Pat Crerand Was Quoted For Celtic Manager

The voting numbers in Glasgow and the West of Scotland in every election don't stack up. As much as this is a very staunch subsection of the Rangers support, the wider Rangers support in real life and in Glasgow (which I think from memory you're well removed from correct me if I'm wrong) don't subscribe to the massively simplistic idea of Rangers fans voting for them = no true Rangers fan/Scotsman. I vote Labour and have been pretty vocal on here in defending that position - I think it's obvious I differ from others in that it's an economic decision rather than a larger part of my identity. To that end the people who are massively staunchly British and Scottish actually fall into the trap of having more in common with each other than normal moderates like you do with any extreme. I did enjoy the personal attack or two mind.
I think your sarcastic post invited the return.
But I suspect you think that you should be allowed to be sarcastic and be immune to any reaction.
Sorry that I don't share your self-aggrandisement in such matters.

I notice that you don't dare make a case for voting for the SNP and I also notice that you duck the issue regarding the dangers for RFC and Unionists in a separated Scotland.
Because if you face up to these dangers then the case for voting SNP for any individual who will be identified in a post-separated Scotland as someone previously standing against the 'regime' falls apart like a cheap suit.

Claim all you want in such a Scotland that you voted all along for Nicola and it won't matter a damn, they will hang you by the colour of your scarf anyway.

I don't agree with your take on the numbers.
The insinuation here is that Rangers supporters vote SNP in larger numbers than is evident from those who are on FF.
Prove that if you will?

You also don't address the reality of how politics are almost impossible to separate from a person's daily life.
A fairly incredible claim at this exact juncture in our history.
Politics affects almost everything and football in Scotland, especially at this grave moment in our timeline, has never been more affected by the politics of a nationalist party who will bring their viciousness into every facet of the nation and an individual's personal life.

As for me no longer living in Scotland, I am still paying my taxes to the British State and the last time I looked, no one was dividing my money up in such a manner that Scotland doesn't get some of it.
So your wee snidey point carries little real merit.

Last edited:
The greatest Rangers man I've ever met, my old man, will always watxh them on the telly.

When I berate him for said act?

He says, you always sus something about the b@stards. He's 84 and I'll trust his judgement as long as I'm here.

Always know thine enemy.

Horses for courses, mate. When Rangers aren’t playing and they are I go spend my time doing other things I enjoy.

I was on holiday with the family in the South of France near St Tropez when I was 16/17 back around 1979. It was all big static caravans and it had a bar & swimming pool on site. One day at the pool my dad pointed out some guy who I wouldn't have known from a hole in the ground. He said it was Pat Crerand. A big, "who?" was my response.
Him & his wife used to get absolutely out their conkers on the local cheap rose wine every night & have raging arguments about who knew the most about Man U.
Port Grimaud?

Not read anything about Crerand, but imagine it being about being poor and downtrodden having to live in appalling accommodation just because of something that suits.
My mother lived in the same close as him and have never heard her whine about why she was there. Her only line about those days was they didn't know they were poor until someone told them they were!!

According to Bertie Auld, in his book* “A Bhoy Named Bertie,” three names were in the frame to replace Stein in 1978 - Auld, McNeill, and Crerand.

There have been some sectarian fanatics who have managed Celtic, but Crerand would have trumped them all.

*Book only cost £2.37 on amazon kindle. Well worth the price to gain a further insight into their thinking.
Toilet paper is cheaper in Tesco and many other supermarkets.

Wait, you bought a former Celtic players autobiography? Then decided it would be a good idea to come on FF telling us how bitter said player was in an attempt to gain staunch points?

I don't think this is going how you thought it would.

Utterly bizarre behaviour.

Watched it then up to my mates with ma scarf on he is a scum fan. That's the Tam Forsyth final.
You couldn’t have mate it wasn’t shown live.

There was highlights shown about the tea time,(maybe part of the news), where you would have seen the goals. Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of.

You couldn’t have mate it wasn’t shown live.

There was highlights shown about the tea time,(maybe part of the news), where you would have seen the goals. Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of.
You've got me thinking now. The next year, 74, Scum v Dundee Hivs sure I watched that too. I must be on the road out.

