Pathetic Quality From Castore

ANOTHER Email received today re 2 tops from FIRST BATCH order still not received and still no further forward as to the hold up or when I’ll get them

Hi Lesley,

Thank You for your email

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused on this occasion

I can see that we are currently working on all of the orders and aiming to clear all of the outstanding orders which have not yet been dispatched from our warehouse. Once this has been dispatched you will receive an email confirmation along with the tracking details.

Thank You again for your continued support and we hope to hear from you shortly

Have a great day and Thank You for your continued support”

Email has been fired right back asking IF they’ve actually instigated an investigation (as previous email stated they were doing) and what the outcome was and stating all I’ve had is them regurgitating the same poor excuses, telling me nothing, no updates.

Actually not holding my breath on a satisfactory reply explaining how Sports Direct are selling these limited edition tops when I haven’t received my 2 from first batch order OR as to what the hold up has been on mine when people are receiving 2nd batch tops now OR even receiving both tops.

They do realise any support / goodwill is GONE.

Same bullshit emails they were sending me when I was chasing up my Retro top. Which never came, finally they admitted it wasn’t coming & refunded me.

Then restocked them a few weeks later despite it supposedly being a limited edition. B-D

Champions top finally arrived today, 16 weeks after ordering lol. Can’t understand why it took so long.

Only think I’d say is there is no issues with the kit. All the embroidery is perfect.

Do they replace kids kits where most of the lettering has peeled off? My five your old got the black away kit, £45 just for the top where you can get the full kit in any of the major teams for the same price and his kit has basically peeled off.

Champions top finally arrived today, 16 weeks after ordering lol. Can’t understand why it took so long.

Only think I’d say is there is no issues with the kit. All the embroidery is perfect.
Mine arrived today as well.
In fairness they did say it would be delivered FROM June 1st,so it effectively took three weeks to arrive,

Folk saying standards will be better next season as had chance to prepare better are in for a shock.

Can’t even think of a brand/retailer that is even remotely as continually shambolic as them so will be putting money into the club via other means with the exception of home strips for the kids.
Let's wait till we have our hands on the new kit. They could be brilliant quality. Although I'm far from confident.

I bought last season pro kit around 8 weeks ago and only worn it a handful of times and the back sponsor is peeling off and its been washed exactly as how they instruct, is there a point in contacting castore or will they just tell me its my fault ?

I bought last season pro kit around 8 weeks ago and only worn it a handful of times and the back sponsor is peeling off and its been washed exactly as how they instruct, is there a point in contacting castore or will they just tell me its my fault ?
I had the black and orange from last season, bought in January and returned it in April/May and got a credit note which I put towards this seasons home jersey.

Just had to email Rangers concierge after returning a champions shirt over a month ago. Not a word since. I followed all the correct procedures (after figuring out what they actually were) and my shirt was confirmed as picked up and on its way via the Hermes returns service using their tracker.

I'm guessing Hermes have no doubt lost the parcel looking at others with similar issues.

I'd have contacted them, but I have lost the receipt with the tracking/delivery number on it (maybe I should get a job with Hermes myself) so I'm not sure if they'll just say I'm making it up.

I wouldn't mind so much here but this shirt was for my Dad and he'd sent me the £70 to buy it so I want to get him his money back.

I retuned mine instore and got full refund.

Purchased February and worn/washed about 5 times. Front sponsor peeling off, labels inside completely away. Washed inside out, 30°, no fabric conditioner. They offered 30% refund if I kept it or full refund if I posted back. Asked if I could return to Glasgow and they said no problem.

Has anyone had any issues with this years shirt yet ??
Yeah I got line home and the E in 32 red had a dent in it. Was only slight but as I collect wanted it perfect. Took it back and swapped no problem. Have noticed that the label is fabric printed so they have learned from last years falling off as so much small writing

I retuned mine instore and got full refund.

Purchased February and worn/washed about 5 times. Front sponsor peeling off, labels inside completely away. Washed inside out, 30°, no fabric conditioner. They offered 30% refund if I kept it or full refund if I posted back. Asked if I could return to Glasgow and they said no problem.
I had the black and orange from last season, bought in January and returned it in April/May and got a credit note which I put towards this seasons home jersey.
Thanks, I'll email them, to be honest I would like to keep the top just because of how great a season it was but what's the point if its all going to peel of and end up a mess

Just had to email Rangers concierge after returning a champions shirt over a month ago. Not a word since. I followed all the correct procedures (after figuring out what they actually were) and my shirt was confirmed as picked up and on its way via the Hermes returns service using their tracker.

I'm guessing Hermes have no doubt lost the parcel looking at others with similar issues.

I'd have contacted them, but I have lost the receipt with the tracking/delivery number on it (maybe I should get a job with Hermes myself) so I'm not sure if they'll just say I'm making it up.

I wouldn't mind so much here but this shirt was for my Dad and he'd sent me the £70 to buy it so I want to get him his money back.
Thanks to somebody on here we have been dealing with the concierge, sent him photos and got an email back asking if we wanted refunded/replaced went wi the 2nd option and were told to keep the top and another would be sorted out within 10 days.
Showed the original top to an experienced machine embroiderer and they pointed out all sorts of things we missed.

Concierge has emailed me back, I dont want to trip myself up and get the blame what is the exact correct way to wash the strips ?
If I’m reading this correctly, you appear to be doubting yourself as to whether you have washed the strip at the correct instructions which could have caused the issues.

so you’re now asking on here to tell you the answer so you can get a refund even though it could potentially have been due to you washing it incorrectly?

