Match Thread ** Partick Thistle v Rangers - Betfred Cup QF - BT Sports **

The extra 30 mins had given Herrera a bit of game time and mcrorie looked very composed.

We are still getting 24hr more time off than the tims anyway.

We didn't play well enough in the 90 but we missed two golden chances that would have made it more comfortable.

John was excellent until he went off. McCrorie excellent when he came on. Alnwick a good shout for Saturday. Herrera made the difference when he came on. Pena sublime header. Too many tough decisions to be made before Saturday, hopefully the right ones will be made.

Well done Pedro and the Bears.

In a crazy kind of way, that extra 30 mins could do us the world of good. If we had scrambled to a 1-0 after playing poorly 2nd half, we would be going into Saturday with low confidence. Now we have shown we are capable of being clinical. Great fight and desire which will be required against the scum.
Hopefully the injury problems will ease and we get right in about it for the full 90 minutes.

Well done Rangers especially in extra-time.
Was bit concerned when they scored and we looked tired.
That e-t performance will give the team a big lift as we prepare for Saturday.
Pleased for Pedro tonight.

NO SURRENDER ;)

Glad we turned that around in Extra Time but there's no point in denying it's papering over the cracks. That would have been another silly two points dropped if it was a league game and we cannot keep playing like that.

Anwick, Jack, Peña and Hererra all played really well. The rest weren't great.

Edit: Include Declan John in with those who played well. He made some really good runs.

If candieas buries his open goal and Morelos took it round the keeper on his one v one and it's a much more comfortable game.

I'm taking a lot of heart in comfort in overcoming adversity tonight. It's the first time we've really done that this season and Pedro deserves credit for that.

Been busy at home, so drifting in and out of the game and the board, so apologies for asking this probably already answered question...

Are teams allowed a 4th sub in extra time or what's the rule? Is it a new thing?

Looked re-energized during extra time, took our goals well.

The defence however gives me no confidence for saturday.

That'll do me. 1 0 after 90 would have been better but so be it.
Onwards and upwards.
Some interesting subs, and some outstanding subs at that.
That'll confuse the tims!
Bring on Saturday......suspect there may be a googly or two bowled...:rolleyes:

Credit where credit is due. Was not convinced we could do it but we lifted ourselves and that is very encouraging.
Goalkeeper had a good game, McCrorrie looks promising, Cardoso sorted himself out after a poor first half and Morolas ran himself ragged

Been busy at home, so drifting in and out of the game and the board, so apologies for asking this probably already answered question...

Are teams allowed a 4th sub in extra time or what's the rule? Is it a new thing?

Yeah a 4th can come on in extra time and yes I believe it's new for this season.

Excellent in extra time. Thought we were done at full time. Pena scored an excellent header but apart from that thought he was poor, not sure what others were seeing. Mccrorie was excellent when he came on as was Herrera. Alnwik and John both had really good games.

No, we just did it for shits and giggles and the referee didn't notice.......

Yes we were allowed it (otherwise we wouldn't have done it) and yes, it is a new thing for this competition. Excuse the sarcasm but you kinda answered your own question there :D

McCrorie, John, Anwick, Candeias, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso (2nd halfonwards)... positives.

Windass can't start on Saturday, neither can Hodson. Miller shouldn't be a guaranteed starter either.

Hopefully Alves and John okay?

Difficult to summarise the game , so many bad things and some decent moments, fell out of the game allowed Thistle to control the last 20 mins of the 90 mins with the result they score, really needed the midfield to get hold of the ball and keep it better. Now the players young John had a great game hope he is ready for Saturday, big Alves had a poor game and again may not make the game on Saturday , funny enough with him going off the young Portuguese center back played much better and young McCrorrie was excellent in the air and strong in the tackle. I still think we need to go 3-5-2 against that mhob on Saturday , John & Tav as wing backs , Dorrans,Jack, with Pena playing in front of them with the big Mexican and Moreles up top. At the moment I still think that Pedro hasn't found the right mix for our team.

Pedro said in the pre match interview he liked to take gambles. I wasn't convinced when I saw some of his gambles tonight. Delighted to be proved wrong!

Yeah a 4th can come on in extra time and yes I believe it's new for this season.

Cheers Fuzzy!

No, we just did it for shits and giggles and the referee didn't notice.......

Yes we were allowed it (otherwise we wouldn't have done it) and yes, it is a new thing for this competition. Excuse the sarcasm but you kinda answered your own question there :D

I knew it wasn't a mistake but didn't know the rule myself.

Ya piss taking cunto. :)

McCrorie, John, Anwick, Candeias, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso (2nd halfonwards)... positives.

Windass can't start on Saturday, neither can Hodson. Miller shouldn't be a guaranteed starter either.

Hopefully Alves and John okay?
I know people usually say this as an exaggeration but I genuinely thought Windass had gone off.

Totally anonymous.

id go dorrans left with pena herrera amd morelos

morelos has been coming deep past few games

Last edited:
Back