Pathetic Quality From Castore

I'm the same. Would love us to have a premium British brand supplying us with bespoke kits and training/casual wear.

Unfortunately, in my experience at least (and I appreciate many have had positive experiences), the quality/service has been abysmal.

I will continue to buy merch to support our club financially, and hope that the quality improves, but the club is taking the fans for mugs by not at least acknowledging the problems.
Its like last season, we were told it was a minority and that was that really. End of the day while people keep buying the club and castore wont care. Money is all that matters which is fair enough.

I bought the track bottoms at £65 when they went ‘on sale’. The non Rangers ones. Plain black with Castore logo.

Bobbled and frayed all around the pockets. Catches on anything. Not had them 6 months.

Ordered 2 tops for my both my sons upcoming birthdays and only one arrived though the slip says that 2 tops were in package . Package hadn’t been opened so can only think that whoever packed them can’t count up to 2 .

unless they have considerably changed the fabric - buy adidas

I sent two pairs back - bobbled horribly
I can concur with this. Got last year’s ones and bobbled instantly and logos peeled off. Easily the worst thing I got from Castore. Interested to see if any other people have experience with this year’s pair as they look nice

First chance I had yesterday to hold up the new top next to last seasons .

I need to be honest visually I much prefer last seasons . Is it just me or is the blue colour on the new top a kind of weaker, washed out looking blue ? Certainly in comparison to last years . It doesn’t have that lovely deep royal blue stand out quality anymore.

I am disappointed with the sponsor - it’s definitely not gold , it’s a yellow/orange colour . To me it looks and feels quite cheap .

A defined improvement is the moving the stars away from the crest - this is huge . So plus points for that . I also feel perhaps the material is slightly better quality than last years .

All in all considering it’s our 150th top I’m a bit disappointed . It’s not a horrible top by any means and grown men greeting about kit design is a weird spectacle . However truth be told it could and should have been a lot better . Just my take on it , still purchased for the lad .

It has taken me six weeks and numerous emails to finally get a refund for a shambolic champions jersey with terrible embroidery.

The customer service is just as bad as the quality of the merch.

Slightly off topic, but reckon we will see the new away kit soon.. Bumped into Defoe after work outside Ibrox, had his boots in his hand, and the pitch isn't down yet so assuming it's for a photoshoot or something.

Ordered 2 tops for my both my sons upcoming birthdays and only one arrived though the slip says that 2 tops were in package . Package hadn’t been opened so can only think that whoever packed them can’t count up to 2 .
I am in the same boat, ordered 2 x Home tops and 1 x white training top, only 1 home and the training top arrived. Packing slip says all three were packed, it’s a bit of a joke TBH and trying to get somebody to take ownership is even worse.

My mates package arrived, which was supposed to be the home top. But it was ripped open and nothing in it! He's struggling to get a refund off Castore but has only been dealing with them through email. Has anyone dealt with them over the phone?

I've decided to wait till one of their random sales to buy my gear this year, although admittedly got caught in the moment and got the new home top on day it was released.

I am in the same boat, ordered 2 x Home tops and 1 x white training top, only 1 home and the training top arrived. Packing slip says all three were packed, it’s a bit of a joke TBH and trying to get somebody to take ownership is even worse.
Weve emailed them back telling them there was only 1 and they’ve said there were 2 sent and asked if there were any signs of damage to the packaging which there wasn’t .
They said they might have to do a police report which we are perfectly happy for them to do.

Happy enough with my home top so far. Glad the badge and castore part are embroidered. Still shitting myself when I’ve to wash it lol

Its very similar colour and look to Brighton’s home top last season

Just received the blue and orange sleeved 1/4 top and absolutely delighted with it. Having been critical of some products before this seems an absolutely class bit of kit

Short of targeting them on LinkedIn (last resort) does anyone have a meaningful contact for these charlatans?
No point mate, I emailed them on their concierge email address (which is the contact to use) and they still haven't replied over two weeks later. they are a shambles and the club should be looking after the fans and backing them here, it is simply not good enough to expect us to buy products with so many complaints coming in and no customer service to back it up.

