** Partick v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

Tommy Wright till the end of the season then see who we could pick up from the EPL, if it was for right now we could do a lot worse than big Sam. I really don't want Mcinnes

We couldn't afford him he comes with an entourage the wages alone would be more than we could afford he would do a job but with little real cash he'd toil to win the league. It all comes down to 2 things money and a top drawer manager. We currently have neither. Never mind 10 the mankies will do 20 at this rate.

Last edited:
the game revolved round the free kicks we,,, had one with three minutes to go in the first half- they defended like demons, come early in the second half , they had almost exactly the same chance, and our wall crumbled like a bunch of jessies,

I'm actually sitting in disbelief that some people think that a 2-2 draw against a 10 man Partick Thistle is somewhat acceptable and are making excuses for it.

Is this how far we've sunk?

Fuck me!!!

I'm actually sitting in disbelief that some people think that a 2-2 draw against a 10 man Partick Thistle is somewhat acceptable and are making excuses for it.

Is this how far we've sunk?

Fuck me!!!
if the referee did his job a couple weeks ago and gave Thistle a late penalty, and it finishes 1-1 cfc v thistle - would that mean Brenda would have to walk since according to you it's "unacceptable" to draw one game with Thistle. I disagree bud.

if the referee did his job a couple weeks ago and gave Thistle a late penalty, and it finishes 1-1 cfc v thistle - would that mean Brenda would have to walk since according to you it's "unacceptable" to draw one game with Thistle. I disagree bud.

It's not just one game though is it:

5-1 defeat at Ibrox.

Literally handed the bheasts a Scottish Cup final place.

Lost us a 20+ years record at home to Aberdeen.

Managed us to categorically the worst European result in Scottish football, if not British history. A club we actually struggled to beat in the first leg at home and who had never won a European tie.

Defeat to hibs during the first home game of the season (yes, there were factors, but...)

Now a draw with ten man Thistle, who until last night were bottom of the table on one point. It could be argued that had they kept eleven on the pitch then we might have been looking at a loss.

How much more humiliation are we expected to suffer?

We need to face up to the fact he's a dud and that the board got his appointment wrong.

There is something missing from this team. Unable to defend competently; giving away cheap free kicks and crumbling walls at free kicks too. We can't kill teams off. Unacceptable for us - but reality at moment - early season still!!

The problem is that we dominate possession but the few times teams such as thistle get near our goal it's panic stations. I fear it every time our defence is pressurised. No confidence that we can deal with defensive situations.

It's not just one game though is it:

5-1 defeat at Ibrox.

Literally handed the bheasts a Scottish Cup final place.

Lost us a 20+ years record at home to Aberdeen.

Managed us to categorically the worst European result in Scottish football, if not British history. A club we actually struggled to beat in the first leg at home and who had never won a European tie.

Defeat to hibs during the first home game of the season (yes, there were factors, but...)

Now a draw with ten man Thistle, who until last night were bottom of the table on one point. It could be argued that had they kept eleven on the pitch then we might have been looking at a loss.

How much more humiliation are we expected to suffer?

We need to face up to the fact he's a dud and that the board got his appointment wrong.

Absolutely spot on. No argument can cover these facts nice bloke speaks well intelligent man but not up to the job. Let's be frank because of what happened to us the only way we get back is by massive financial investment way more than the '£10m' we are supposed to have spent. We also need a Souness style manager and revolution and none of that is remotely likely so we are really struggling and will for a very long time.

Back