BT sport tweet ahead of tonight’s game

Play that in the dressing room before going onto the pitch
That was brilliant ,hopefully the players do us proud tonight

All joking aside and being a boring bar steward.

We are not pretty similar, other than the desire for trophies.

They are a modern day corporate 'Netflix' generation club, their season ticket make up is proof of this.

From a marketing perspective this is an easy win, in reality it is a lie.

For devotion and passion the majority of Scousers aren't in our league.

WATP.

Anyone experienced the Anfield atmosphere before? How did it compare to ours?
The Kop, are on a different level for noise to the UB. (When they sing)

Overall better than average.

On one amazing night (champions league semi final v Chelsea) the noise was non stop and out of this world.

They are a crowd worthy of respect for the noise they make, not us, but who is?

Anyone experienced the Anfield atmosphere before? How did it compare to ours?
I worked in Liverpool at various times from early ‘78 to ‘82. The first time in the Kop surprised me as it was so small compared to our (then) Copland terracing. It honestly felt like a third of the size.

I saw numerous domestic and European games throughout that period, where Liverpool were undoubtedly one of the best sides in Europe. The best atmosphere I witnessed was v Spurs when new arrivals Ozzie Ardiles and Rikki Villa were expected to destroy Liverpool. The latter won it 7-0 if I remember correctly. It was a game to savour and the atmosphere was better than at many of the big games I subsequently saw.

Maybe it’s just I didn’t have Liverpool in my blood but I can honestly say there was never any passion comparable to what I was used to at our games v Celtic up to that stage.

Hope we shut them up tonight anyway.

Back