Pathetic Quality From Castore

No investigation for me yet.
I use the term “investigation” loosely.

I emailed them about the state of my home Pro top (lettering all coming off 32Red and inside collar etc. Only bought late February. Sent photos. Asked me if I wanted to get 20% refund and keep it or return for a full refund. Told them I wanted my full money back as it wasn’t fit for purpose and also chased them about my champions top order ~ AGAIN.

First response to enquiry got this reply
Regarding any outstanding orders from the champions shirt, we are aiming to get these orders dispatched and delivered to our customers as quickly as possible. Once the order has been dispatched you will receive an email confirmation with all of the tracking details

Again we Thank You for your continued support and we hope this is resolved shortly

Replied with this
Also your reply to my query about our outstanding orders of champions shirt doesn’t ring true when you’re now dispatching orders from SECOND batch yet we’ve not received ours from THE FIRST BATCH ORDER.

Why are 2nd batch being fulfilled when customers are still waiting for orders from 1st batch? Can you explain that please?”

I've also asked them several times about the discrepancy in first and second batch dispatch. Still to receive an answer.

Are you aware of any other contacts we can email, higher up the food chain?

I went on the site and finally found something at a price that it is worth. I guess you gotta wait till after the season?
I went on there at the start of the season, it was a hundred bucks for a damned shirt...two bills for a sweatshirt...Good Lord.
You would think they were hand sewn with angle hair at those prices.

No, sorry @nivena.

@Empire did say James Bisgrove and the Beahons (sp) we’re active on LinkedIn, but I’m not on there.

Do they reply to people on there? I've got a bit of feedback for them but not sure of the best place to contact them.

I placed an order (non Rangers stuff) through their site and realised I'd made mistake on one item. I contacted their conceirge email address immediately after placing the order asking them to change one item for another and, if they needed to call me to sort out the price descreancy to do so with my number provided

"Sorry, once an order is placed, we can't amend it" was the response.

It's just such a poor set up.

So now, they need to go through the rigmarole of sending out an item on for it to be returned immeidatley and then also send out the replacement item as well.

I never understand companies who want to make life harder as "that's just what the system does"

Fix the system then.

It's not a good enough excuse as far as service goes.

Last edited:
Me neither. Icing on the cake is reading SD are now selling the champions top.
I know. Poor from both Rangers and Castore.

4 adult tops arrived in 3 orders. Mine and grandsons (kids) ordered together are the ones we’re waiting for. A disgrace, as is the non communication. They might have got some leeway if they’d kept us informed, but this is ridiculous now as some 1st batch pre orders haven’t been fulfilled yet you can purchase from Fat Mike.

Totally Pissed off and feel like cancelling the order (as I luckily got one from @BriggsLoyal82) but the wee one is desperate for his.

I got mine months ago and have been wanting to send it back for ages but kept forgetting about it and now it’s too late. Apart from the generally substandard (but not horrific) Castore lettering, the central star above the badge is basically cut in half. Annoying as hell.

Yip poor show. I was caught in the fiasco of the preorder of the home replica top and now exactly the same again.

I won't be diving in this time and ordering online

Does anyone have any faith that the strips next season won't be substandard as well?

Put an order in, got confirmation, heard nothing for two weeks , contacted them, very busy etc etc, another three weeks, contacted them again, very sorry, no stock, order cancelled, why the fu,ck are they advertising stock they don’t have and why did it take 5 Bastard weeks to tell
Me!

Not really, to be honest.
Other than not buying them we've really no other option, the returns process is a joke. Why should I have to pay to return faulty or sub standard goods? even worse if you live abroad. the lack of any form of communication on any platform is amateurish at best.
Heard they've got a new manufacturer or something so that's really their only hope.

I've sent a champions shirt back over two weeks ago now for a full refund (which was a bit of a nightmare in itself) and have had no word on a refund or anything since.

Just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat?

It was a shambles trying to return. Clicked on the UK returns portal and was met with the message:

"Please note the Pre Ordered Champions Shirt cannot be returned via this portal"

What? Why? Explaining how I do return them might be an idea then, no?

