** Partick v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

Should have buried them after a good first half. We really let it slip in the 2nd.

Two cracking goals but a daft free kick and poor defending cost us.

Lots of debate about Kenny Miller. For me, now, he should simply should not be in the first team. He's given us many years of great service but his time is up and we need to recognise that. Or, more to the point, Pedro needs to recognise that. It's a tough decision but a decision I'd expect a tough manager like Pedro to make.

I still think we are far better than last year. I still think our recruitment has been positive. So progress is being made, but it's stuttering progress in terms of results. After so many years of hell this should not be any great surprise actually, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

After some of the challenges tonight, my main aim for Tuesday is that we win but escape unscathed in injury terms. I think we are lucky to have finished the match with Jack and Morelos in one piece after the shocking challenges on them tonight.

Here's a question for someone. When a manager is sent off he's sent to the stand, Where does a player go when he's sent off ?
Reason i ask is i noticed after Erskine was sent off he was standing at the front of the tunnel watching the game for the rest of the match to the final whistle.

I'm not both are far superior to Pedro.
So we'll just phone St Johnstone and take their manager for free until the end of the season and then kick him out, Pay millions in compensation to our manager and his backroom team,Be left with all Pedros players and you think we can get an EPL manager next season to come to Scottish football who would want to bring in his own players,Bring in his own backroom team and pay him a hefty signing on fee or compensate his EPL club.

So i'll humour you for a second, Say we did all that and it didn't work, Would we just keep doing the same over and over and changing our manager everytime something doesn't work ? As it stands we don't have the cash to start paying people off and EPL managers would be demanding far higher wages than our current manager is on.

So we'll just phone St Johnstone and take their manager for free until the end of the season and then kick him out, Pay millions in compensation to our manager and his backroom team,Be left with all Pedros players and you think we can get an EPL manager next season to come to Scottish football who would want to bring in his own players,Bring in his own backroom team and pay him a hefty signing on fee or compensate his EPL club.

So i'll humour you for a second, Say we did all that and it didn't work, Would we just keep doing the same over and over and changing our manager everytime something doesn't work ? As it stands we don't have the cash to start paying people off and EPL managers would be demanding far higher wages than our current manager is on.
You're right, let's just accept mediocrity and not change anything, let's just keep Pedro for his entire contract and hand them 10/11/12 in a row. Do you really want that? Because judging by your post it sounds like it. I've already said we have a squad good enough to get close to them but the manager is a complete diddy, that's what needs sorting out.

Meh, and that's being kind.

Pedro needs to beat Celtic to stay in a job
I'll bet you he's still in a job if we get beat, See a lot of people saying similar, How would it be a good thing ? The club isn't in a position to pay him and all his backroom staff off and who would take over, Murty or JJ ?

Guys a fanny mate and you've just bitten I think

Here's a question for someone. When a manager is sent off he's sent to the stand, Where does a player go when he's sent off ?
Reason i ask is i noticed after Erskine was sent off he was standing at the front of the tunnel watching the game for the rest of the match to the final whistle.

They need to leave the vicinity of the technical area, is the wording I think mate. As Partick's 'tunnel' is down near the corner flag the 4th official probably won't even have seen him.

He couldn't have done that at Ibrox for example.

So if Windass makes a gesture and they say it's to rude to show..Why even bring it up when nobody watching was aware of it, Is it just a heads up for the compliance officer incase he's watching and if you need the video just give us a call.

I hate that wee skinny bastard,BT's version of Golum.

He done a wanker sign. Classless and Lennon-esque.

He was clearly frustrated are one of their idiot fans was giving him the ball back.

You're right, let's just accept mediocrity and not change anything, let's just keep Pedro for his entire contract and hand them 10/11/12 in a row. Do you really want that? Because judging by your post it sounds like it. I've already said we have a squad good enough to get close to them but the manager is a complete diddy, that's what needs sorting out.

Ironic that you say "lets just accept mediocrity" whilst wanting Tommy Wright to be our next manager.

My one main hope is Sean Dyche does something stupid off the pitch and gets sacked from Burnley because I'd give my left testicle for him.

I'll bet you he's still in a job if we get beat, See a lot of people saying similar, How would it be a good thing ? The club isn't in a position to pay him and all his backroom staff off and who would take over, Murty or JJ ?

If we go out on Tuesday, then lose to the scum, I'm not so sure.

Not saying that's a good thing, nor what I'd do, but the Progres debacle, the absolute pasting from the filth, and an inconsistent start, has put him on shakey ground.

Big week for him imo.

It's where we are and what we can afford, We aren't in a good financial position to even do what you suggest, But you think bringing in Tommy Wright is the answer ffs.

