Passing Kings of Europe - you couldn't make it up!!

So they have moved on from the most chances created cup to the most possession?

Ah, the old Celtic way nonsense.

Unless you are Pep’s Barca team, you simply cannot play that way both domestically and in Europe, their European record compared to ours proves that.

We have over the years managed to go away and get results because we adjust our style against better opponents, whereas they still try to play the same and wonder why they have such a poor record.

Christ, they will definitely still be able to see what he’s trying to do then, with these stats.

That’s some proper, world class turd polishing right there!

It’s the hope that kills them, it always has been.

I bumped into an old colleague (supports them) last night when out for a meal. He told me he was at the game. I asked him how the game was.....IT WAS SHITE! was his answer. A rotten game that he was just glad to win.
This Ange claptrap is not all it seems but be prepared for the wankfest after we gave him a free run at his 1st trophy.

They must be adding in how many times the Japanese passes out when somebody touches his hair

Last edited:
If there is one thing you can say about celtic is that their PR department works hard. Employing shrewd moves, dirty tricks and feeding out propaganda, supported by other tims in the media.

Every time there is a negative story about them you can bet there will be a made up negative story about Rangers the next day. Remember their fans causing trouble in the stands, then all of a sudden a story appears where a “Rangers fan” who was in the Dundee end got hit with a missile outside the ground. Total made up BS.

Now that Rangers are playing some nice football under GVB with a view to playing a dutch total football style, the same week celtic go crashing into the UEFA johnstones paint trophy, the wee pr guy at celtic has manipulated some statistics to shoot them ahead of Europes elite by this one metric that means nothing.

I mean nobody with half a brain will believe it but thats not exactly their target audience.

Ange Postecoglou turns Celtic into passing kings of the world as 'Ange-ball' leads Manchester City and Bayern Munich​

A study of 40 top divisions across the globe shows no-one moves it better than the Hoops this season.

After some initial uncertainty over his appointment, Celtic fans are loving life under Ange Postecoglou.

The Greek-Australian boss has clear and uncompromising ideas about how the game should be played, with quick attacking football based around possession the order of the day.

And that approach is paying off in spades as new research indicates Celtic are pulling their opponents about more than anyone else in the WORLD.

Postecoglou's style has been compared to the likes of Pep Guardiola and Maurizio Sarri but when it comes to moving the ball his side have them beaten this season.

The CIES Football Observatory collated data on the number of passes attempted per match and their average length for teams from 40 leagues worldwide.

The Croats have moved the ball for 11.8 kilometres per match, on par with Ajax and just ahead of Bayern Munich and Manchester City but a full km less than Celtic.

It will come as no surprise that Rangers are second in Scotland for this metric, with 587 passes and 10.5km per match.

Aberdeen and Hearts come in with 10km each, with Hibs in fifth with 9.4km.

But it's Celtic who lead the way across those 40 leagues, further proof that 'Ange-ball' has truly taken hold at Parkhead.

Most ball circulation across 40 leagues worldwide​

10 - Barcelona: 11.km per match

9 - Bodo/Glimt: 11.1km

8 - Liverpool: 11.3km

7 - MSK Zilina: 11.5km

6 - Sevilla: 11.5km

5 - Manchester City: 11.6km

4 - Bayern Munich: 11.7km

3 - Ajax: 11.8km

2 - Dinamo Zagreb: 11.8km

1 - Celtic: 12.8km
The Scottish mhedia love this crank

We should be encouraging this. The better they think they are the less chance they spend more in January. My fear in Ange looks like he might spot a decent player. Best he doesn’t get the money. Complacency in their ranks is a good thing.

Typical of modern day Scotland. Give ourselves praise and qiluities we actually haven’t earned.

Celtic are leading the way.

Most ball circulation and they're also running away with the Number Of Separate Sex Offenders At One Club stat too.

How will we cope?

Ah but the pressure is now on to keep the top spot.
They will be going out their way to make more pointless passes to maintain the mantle.
Its a long way down from the top.

Congrats on your pointless statistic crown, Timmy. However, I think you'll struggle to compete with Joe Aribo's 'most consistent wearer of polka dot socks on a Tuesday' title.
How many of these pointless stats have they owned over recent years

Losing games without conceding a shot on target
”Dominated” first 21 minutes, never had another attempt on goal and still lost
5th highest goals scored in Europa league, but also most conceded and out on your arse shield

Quite a few of these collected now

If I'm reading this right it's attempted passes rather than completed passes?

The CIES Football Observatory collated data on the number of passes attempted per match and their average length for teams from 40 leagues worldwide.

So you could be passing these out the park and getting praise for it. :)

Ange Postecoglou turns Celtic into passing kings of the world as 'Ange-ball' leads Manchester City and Bayern Munich​

A study of 40 top divisions across the globe shows no-one moves it better than the Hoops this season.

After some initial uncertainty over his appointment, Celtic fans are loving life under Ange Postecoglou.

The Greek-Australian boss has clear and uncompromising ideas about how the game should be played, with quick attacking football based around possession the order of the day.

And that approach is paying off in spades as new research indicates Celtic are pulling their opponents about more than anyone else in the WORLD.

Postecoglou's style has been compared to the likes of Pep Guardiola and Maurizio Sarri but when it comes to moving the ball his side have them beaten this season.

The Croats have moved the ball for 11.8 kilometres per match, on par with Ajax and just ahead of Bayern Munich and Manchester City but a full km less than Celtic.

It will come as no surprise that Rangers are second in Scotland for this metric, with 587 passes and 10.5km per match.

But it's Celtic who lead the way across those 40 leagues, further proof that 'Ange-ball' has truly taken hold at Parkhead.

Are we not tracked as we sometimes pass a bit to much in build up play according to some on here. But it works according to the standings.

That’s a point

Not see the xTable recently (the imaginary what I wish the table is, not what it is table).

They given up on that?
Mate literally since the weekend we over took them on it I've not seen it talked about once, that was about a month ago. It used to get slung about after every match when they were at the top of it. Really are world class at clutching at straws

Mate literally since the weekend we over took them on it I've not seen it talked about once, that was about a month ago. It used to get slung about after every match when they were at the top of it. Really are world class at clutching at straws
Surely this is not him

What is this obsession to make him seem great? They are second in the league and lucky to be in touching distance because we have fell off of form and dropped 6pts at home that should never have been dropped. Essentially they should be sitting 10pts behind us just now.

I wonder if they broke it down what percentage of that passing would be between their back 4 and keeper. I would say about 65% is.

Did we not have the same stat under Warburton at one point?

What was that written in? Ra Sellik Blog?

If I'm reading this right it's attempted passes rather than completed passes?

So you could be passing these out the park and getting praise for it. :)

You would need an Observatory to see some of Duffy’s passes last season.

I wonder if anyone in the main stream media ever has a bigger picture look at what they publish and think ‘ah shit we are coming across like a fanzine here.’
The thing is, all of Scottish sports media is like that.

There is no one in the middle ground or the yin to their yang.

So their is nothing to provide contrast and show them up as being a one sided fanzine. It’s all the same.

Back