After emailing Rangers concierge they explained I had to go through Hermes, and do a search for Castore, then organise a courier or pick up point and print off a returns label.

What a ball ache.

I've sent a champions shirt back over two weeks ago now for a full refund (which was a bit of a nightmare in itself) and have had no word on a refund or anything since.

It was a shambles trying to return. Clicked on the UK returns portal and was met with the message:

"Please note the Pre Ordered Champions Shirt cannot be returned via this portal"

After emailing Rangers concierge they explained I had to go through Hermes, and do a search for Castore, then organise a courier or pick up point and print off a returns label.

What a ball ache.
Absolute joke mate,I'm about to return mines and was also met with that message with the link they'd sent me.

What a ball ache.
@DazRFC

I had to return my grandsons strip as it was the wrong size. I returned exactly as instructed by Castore via Hermes and they (Castore) sent me the labels to print off and the drop off points.

Duly packaged up and took to drop off point getting a stamped receipt which was tracked.

Parcel didn’t move after being scanned in. Waited 14 days and contacted Castore who told me it was “lost” and they weren’t responsible and I’d have to take up with Hermes. Instantly replied that I’d done everything they instructed me to do AND I had a scanned receipt with tracking of THEIR parcel number and sent them picture of this. Later the same day I’d the money in my bank and an email stating they traced the parcel.

Chancing bastards.

@DazRFC

I had to return my grandsons strip as it was the wrong size. I returned exactly as instructed by Castore via Hermes and they (Castore) sent me the labels to print off and the drop off points.

Duly packaged up and took to drop off point getting a stamped receipt which was tracked.

Parcel didn’t move after being scanned in. Waited 14 days and contacted Castore who told me it was “lost” and they weren’t responsible and I’d have to take up with Hermes. Instantly replied that I’d done everything they instructed me to do AND I had a scanned receipt with tracking of THEIR parcel number and sent them picture of this. Later the same day I’d the money in my bank and an email stating they traced the parcel.

Chancing bastards.

Absolutely shocking that FFS

Put an order in, got confirmation, heard nothing for two weeks , contacted them, very busy etc etc, another three weeks, contacted them again, very sorry, no stock, order cancelled, why the fu,ck are they advertising stock they don’t have and why did it take 5 Bastard weeks to tell
Me!
Similar to my ongoing issue, after 2 weeks I contacted concierge, they told me order would be with me early the following week and even gave me a hermes tracking number, nothing has ever been dispatched. Emailed them again today, almost 5 weeks later for a refund, lost all faith in them and will not order online from them again

By a country mile, this is the worst quality kit we've ever had, the lettering is falling off every bit of kit ive purchased. Simply no where near good enough. Castore, Rangers, get this sorted.

Don't know about the quality .bit something needs done about that chap the door n runaway service called Hermes .shambles of a company been waiting on bucket jacket and 55 t-shirt said they were at my door and have cheek to send a picture utter shambles ....

I went on the site and finally found something at a price that it is worth. I guess you gotta wait till after the season?
I went on there at the start of the season, it was a hundred bucks for a damned shirt...two bills for a sweatshirt...Good Lord.
You would think they were hand sewn with angle hair at those prices.
701bbdfec8f0621ad907172fce86e562.gif

Don't know about the quality .bit something needs done about that chap the door n runaway service called Hermes .shambles of a company been waiting on bucket jacket and 55 t-shirt said they were at my door and have cheek to send a picture utter shambles ....
Did the same to me today, I was in all day, must have barely knocked, shambles of.a delivery firm.

It’s only going to get worse now they’re manufacturing kits for other teams. If they can’t keep up with demand and manufacture to a decent standard at the moment what chance do we have next year? Have bought some of their own branded stuff recently, pair of shorts at £60 got a hole in them after one wear. The only thing of real quality I’ve got from them was the £175 Garcia hoodie.

@DazRFC

Chancing bastards.