Thanks to somebody on here we have been dealing with the concierge, sent him photos and got an email back asking if we wanted refunded/replaced went wi the 2nd option and were told to keep the top and another would be sorted out within 10 days.
Showed the original top to an experienced machine embroiderer and they pointed out all sorts of things we missed.
I'd actually ordered a couple of shirts originally here mate. The first one that turned up they did this with after I sent in photos etc. Told me just to keep hold of it and refunded which was fairly decent of them.

This one I'm having issues with was already in the post however and couldn't be cancelled and they said I'd need to send it back if not happy. As expected it looked like crap stitching wise on arrival some 2 weeks later when it eventually showed up.

An absolute shambles all round both from Castore, and the Castore of Delivery services Herpes.

Last edited:
Surely the question is what did you wash it at?
If I’m reading this correctly, you appear to be doubting yourself as to whether you have washed the strip at the correct instructions which could have caused the issues.

so you’re now asking on here to tell you the answer so you can get a refund even though it could potentially have been due to you washing it incorrectly?
I dont have the top to hand as I'm working so didn't want to word it wrong, if anything I've been over cautions due to reading this thread

Somehow that doesn’t sound right. I’ve had problems all year with the cunts. Latest being the black top where the rear sponsor was peeling after two washes. Was told to either keep it and I’d get 20% refund or I send it back for refund. I sent it back and they gave a credit note.
So to be told to keep the top and get a free one sent out, doesn’t seem right at all.

I dont have the top to hand as I'm working so didn't want to word it wrong, if anything I've been over cautions due to reading this thread
Tbf mate yer hardly gonna wash a fitba tap on a 60 degree wash.
I’m assuming most washing machines quick wash cycle and default cycle will be a 40 degree wash which shouldn’t ruin a fitba tap.
The problem is the tops not you washing it unless yer washing it on anything too high, which I doubt you would be doing

Somehow that doesn’t sound right. I’ve had problems all year with the cunts. Latest being the black top where the rear sponsor was peeling after two washes. Was told to either keep it and I’d get 20% refund or I send it back for refund. I sent it back and they gave a credit note.
So to be told to keep the top and get a free one sent out, doesn’t seem right at all.

When they sent me a pair of sliders with each foot a different size, firstly they told me they’d sent out replacements.

Fast forward a few weeks when the replacements didn’t arrive, they gave me a full refund & I still have the sliders here.

Just a shame only the left one fits :))

I had heard one other person saying the same and to be fair the top was some state only one I've saw that had a fucked badge, like properly fucked.

Tbf mate yer hardly gonna wash a fitba tap on a 60 degree wash.
I’m assuming most washing machines quick wash cycle and default cycle will be a 40 degree wash which shouldn’t ruin a fitba tap.
The problem is the tops not you washing it unless yer washing it on anything too high, which I doubt you would be doing
I've been washing it inside out in a cold wash on its own, and I've never done that before with any other top, it's the only thing I wash on it's own with so much care and still fell apart

It just annoys me they know fine well its the product at fault but they try get out of it by asking how its been washed

Folk saying standards will be better next season as had chance to prepare better are in for a shock.

Can’t even think of a brand/retailer that is even remotely as continually shambolic as them so will be putting money into the club via other means with the exception of home strips for the kids.

If they haven't got something in your order they should refund immediately instead of fannying about with would you like a refund or a credit note. Next, M&S, Boots etc dont do it, they just put the money straight back to your card. I used to think they were amateurs, now I think they are greedy amateurs.

If they haven't got something in your order they should refund immediately instead of fannying about with would you like a refund or a credit note. Next, M&S, Boots etc dont do it, they just put the money straight back to your card. I used to think they were amateurs, now I think they are greedy amateurs.

Standard procedure with the courteousy of being given a note of the reason why.

This mob either need chased up followed by the offer you said or give a refund without explanation.

The most frustrating thing about it is so many folk, including our own board members, ignore the issues as this contract is making us good money & don’t want to be seen to rock the boat. If castore were given the deserved rocket would make more money in the long run instead of losing customers every product launch.

Last edited:
I had heard one other person saying the same and to be fair the top was some state only one I've saw that had a fucked badge, like properly fucked.
That was after me chasing them up 3 months later after sending it back. Hadn’t realised they never refunded me had to jump through about 30 hoops to get the credit note. Would happily have kept the top if I was getting a full refund. Rules change depending who ye email clearly. B-D

That was after me chasing them up 3 months later after sending it back. Hadn’t realised they never refunded me had to jump through about 30 hoops to get the credit note. Would happily have kept the top if I was getting a full refund. Rules change depending who ye email clearly. B-D
Was totally expecting the self same scenario mate thank Christ somebody posted the concierge email contact.

The quality is laughable, the lack of acknowledgement is nothing short of whipping it out and taking a piss on the fans.
Castore may make a decent golf polo or whatever but they are not fit for purpose as a kit provider to a large fanbase.

Should have went with a more reputable brand.

All mine are still fine from last year, ordered the home top today so will update on that once it’s here.

Literally thousands of quality shirts have went out but lets focus on 5 or 6 bad shirts that can be easily exchanged

So many inaccuracies in one sentence.

When are folk going to wake up to the sub-standard dross we are continually being served at a ludicrous premium?!

The two castore brothers are being made multi millionaires off the back of this contract alone & will continue to treat us with disdain as long as there is this deflective attitude amongst our own. The viewpoint of ‘most items are fine therefore everything is ok‘ does a huge disservice to the huge number of fans who have been treated like sh*t by this mob. The club are no better ignoring these issues.

If you report an issue you do well to get a response followed by an offer of a voucher(‘compensation‘ offset against further business) as if that’s going to compensate for paying a fortune to walk about in damaged clothing.

Back