Paterson our future right wingback, what about Doig on the left

For me we have to be giving Maxwell an opportunity. Don’t know too much about him but by all accounts he is doing really well at QOTS and has been a mainstay in the Scotland setup through the years.

If we are looking for anyone from Hibs/ home grown player it has to be Nesbit for me.

We have the young lad Maxwell playing at QOTS who we sould be looking at before looking at other clubs players.
While you are correct, and he is a talent, the club will always be looking at other talent in Scotland. If He (Doig) continues the way he is I have no doubt a bunch of clubs will be in for him us included, we have to be interested in talent in our own league otherwise celtic will have the monopoly of the league.

For me we have to be giving Maxwell an opportunity. Don’t know too much about him but by all accounts he is doing really well at QOTS and has been a mainstay in the Scotland setup through the years.

mid we are looking for anyone from Hibs/ home grown player it has to be Nesbit for me.

Playing championship this season. Next year hopefully a loan spell to a premier team comes his way.

Certainly looks to be a very good prospect OP. If we are looking to move Borna on in the summer it seems to be a no brainer.

One thing I did like about Doig was that he wasn't scared to take someone one or to drive forward. Too many fullbacks are happy to stop and pass sideways at the first sign of opposition. Imperative that, if Gerrard is here and we are continuing with this style, our fullbacks are capable of posing a big threat going forward

I think he would be worth a punt.

Fwiw I think Bassey may end up being more of a centre back too. I’m not entirely convinced about his decision making in defending in the LB area.

Not being cheeky here OP but how has the boy played since he played against us?

I wonder how he played when they got pumped off St Johnstone?

if we went on players having good games against us we’d be signing half the shite in this league.

This doig fella crops up every now an then he just is not the standard we require hardly ever finishes a 90 min game either way sure young Shirley will come on leaps an bound in future given time put doig to bed once and for all

There's been many a thread about Doig and I agree he does look a player.

We have a clear succession plan in place and if Wilson and the Gaffer think he is up to the job he will no doubt be getting scouted along with probably many other players.

As for my own opinion, as long as the money is right I think this would be a good signing. Young, Scottish and Tav was impressed by him and spoke to the lad. He ticks all the boxes.

I watched a chunk of the Betfred Semi-final at the weekend. He got owned by Rooney of St Johnstone, who had a really good game.
Doig is young and is clearly still a long way from the finished article.

Not being cheeky here OP but how has the boy played since he played against us?

I wonder how he played when they got pumped off St Johnstone?

if we went on players having good games against us we’d be signing half the shite in this league.

I watched him against Celtic and was really impressed. Pity he went off (Must have had a slight
injury)

At 18 he stood right out against their right hand side.

I watched a chunk of the Betfred Semi-final at the weekend. He got owned by Rooney of St Johnstone, who had a really good game.
Doig is young and is clearly still a long way from the finished article.

Must admit Rooney was exceptional that game. Big lad that he is. Obviously not the finished article at 18 but has the most potential I have seen for a youngster in Scotland with Patterson not far behind.

It would be best to keep an eye on the development of Bassey, Maxwell and Doig! We have more control over how Bassey and Maxwell develop, but it would be silly to not have Doig on the radar, I'd be surprised if Ross Wilson didn't tbh.

Maxwell and Paterson would have had more game time if coming through at Hibs. And maybe both at a higher level. Shame we only get glimpses of both. Paterson wont be loaned out now. He has cemented the right back position after Tav. We need to see more of him when we are strolling through a game or against lower cup opposition. Hopefully Maxwell also gets game time next season for maybe another SPFL premiership club if Bassey is the understudy to Barasic.

I've a bit of a soft spot for Sunderland and there's talk on Rokerreport that they're interested this month in Doig. Who knows? I suspect Hibs won't be easy to deal with despite the Docherty and Murphy loans.

Imagine how much of a stand out Bassey would be playing for Hibs every week? There's your answer

He was at Hearts as a kid, when released Hibs snapped him up.
He will be on meagre wages, but he seems to be creating interest so Hibs would be advised to get him signed up on a decent contract.

I’ve watched highlights of a few of Hibs matches recently and I’ve not been overly impressed by the boy. That said someone like Gerrard could improve him greatly.

And hooked at half time twice against Celtic.
The parkhead game after Dubai where he came off at half time he was carrying an injury.

The boy has potential. As with any youngster he will be inconsistent. I certainly hope we are keeping an eye on him

When everyone
The parkhead game after Dubai where he came off at half time he was carrying an injury.

The boy has potential. As with any youngster he will be inconsistent. I certainly hope we are keeping an eye on him

He was the star player that day for me.

Anytime I've watched Hibs (handful of times), I've been quite impressed by the lad. Never realised he was so young as well. Physically he has all the attributes, pace, power, height and a decent delivery as well.

It's so much more difficult for a young player to break through at Ibrox. There is no settling in period, there is no margin for error. Guys like Doig can make their mistakes at Hibs with no detrimental effect on their progression or career. That is a luxury not afforded to youngsters at Rangers, rightly or wrongly.
For a youngster to make it at Ibrox, they have to be exceptional from the get go and that's why comparatively few make the grade.

It's so much more difficult for a young player to break through at Ibrox. There is no settling in period, there is no margin for error. Guys like Doig can make their mistakes at Hibs with no detrimental effect on their progression or career. That is a luxury not afforded to youngsters at Rangers, rightly or wrongly.
For a youngster to make it at Ibrox, they have to be exceptional from the get go and that's why comparatively few make the grade.

Think we are now learning the way forward is to loan out.

Even if we did buy Doig with Barasic and Bassey who is 3 years his senior I would be all for loaning him back to Hibs.

We can now Judge McCrorie at Livi for example or Middleton at St J.

Im keeping an eye on McPake down here ;-)

For me Middleton is on last chance. After spells at Hibs and Bradford were he was ineffective.

Most people have seen him have 1 good game, does anyone know if he is any good the rest of the time?

Most people have seen him have 1 good game, does anyone know if he is any good the rest of the time?

Watched him close quarters against us and Celtic and at 18 years old was very impressed.

When our Manager and Captain go out their way to talk to him after a game, they obviously also see something too.

Potentially the next Andy Robertson. We should keep an eye on.

Bassey appears to have been discarded by sections of the support on the back of his poor performance v St Mirren. Proving, once again, how difficult it is for youngsters at Rangers
Been discarded by the management since as well to be fair. I see him developing into a left-sided CH as he develops.

Back