They’re a shower of shite

We’ve got the SLO on here and I’m pretty sure there’ll be other rangers staff that get made aware of what’s posted on here. What the %^*& are Rangers actually doing about Castore, nearly a year in and they’re still absolutely shite

What I don't understand is that there are 6000 posts on this thread complaining about the quality and service (or lack of) and people still throw their money at them

What I don't understand is that there are 6000 posts on this thread complaining about the quality and service (or lack of) and people still throw their money at them
Which is why Rangers and Castore don't care. People are still buying stuff regardless.

They will only do something if there is a noticeable drop in sales.

Previously when ordering items from Australia they would be shipped direct with DHL great tracking, prompt and efficient, best part of the Castore ordering service.
I bought loads of merchandise and great delivery even at the height of covid.

The latest one is my commemorative top which was handled initially by Hermes which surprised me they forwarded by email the tracking number and details to me, then it went to DHL must be a cheaper process or there is some kind of bulk discount through Hermes.

It is now a fu@king shambles all it says is in transit no details nothing, it was sent on the 4th.of June, and this is the last notification from an extra unnecessary cog in the delivery process.

08/06/2021 09:25
In Transit
Received & Processed at Deutsche Post Mail Terminal

It seems they have turned what was a highly efficient speedy informative delivery service that would have been delivered by now into crap delivery times and service. Why ? :mad:

This season coming I will cut my orders down approx 90% with only buying a home top and nothing else.
I want to give my money to Rangers but refuse to accept shite treatment and logos that peel off away and third tops and training gear, Rangers will lose money because of they way people have been treated.

Last edited:
Apparently my Champions top just arrived. Im in the US so hopefully they are starting to clear out the backlog of orders.

Unfortunately im working in a different city so havnt been able to inspect the quality yet. This thread is giving me the fear.

What a ball ache.
I was, I’ll post my experience below.

My last four orders.

1. Navy training t shirt, four weeks after order, no arrival. Chase, told replaced with another item I didn’t want and I needed to pay £10 more for it. Zero communication until I chased then took fortnight to sort refund.

2. Bucket hat, ordered snd arrrived without issue. But did take 10 days to ship stock it appeared they were holding but obviously weren’t.

3. junior home top. Ordered first April, start of this week still no shirt abs zero correspondence in intervening 10 weeks as to where it is or when I could reasonably expect it. Email concierge some pathetic excuse and refunded immediately but 10 weeks on from my order.

4. Champions shirt. I was within the first 500 orders based on order number at times for first batch. Ordered on the 7th March and Got mine eventually at the end of May. The quality was utterly appalling. Like many others, I tried to return only to find out for the champions shirt you cannot use the standard return method so that was another email to concierge. They then send you through a Hermes return and I got it posted and away at end May. This week chased by email, provided proof of postage, never been received and I got full refund and apology.

The level of service we are getting is beyond a joke, particularly when these issues have been known about for months, in fact probably nearly a year now. I have absolutely zero faith that the new top launch will be any different as the same issues now we’re the issues at the start. A total farce which the club appear to not give a single %^*& about or it would have been sorted.

I've bought a few items (around 10) but got them delivered to my Scottish address because I was told they don't deliver here, I was told to switch to the Spanish site where everything is much more expensive. I'm going to put a stop to purchases until I see what I've been sent, not looking forward to that. I can just add that the Hummel purchase's arrived 10 days after purchase and there were some issues that were resolved promptly I didn't have to return the item but was issued a refund, much better all round service.

Ordered the EOS training top the other week when there was a discount code to get it for half price. Over a week later and had no update on the delivery sent them an email asking about it. Couple days later got a reply saying that there was an issue with the stock and they offered me a refund or credit to use on the website.

Absolute shambles. The customer shouldn't be the one having to chase that up. If I hadn't emailed them I hate to think how long I would have to wait for an email from them.