So tell me where all the money is coming from to do as you suggested ? You think we have a squad close enough to get close to them, They are miles ahead of us and unless there is serious investment for much better quality players with someone who knows what their doing, Then we will be playing catch up for years.

I'm absolutely dreading next week and the last game was nothing more than a total humiliation in our own home and it's still fresh in the memory of many people, I haven't seen anything to suggest we are getting closer to them and i reckon it will be another sore one next week.

Are you serious?
Of course mate goes back to Ajax he will have success, he is steeped in the ajax philosiphy he would need time to succeed elsewhere and bring those methods in as has been proved at palace and inter, a club our size would need someone who can hit the ground running

It's where we are and what we can afford, We aren't in a good financial position to even do what you suggest, But you think bringing in Tommy Wright is the answer ffs.

So tell me where all the money is coming from to do as you suggested ? You think we have a squad close enough to get close to them, They are miles ahead of us and unless there is serious investment for much better quality players with someone who knows what their doing, Then we will be playing catch up for years.

I'm absolutely dreading next week and the last game was nothing more than a total humiliation in our own home and it's still fresh in the memory of many people, I haven't seen anything to suggest we are getting closer to them and i reckon it will be another sore one next week.
We're shite and in a bad position financially. But you want to keep Pedro instead of going for someone cheap and miles better? Fair enough that makes loads of sense.

We're shite and in a bad position financially. But you want to keep Pedro instead of going for someone cheap and miles better? Fair enough that makes loads of sense.
Let this sink in for a second, Do you really think the club have invested all this money in bringing in the manager and his backroom team, He's brought in players who have cost the club upwards of £10m and all on long term deals on very good money and the same people on the board who sanctioned all this are going to sack him after 6 games... No chance.

Let this sink in for a second, Do you really think the club have invested all this money in bringing in the manager and his backroom team, He's brought in players who have cost the club upwards of £10m and all on long term deals on very good money and the same people on the board who sanctioned all this are going to sack him after 6 games... No chance.
No I know they won't what I'm saying is they should admit they have royally fucked up and get shot of him. But they won't because they have stupidly put too much into him and gave him too long a deal. Says more about the board than it does Pedro that's he was able to get the interview on a reccomendation from a former player then blag his way to actually getting the job.

If we go out on Tuesday, then lose to the scum, I'm not so sure.

Not saying that's a good thing, nor what I'd do, but the Progres debacle, the absolute pasting from the filth, and an inconsistent start, has put him on shakey ground.

Big week for him imo.
I don't know what's happening mate, I was full of confidence before the season started when i saw all the players he brought in and fully expected to see a big difference from last season and much better football,So far that hasn't happened and i honestly think we look slightly better but a very ordinary team.

I'll admit when we were knocked out of Europe i wanted him gone, People also keep looking at the benchmark of beating the unwashed, I don't think they are, I think the benchmark is to improve on last season against all the other teams and win games we should be winning, Losing all four games against the unwashed is only 12pts dropped, But if we stopped dropping silly points and losing games and drawing when we should be winning, The gap would indeed be shorter, Then and only then should we looking at challenging for the title with hopefully more investment and much better quality players.

A manager is only as good as the players he brings in and you only look at the money we spent on Pena around a million more than they paid for Sinclair and i know they are two different players but Sinclair has been an excellent buy for them and thats the type of player we are lacking.

I was just as shocked as everyone else and didn't have a clue who Pedro was and i still don't know why those on the board went for him, But sadly i think there is a good reason why he was a manager in the country's he previously worked, I still reckon we should have went with a manager who knows the British game and signed players with experience playing in the same British game, Signing players from country's where you stroll around with the ball and get loads of time would be very hard to adapt in a country where it is 90mins of blood and snotters football played at 100 mph.

I'll back the manager, But there will be only so long before the knifes are getting sharpened and the support will let the board and Pedro know when it's time to go.

I don't know what's happening mate, I was full of confidence before the season started when i saw all the players he brought in and fully expected to see a big difference from last season and much better football,So far that hasn't happened and i honestly think we look slightly better but a very ordinary team.

I'll admit when we were knocked out of Europe i wanted him gone, People also keep looking at the benchmark of beating the unwashed, I don't think they are, I think the benchmark is to improve on last season against all the other teams and win games we should be winning, Losing all four games against the unwashed is only 12pts dropped, But if we stopped dropping silly points and losing games and drawing when we should be winning, The gap would indeed be shorter, Then and only then should we looking at challenging for the title with hopefully more investment and much better quality players.