We deserve so much better after starving Ashley of funds for so many years to help the club.

My mate who’s 32 Red is peeling after one wash is taking it back to the shop today for a refund.

He’s adamant he never boil washed it as his last season home top is fine.

First chance I had yesterday to hold up the new top next to last seasons .

I need to be honest visually I much prefer last seasons . Is it just me or is the blue colour on the new top a kind of weaker, washed out looking blue ? Certainly in comparison to last years . It doesn’t have that lovely deep royal blue stand out quality anymore.

I am disappointed with the sponsor - it’s definitely not gold , it’s a yellow/orange colour . To me it looks and feels quite cheap .

A defined improvement is the moving the stars away from the crest - this is huge . So plus points for that . I also feel perhaps the material is slightly better quality than last years .

All in all considering it’s our 150th top I’m a bit disappointed . It’s not a horrible top by any means and grown men greeting about kit design is a weird spectacle . However truth be told it could and should have been a lot better . Just my take on it , still purchased for the lad .
I thought the Hummel blue was a great shade.
watching some of the reruns on sky and it’s a lot vibrant than the castore shade.

They’ve just launched a t shirt and scarf in honour of the Arsenal game.

Get it to %^*&

Just seen it, what were they expecting mass sales of t shirts you can wear while watching the game in your living room waving a half and half scarve?? Someone needs a boot in the baws, hope they never mass produced either product. I get the whole sell everything make money for club, but this is way too far.

Folk complaining about them releasing new bits are genuinely crazy.

We spent year after year complaining that we could not buy anything and now we can, it is too much.

If you want an Arsenal friendly shirt, buy it. If you do not, well, the answer is pretty self evident.

I guess I have been lucky in that not one item I have bought has been sub-standard so the overall message of the thread is not for me but seeing people moaning about new items for sale absolutely baffles me to be honest. Perhaps consider phoning the police to report whoever it is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy things you do not want?

We spent year after year complaining that we could not buy anything and now we can, it is too much.

If you want an Arsenal friendly shirt, buy it. If you do not, well, the answer is pretty self evident.

I guess I have been lucky in that not one item I have bought has been sub-standard so the overall message of the thread is not for me but seeing people moaning about new items for sale absolutely baffles me to be honest. Perhaps consider phoning the police to report whoever it is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy things you do not want?
I think, in the main, peoples issues with all the new ranges is they can’t perfect the items they have already out and stuff like stock issues etc as well

I agree to an extent, but releasing a t shirt and scarves for a friendly with essentially no fans allowed? £28 for the t shirt which is mental in itself. Someone in our marketing dept has lost the plot somewhere. General tat like rubber ducks, cups, car air freshners, etc are all fine, let the fans spend money on a back scratcher, but when you try to cash in on a friendly for me it is too much especially when there will be questions on the quality of it, further devaluing the brand value of the merchandise.

I agree to an extent, but releasing a t shirt and scarves for a friendly with essentially no fans allowed? £28 for the t shirt which is mental in itself. Someone in our marketing dept has lost the plot somewhere. General tat like rubber ducks, cups, car air freshners, etc are all fine, let tye fans spend money on a back scratcher, but when you try to cash in on a friendly for me it is too much especially when there will be questions on the quality of it, further devaluing the brand value of the merchandise.
I am not in retail, however, I would suggest the market dictates what is released and trends, research and experience will have told someone that they can make a few quid by releasing the shirt and scarf.

The absolute ultimate point on it is absolutely clear and simple; Nobody has to buy anything. Moaning about being given MORE options is actually pathetic from folk and clearly shows that they are looking for excuses to piss and moan. Perhaps it is just folk at the end of their tether with Castore in general, which is fair enough, but having a go at them for doing the exact thing we all wanted them to do is just folk going out of their way to be pissed off.

I do not want to buy a god damned Toyota. I do not get upset when I see their shitty adverts all the time. I am absolutely at liberty to buy a Toyota or not to buy a Toyota. The fact Toyota exists and I could buy one is not a reason for me to be pissed off. I just will not buy one.