I've bought a few items (around 10) but got them delivered to my Scottish address because I was told they don't deliver here, I was told to switch to the Spanish site where everything is much more expensive. I'm going to put a stop to purchases until I see what I've been sent, not looking forward to that. I can just add that the Hummel purchase's arrived 10 days after purchase and there were some issues that were resolved promptly I didn't have to return the item but was issued a refund, much better all round service.
Far better quality as well.

My last four orders.

1. Navy training t shirt, four weeks after order, no arrival. Chase, told replaced with another item I didn’t want and I needed to pay £10 more for it. Zero communication until I chased then took fortnight to sort refund.

2. Bucket hat, ordered snd arrrived without issue. But did take 10 days to ship stock it appeared they were holding but obviously weren’t.

3. junior home top. Ordered first April, start of this week still no shirt abs zero correspondence in intervening 10 weeks as to where it is or when I could reasonably expect it. Email concierge some pathetic excuse and refunded immediately but 10 weeks on from my order.

4. Champions shirt. I was within the first 500 orders based on order number at times for first batch. Ordered on the 7th March and Got mine eventually at the end of May. The quality was utterly appalling. Like many others, I tried to return only to find out for the champions shirt you cannot use the standard return method so that was another email to concierge. They then send you through a Hermes return and I got it posted and away at end May. This week chased by email, provided proof of postage, never been received and I got full refund and apology.

The level of service we are getting is beyond a joke, particularly when these issues have been known about for months, in fact probably nearly a year now. I have absolutely zero faith that the new top launch will be any different as the same issues now we’re the issues at the start. A total farce which the club appear to not give a single %^*& about or it would have been sorted.
Maybe @Greg Marshall could update us on whether the club are doing anything on behalf of the supporters to sort this out?
I've honestly never seen this level of incompetence in retail in my life. Castore bit off more than they could chew and have now rammed even more into their gobs with Wolves and Newcastle.

Most people are perfectly happy, FF is a bubble where people are now looking for FF points if they can find something about Castore to complain about.

I have bought plenty and had absolutely no issues with the quality, as have most people.

Most people are perfectly happy, FF is a bubble where people are now looking for FF points if they can find something about Castore to complain about.

I have bought plenty and had absolutely no issues with the quality, as have most people.
Most people aren't. Unless you don't have twitter or facebook.

You've not had issues, great. But don't try and make out its all rosy and we are just moaning for the sake of it

Yes and FF started only last season when Castore took over. Or else we'd have seen an avalanche of complaints for every kit supplier before. That makes perfect sense Dr. Pangloss.

Social media isn't real life mate.
we are just making it up for no reason on here.
Just for "staunch points"?
I personally (not on social media) know that myself, my brothers (two of them), and at least 7 other folk have had to return stuff. Ranging from the home shirt, training tees and champions shirt. It is an issue. If you don't believe that for some reason then more power to you, I fully expect to see you on this thread in a few months moaning about your Castor shirt with the 2red sponsor. Its a lottery. Seems you've been a winner so far.

Last edited:
we are just making it up for no reason on here.
Just for "staunch points"?
I personally (not on social media) know that myself, my brothers (two of them), and at least 7 other folk have had to return stuff. Ranging from the home shirt, training tees and champions shirt. It is an issue. If you don't believe that for some reason then more power to you, I fully expect to see you on this thread in a few months moaning about your Castor shirt with the 2red sponsor. Its a lottery. Seems you've been a winner so far.
Yes I do believe some people are now actively seeking out things to moan about for staunch points on this thread.

Yes I do believe some people are now actively seeking out things to moan about for staunch points on this thread.

I disagree.

People just want us not to have the worst quality merchandise that we’ve ever had.

They also want the deal to be a success because it’s financially brilliant for the club.

However, there is great concern that Castore and the club don’t seem to be bothered that the quality and customer service is pathetic.

Things need to improve considerably.

I disagree.

People just want us not to have the worst quality merchandise that we’ve ever had.

They also want the deal to be a success because it’s financially brilliant for the club.

However, there is great concern that Castore and the club don’t seem to be bothered that the quality and customer service is NON EXISTENT.

Things need to improve considerably.
Fixed that for you

Back