A manager is only as good as the players he brings in and you only look at the money we spent on Pena around a million more than they paid for Sinclair and i know they are two different players but Sinclair has been an excellent buy for them and thats the type of player we are lacking.

I was just as shocked as everyone else and didn't have a clue who Pedro was and i still don't know why those on the board went for him, But sadly i think there is a good reason why he was a manager in the country's he previously worked, I still reckon we should have went with a manager who knows the British game and signed players with experience playing in the same British game, Signing players from country's where you stroll around with the ball and get loads of time would be very hard to adapt in a country where it is 90mins of blood and snotters football played at 100 mph.

I'll back the manager, But there will be only so long before the knifes are getting sharpened and the support will let the board and Pedro know when it's time to go.
Where do get the Pena figures compared to Sinclair?

No I know they won't what I'm saying is they should admit they have royally fucked up and get shot of him. But they won't because they have stupidly put too much into him and gave him too long a deal. Says more about the board than it does Pedro that's he was able to get the interview on a reccomendation from a former player then blag his way to actually getting the job.
He should never have got the job, The job should have went to someone with British football experience at a decent level and who knew the British game and how it was played.

When you tend to bring in players from warmer climates and are used to getting time on the ball and a nice stroll through the game, As soon as they play the Scottish game they are miles out of their comfort zone and it ends up taking the good aspects of the player away and turning him into nothing more than a 100 mph Scottish player and all the skill goes out the window.

The last thing i would have did was to sign players from Mexico, They might be good in Mexico but Scotland and it's football would have been a culture shock to them,Both players were also on the slide and had totally lost form, But Pedro thought they would be good coming to Scotland.

He should never have got the job, The job should have went to someone with British football experience at a decent level and who knew the British game and how it was played.

When you tend to bring in players from warmer climates and are used to getting time on the ball and a nice stroll through the game, As soon as they play the Scottish game they are miles out of their comfort zone and it ends up taking the good aspects of the player away and turning him into nothing more than a 100 mph Scottish player and all the skill goes out the window.

The last thing i would have did was to sign players from Mexico, They might be good in Mexico but Scotland and it's football would have been a culture shock to them,Both players were also on the slide and had totally lost form, But Pedro thought they would be good coming to Scotland.
I agree with all of that

Tommy Wright till the end of the season then see who we could pick up from the EPL, if it was for right now we could do a lot worse than big Sam. I really don't want Mcinnes

Do you realise what a manager like Allardyce gets paid?

And that's before you discuss the funds they will want to reshape a squad if they're going to put their reputation on the line taking on a job where the remit seems to be to beat Celtic and win the title.

Pedro - wants to be a winner at out club. Spews out of him. Kicks every ball.
Pedro- wants to be a winner at our club. Spews out of him. Kicks every ball.
Team are shite.
Gone I think.

Next week is Pedro s biggest game- Win and he's a hero , lose and he's gone

its not realistic to expect him to beat them but keep playing like we are and his position is untenable

we are fucking atrocious and can't play for 90 minutes against the likes of partick

I agree in the cold light of day, however he had to stop persisting with the likes of Miller and Niko.
That is wearing my patience thin.

Basically the same thing gs has happened in most of our league games so far this season.

We score first, have chances to score another 1 or 2 to give us breathing space and put the game to bed.

Miss these chances then switch off either 5/10 minutes after we score or at the start of the second half, Ross County, Dundee and Partick last night.

We.need to concentrate and start taking the chances we create or it will be like this all season.

Overall poor performance, defense very poor.

That's true to an extent.

But we dominated thistle at the start, then faded away. It's happened in almost every game so far this season.

Fact is Pedro hasn't won 3 games in a row as Rangers manager - nobody deserves the role with that record. For me the old firm game is now make or break for him and our season.

You may as well sack him and end our season now. No matter how much bear you are you must recognise on and off the field there is still a significant gap. It's been said by most on here that it will take a few seasons to close. Not 1. 2nd is our target and a closed gap. Perhaps a cup. That would we be a significant improvement would it not?

But sadly i think there is a good reason why he was a manager in the country's he previously worked, I still reckon we should have went with a manager who knows the British game and signed players with experience playing in the same British game, Signing players from country's where you stroll around with the ball and get loads of time would be very hard to adapt in a country where it is 90mins of blood and snotters football played at 100 mph.

Like Warburton?

You are right 100% but we need a better motivator in the dressing room than Pedro not saying we need to get rid of him but we need a motivator and quickly.

An opportunity squandered.We won't get many of these again if any.Defeat next week could well be the death knell for Pedro.I want theguy to succeed but it's just not going to happen.

Back