I am not in retail, however, I would suggest the market dictates what is released and trends, research and experience will have told someone that they can make a few quid by releasing the shirt and scarf.

The absolute ultimate point on it is absolutely clear and simple; Nobody has to buy anything. Moaning about being given MORE options is actually pathetic from folk and clearly shows that they are looking for excuses to piss and moan. Perhaps it is just folk at the end of their tether with Castore in general, which is fair enough, but having a go at them for doing the exact thing we all wanted them to do is just folk going out of their way to be pissed off.

I do not want to buy a god damned Toyota. I do not get upset when I see their shitty adverts all the time. I am absolutely at liberty to buy a Toyota or not to buy a Toyota. The fact Toyota exists and I could buy one is not a reason for me to be pissed off. I just will not buy one.

Think you are missing the point.

Rangers fans love a moan.

They perfected the Toyota sign not falling off after one car wash before releasing new Toyotas though.

Releasing the arsenal t shirt that you won't get until after the game is just embarrassing in my opinion. Wow we played arsenal in a friendly.

Be surprised if it sells more than a couple of dozen.

No, I am getting it. People are moaning because they now have a choice they previously did not have and are trying to justify it in weird and wonderful ways.

If you want to buy a shirt, buy it. If you do not want to buy it, don't. Nothing else at all should have to be said.

No you compared it to buying a specific brand of car. You don't support the car brand. It doesn't give you goosebumps, take you to heights of ecstacy and dump you in pits of despair. Thete is no emotional attachment. The club and castore have been made aware they are stretching themselves too thin, producing lesser quality items in volume to make money. Now end of season celebration, anniversary etc I'm in, all the way. A half and half scarf and a pretty poor looking t-shirt for a pre season friendly with 2000 fans is taking the piss. Yeah, dont buy it if you don't want it, fine, and as long as its all on Castores budget for unsold items great. What's next though, do we have a Madrid one next week, how about qualified for CL in a few weeks, maybe a commemorative pumped the scum 8-0 after we skelp them in august, %^*& it, let's get a happy birthday gaffer t-shirt out, someone grab me a calender...

No you compared it to buying a specific brand of car. You don't support the car brand. It doesn't give you goosebumps, take you to heights of ecstacy and dump you in pits of despair. Thete is no emotional attachment. The club and castore have been made aware they are stretching themselves too thin, producing lesser quality items in volume to make money. Now end of season celebration, anniversary etc I'm in, all the way. A half and half scarf and a pretty poor looking t-shirt for a pre season friendly with 2000 fans is taking the piss. Yeah, dont buy it if you don't want it, fine, and as long as its all on Castores budget for unsold items great. What's next though, do we have a Madrid one next week, how about qualified for CL in a few weeks, maybe a commemorative pumped the scum 8-0 after we skelp them in august, %^*& it, let's get a happy birthday gaffer t-shirt out, someone grab me a calender...
Sorry, I was not expecting you take things quite as literally as that.

You hit the nail on the head when you said 'Yeah, dont buy it if you don't want it, fine, and as long as its all on Castores budget for unsold items great.'

That is all you needed to say. All anyone needed to say. It is on Castore, they are licensed to use Rangers branding. You can relax a little about it now.

Re Macron - My kid loved Ejaria whilst he was up here so he bought a Reading top with Ejaria on the back of it last season with his Xmas money.

The difference in terms of quality and durability compared to the Castore kit is staggering. It's not even close. We're being short changed at every turn by the Brookside Brothers.
I've got a couple of Lazio tops, that are about 3 years old made by Macron's, even sponsorship free, that being the reason I bought them too.

They are still in excellent condition, but when macron were mentioned on here as a possible shirt supplier, we were told by many that we shouldn't be dealing with a Mickey mouse company like them, even though they deal with top italian clubs.

As for nike, after the abomination of one of Italy's classic tops, what they've done to the inter top is downright criminal. Nike should stick to athletics.

Back