I told not to worry, next year the council are upping the limit to 56!

@ibroxbound
brilliant cool as fcukB-D

So after we won 55 I have an old cattle dairy shed right next to the road and a few months back I sprayed 55 on the wall with orange sheep spray (yeah, yeah... let the jokes begin). I was out mowing silage yesterday when a small Parks tour bus went past (very rare over here) and a few moments later I noticed they had stopped outside the shed. When I turned and came back up and got closer I could see some of the folk including the driver out taking photos of them next to the 55! About an half an hour later (small island.) when they went back they were tooting the horn and some people waving and fist pumping through the windows! It gave me a good laugh but I know maybe a waste of a thread here but thought I'd share it! Bears on tour!
Good story mate and educational,I've heard of mowing and I've heard of silage but never mowing silage,had to Google that:)

@ibroxbound

Do you get good dark skies in the winter months?

Brilliant, I will need to do another island hopper trip in the m/home and see if I can find it ;-)

In Lewis there are multiple signs of Rangers everywhere you go, from locals wearing the colours, to random scarecrows with Rangers scarves, to a doll in Rangers regalia at the side of the road, to the largest RSC in the World.

Enjoyed my trip last summer to Lewis & Harris, would have been much better if I could have got into the supporters Club, but due to Covid it was members only.

I was up in the western isles in May and the first thing I saw as I got off the ferry in lochmaddy was a 55 Union flag on someone’s gate. Ended up seeing several Rangers flags all over uist. The Mrs didn’t understand why I was so happy everytime I saw one B-D

In Lewis there are multiple signs of Rangers everywhere you go, from locals wearing the colours, to random scarecrows with Rangers scarves, to a doll in Rangers regalia at the side of the road, to the largest RSC in the World.

Enjoyed my trip last summer to Lewis & Harris, would have been much better if I could have got into the supporters Club, but due to Covid it was members only.
Spent a few days on lewis 10 years ago.
Poster on here sorted us with digs.
Bachbear, if he still has the same username.

Great wee story and the replies.
Hope that those who were flying/displaying our success in the different places up there are the non supporting SNP people.

I have a knack of knowing but I can tell that you sir, are a wonderful guy

I was up in the western isles in May and the first thing I saw as I got off the ferry in lochmaddy was a 55 Union flag on someone’s gate. Ended up seeing several Rangers flags all over uist. The Mrs didn’t understand why I was so happy everytime I saw one B-D

The bar of the Lochmaddy Hotel had Rangers stuff on the walls when I was last in about 5 years ago.

Brilliant :)

Back