He could give you the steam off his pish, just get a hold of one of his pairs of trousers.
Horrible bastard!!
13c5e29b-37ab-495d-b7a9-4eed0f37e5d1.jpg.9953e8ed3626f0fc592a6d61230d4896.jpg.2846bd1b7107451e365c279b3ffd022c.jpg

My mate signed for Hibs about 1973/74. Auld was 1st team coach under Turnball. My mate was in the craft, and the 1st day at training, Auld came up said "I hear you've a big dug" and gave him the grip. How can a guy like that turn into an arsehole ?

Lol, you implying there are no other arseholes in the craft?

The greatest Rangers man I've ever met, my old man, will always watxh them on the telly.

When I berate him for said act?

He says, you always sus something about the b@stards. He's 84 and I'll trust his judgement as long as I'm here.

Always know thine enemy.

:oops:
FFS, every day is indeed a school day.
I've aways endowed that particular accolade on your good self.

(Based entirely on your own reflections and recollections it has to be said.) B-D

Thank god you posted thought I was going nuts. What I remember about 74 was wanting the new hot property to do something.....Andy Gray. That wisnae just highlights.
Afraid it was highlights!
1955 was the 1st Scottish cup final to be shown live on tv, 1977 was the 2nd.

I know I can't believe in this day and age some people don't use their football team leanings to decide every other facet of their existence. Mental.

I know, and I can't believe in this day and age that elected members of a political party would persecute, bait and inconvenience a whole section of society, including their own constituents, based on the fitba team they support

Horses for courses, mate. When Rangers aren’t playing I spend my time doing other things I enjoy.

:oops:
FFS, every day is indeed a school day.
I've aways endowed that particular accolade on your good self.

(Based entirely on your own reflections and recollections it has to be said.) B-D
There's a lot better than me, always have been but I find them so negative at times. :)

Cannae get ma head round that.
Around what?

Clyde equalised in the last minute direct from a corner. I think the scorer was an Archie Robertson and Tommy Ring, a famous Clyde winger scored the only goal of the replay. (Or vice versa)

Clyde won the Scottish Cup twice in the 1950s, the same as Rangers and the filth.

Around what?

Clyde equalised in the last minute direct from a corner. I think the scorer was an Archie Robertson and Tommy Ring, a famous Clyde winger scored the only goal of the replay. (Or vice versa)

Clyde won the Scottish Cup twice in the 1950s, the same as Rangers and the filth.
Cannae get ma head round I dinnae watch the 73, 74, 75, 76 cup finals live.

So the 76 final when big Derek scores before 3 o clock wisnae on live.

Around what?

1954-55 was the last time neither Rangers nor Celtic won one of the 3 major Scottish trophies. Aberdeen won the league, Clyde won the Scottish Cup and Hearts won the League Cup. It would have been 1985-86 if Hearts hadn't blown the league as Aberdeen did an Edinburgh double to win both cups. They beat Hibs to win the League Cup final and Hearts to win the Scottish Cup final.

Last edited:
Cannae get ma head round I dinnae watch the 73, 74, 75, 76 cup finals live.

So the 76 final when big Derek scores before 3 o clock wisnae on live.
It wasn't on live bud.

As has been said the 1955 SC final was relayed live and it would be 22 years later till the next one.

I don't know you would have wanted to watch the 74 and 75 finals live anyway.

Crerand is the Man U player who used to assault other Man U players at Christmas nights out for being Northern Irish Protestants.
Never heard that one, but I find it hard to believe Paddy the Maddy getting away with trying anything against George Best.

Not even the Scottish press could have covered that one up.

Untermensch if ever there was one. Always thought that Crerand was born with a 10 ton chip on his shoulder - but I later realised that he learnt it at school/chapel/septc.

“Crerand became involved in Irish politics during the troubles. Crerand said in his autobiography that he was a friend of John Hume and he had talked to IRA members, including Martin McGuinness in an effort to resolve the rent strikes of 1975.”

the burny fire awaits Crerand but at least he’ll be reunited with those 2 mentally challenged bastards Hume and McGuinness

I was in hospitality with a Celtic orientated customer's business at Parkhead the day Daniel Cousin ragdolled them for the opener at our 4-2 win in August 2008. They were all there - McNeill (who I'd met a few times and liked), Lennox, McAvennie, Van Hoojdonk et al. I had my 12 year old son with me. Everyone was very civil even though we didn't hide our Rangers allegiance. All apart from Auld. A nasty old turd still trying too hard to fit in, And failing.

Read a biography by Leo McKinstry about the Charlton brothers. There's a bit in the book where he says that although Crerand was capped for Scotland his allegiances lay with the Republic.

Back