Pathetic Quality From Castore

Looks like Golfer Patrick Reed could only stomach their shoddy shirts for 3 months before deciding to sack Castore

I bought a orange “performance” golf polo. Nowhere in the advert does it say it’s 100% Cotton, you get the impression it’s a fancy fabric. When it arrived it looked like a £5 “fruit of the loom” knock off (and was even made in Turkey ). Sent it straight back.

I have one small gripe with regards to the recent castore stuff.
Nothing major but having paid £95 for the anthem jacket I'd have expected the badges to be be embroidered rather than the iron on transfers, I just got the £68 1/4 zip up and that has embroidered badges and feels far superior quality despite being £27 cheaper.

It's not difficult to come to the conclusion that we've been done by this pair of chancers. It's worse that the club see £s so don't care. We've been there before

I think they also need to offer some express shipping options. Two people I've spoken to this week have ordered new tops from SportsDirect rather than the club because they have a next-day delivery option.

Nothing major but having paid £95 for the anthem jacket I'd have expected the badges to be be embroidered rather than the iron on transfers, I just got the £68 1/4 zip up and that has embroidered badges and feels far superior quality despite being £27 cheaper.

That's bad the anthem jacket not having embroidered badges.

I've recently got the 1/4 zip with the orange sleeves and the material feels very good and as you say embroidered badges.

I bought a orange “performance” golf polo. Nowhere in the advert does it say it’s 100% Cotton, you get the impression it’s a fancy fabric. When it arrived it looked like a £5 “fruit of the loom” knock off (and was even made in Turkey ). Sent it straight back.
I got a golf polo from Castore and it is very good. Not cotton and very light weight.

I got a couple of 20-21 champions tops and the stitching on CA5TORE :eek: looks as though it's been done by someone who's a 6 year old or on the turps, their quality control is non existent.

Last edited:
Could it be that it's showerproof or some sort of waterproof material that an embroidered badge isn't really used on?

This is how gold should look on a football kit:

rYQ3QiI.jpg

I’m guessing the lack of updates on this regarding the new kits would suggest that so far it would seem that the quality has improved? Early days but I would expect that some people’s home kits will have had a right good few washes by now

I’m guessing the lack of updates on this regarding the new kits would suggest that so far it would seem that the quality has improved? Early days but I would expect that some people’s home kits will have had a right good few washes by now

no issues with my home too at all.
Ive now threw my orange training top from last year out, it was unwearable. After just a couple of washes it started to peel, looked awful.

Yes, this thread is a clear example of things improving. Haha.

Whilst not perfect, my home shirt is far better made than last years.

That’s a good point.

Apart from the away kit we haven't had anything new for a couple weeks now. What's going on!

The 'Flag Day Range' was all ready to go but it's had to be put on hold as Flag Day has been pushed back.

The half Rangers/half Livingston scarves should be out by full time on Saturday though.

So i bought the 55 champions anthem jacket at £75, the navy and gold one and the badges are embroidered but the transfers on the sleeves and back are terrible quality. So much do that the size and castore badge inside have cracked and are peeling and ive hardly worn it. I’ve complained to the store and can send it back for a full refund or get 20% off if i keep it. I’m raging as their stuff is crap through the Rangers store. The gear i’ve bought on their shop is much better but not only that. I have 15 year old shorts with a Tennents logo on them thats in better nick and they’ve been in hot tubs, washed at %^*& knows what and i’ve used fabric doftener. Its itter shite that thry cant get this shit right.

i’m raging with the offer tbh, 20% off in the shop is f all and if I send it back i then dont have any 55 gear, which i wanted as a souvenir. Guess i’ll stick it in the cupboard and never wear it again in that case though.

Ive now threw my orange training top from last year out, it was unwearable. After just a couple of washes it started to peel, looked awful.
Which is inexcusable really, I wore a 10 year old top to Ibrox for Brighton and it was in better nick than some peoples champion tops.
I really want to get a shirt this season but it’s more hassle than it’s worth

My orange top has been through the washer twice & it looks OK.

So far.

I agree. I really don’t like ironed on badges so actively avoid anything with that, including the anthem jacket which I quite liked style wise. I’ve got a couple of the 1/4 zip training tops (navy champions one and the blue/orange one) with embroidered badges, much better in my opinion. And, to be fair, the material and quality of them seems good to me.

Seems to me that the trick with Castore merchandise is to be very particular about what items to buy, the inconsistency in terms of quality is the problem.

Hopefully we have a ‘break’ period and we can non this mob after this season. When we win the league and go straight in the Champions League you would like to think we can attract a Nike or Adidas.

95 quid for anything with an iron transfer is a disgrace tbh

Can’t help but laugh at how much we’ve been shafted with the shade of gold used compared to the proper one Newcastle have got.
mate literally just having the same conversation with mates

Question needs to be asked to the club and castore - the shade of yellow used on the sponsor on our shirt has irked me from the day it launched … that Newcastle shirt just rubs it in

ps … nice kit the Newcastle one ha !

mate literally just having the same conversation with mates

Question needs to be asked to the club and castore - the shade of yellow used on the sponsor on our shirt has irked me from the day it launched … that Newcastle shirt just rubs it in

ps … nice kit the Newcastle one ha !
It's a far better offering than the guff they've been serving upto us. The yellowness of our gold is embarrassing.

Castore are offering free delivery for 24 hours on their site but not the Rangers official one.

Certainly a different shade of gold than they’ve used on Rangers shirts. Still rank rotten all the same, but shows the difference already that they’ll put more thought into the EPL cash cows
I like the top and the shade of “ gold “ they have went for on our top really irritates me , it’s not gold .. it’s yellow

it’s a big thing because the only reason they have” gold “ on our top is for the 150th year , they might aswell have kept it white for me…..

Can’t help but laugh at how much we’ve been shafted with the shade of gold used compared to the proper one Newcastle have got.

Surely that's on Rangers though? The club must have signed off on the designs. They wouldn't have just given Castore carte blanche to do what they wanted. Unless the colour that came out is different from the designs.

Back