Match Thread ** Partick v Rangers - 19:45 Tue 6th Feb - RangersTV.tv **

A workmanlike victory. Goal and an assist for Windass, good second half from Bates and Holt MOTM on the radio. Who needs scapegoats, eh?

Oh, and having stated several times I didn't think Cummings would be any good for us, I have to say I thought he played really well in his time on the pitch.

Didn’t see much of the game tonight, was Cummings holding the ball up and linking the play or was it more his work rate that impressed?

Didn’t see much of the game tonight, was Cummings holding the ball up and linking the play or was it more his work rate that impressed?

A bit of both, hold-up and link-up was really good, probably a lot better than people expected.

Almost zero threat to the goal though through a mixture of bad luck and being busy bringing others into play.

Good result and response in the 2nd half. Murty need to rid his blind spot of windass you can’t have a man down in that position he’s an absolute zoomer for that reaction and at the end.

Bates motm, for 21 he took on responsibility at the back and ragdolled salmon and anything that came near him.

Tav is a real pleasure to watch

Aye just a goal and an assist from Windass tonight. Sack him.

Geez peace.

Good 3 points tonight. Halliday did well in the second half, Holt was everywhere. Bates looked better as the game went on too.

I still would prefer Cummings and Morelos.up top. Surely against Ayr we will play two.

He held the ball up much better than I expected mate and his part in the first goal was crucial. Pulled the ball in, turned and played a lovely ball down the wing to Candeias to play across for Windass. A well-worked goal.

So are we all ready to admit yet that Murty got the starting line-up right?

It was turgid, predictable and poor in the first half, he didn’t change it and things brightened up 2nd.

3 points and job done is the best we can say. At times Thistle were playing the ball about better. That’s worrying

I actually think Windass will become a very important player for us possibly next season.

Im seriously disappointed with Murphy so far really hope we dont have to pay to get him signed full time.

In my opinion that both players linking up is our biggest threat. On song like when we visited the vermin they're a potent combination.

No argument, they are a fantastisk partnership. Potential is absolutely no massive there.

I hope that Murphy can gel with Joh. also, DJ has the attacking ability. We just need Murphy to click with him, as that will make us really aggressive going forward.

For being isolated he worked his arse off and done as well as he could have without support.

It was Cummings who started the move for the goal by dropping deep

I used to have a bagatelle board as a kid. Loved playing it.

You modern young things would be more familiar with a pinball machine as being similar to bagatelle.

I think Tom must mean the ball is bouncing around like a pinball ball. That sort of thing in olde world speak :D
Brilliant description, had one myself as a kid, pinball wizard.

A bit of both, hold-up and link-up was really good, probably a lot better than people expected.

Almost zero threat to the goal though through a mixture of bad luck and being busy bringing others into play.

He held the ball up much better than I expected mate and his part in the first goal was crucial. Pulled the ball in, turned and played a lovely ball down the wing to Candeias to play across for Windass. A well-worked goal.
Good to hear, wasn’t sure if he had that side of things to his game but he will need it if we are playing 1 up front

I’m not convinced Tom has this one quite right.

• mass noun

A game in which small balls are hit and then allowed to roll down a sloping board on which there are holes, each numbered with the score achieved if a ball goes into it, with pins acting as obstructions.

• 2A thing regarded as too unimportant or easy to be worth much consideration.

‘dealing with these boats was a mere bagatelle for the world's oldest yacht club’

• 3A short, light piece of music, especially one for the piano.
Lets face it. He didn’t want to go full montford and say stramash.

Good to hear, wasn’t sure if he had that side of things to his game but he will need it if we are playing 1 up front

I will be honest and say I didn't expect much from Cummings in his time with us. He - pleasantly - surprised me tonight. He would, nevertheless, probably be even better with Morelos alongside him. Not sure if Murty will go for that though.

Really f*cking hate match threads. Are we the only support who rage so much about team selections rather than just wait and see how games pan out? And by that I don't mean give it the first 10-15 minutes before deciding everyone's useless and the manager needs to go.

Checked in a couple of times and eventually ended up just watching the wee bet 365 action screen thing.

A more assured 2nd half.No a vintage performance but a win and a clean sheet away from home is good.

For as long as I remember, Rangers teams have gone to away grounds, not played all that well, but found a way to win. That's what teams do who have any ambitions to challenge over a season as nobody plays well every week.

3 points, 2 goals, clean sheet, job done.

2 cracking goals tonight

Not brilliant first half but we got the job done in the end it’s 3 points that we needed big time.

Hope we can keep winning.

First 10 mins on here I was ready to shoot myself with the comments I was reading....We cannot dominate every minute of a game.it will not happen

Back