Pathetic Quality From Castore

I’ve had my issues with Castore earlier in this thread. Waited four years to get my 4 year old a Rangers top. It’s been washed a maximum 6/7 times (the correct way, low heat, inside out etc) and the badge, five stars and the majority of Castore writing has all peeled off.

My missus started up a small business as a hobby, printing onto jute bags, hats, t-shirts etc. She bought a cricut machine and prints vinyl onto said items. She’s not had a single complaint about any of the vinyl peeling off. Even our daughters water bottle that goes through the dishwasher on a daily basis hasn’t started peeling.

I don’t understand why the quality of the football range is so poor? The golf and running range is excellent, golf clothing especially.

They really need up their quality levels, even more so as we enter our 150th anniversary.

Feel your pain mate, this is my sons top (age 3). Arrived here (Australia) beginning of February

182-BFAD8-658-B-4484-B350-B9-D8-FC1-AA871.png

Fucking hell :))

I wonder if any other team’s support defend the indefensible.
So you are saying that once an item has been reduced for a Sale, let's say in November, it should never be restored to its normal price? F*cking Hell indeed.

As can be seen from the Spurs example, not every club has slashed the prices of this seasons kit yet. Of course it will happen and it will happen at Rangers as well. Hence my earlier posts about waiting for the price to come down again - as we both know it will.

There's plenty to have a go at Castore about, as this thread indicates, but I don't get the seethe about this particular point.

Last edited:
So you saying that once an item has been reduced for a Sale, let's say in November, it should never be restored to its normal price? F*cking Hell indeed.

As can be seen from the Spurs example, not every club has slashed the prices of this seasons kit yet. Of course it will happen and it will happen at Rangers as well. Hence my earlier posts about waiting for the price to come down again - as we both know it will.

There's plenty to have a go at Castore about, as this thread indicates, but I don't get the seethe about this particular point.
I’m saying a company putting an item on sale then bumping the price back up because it becomes available again is a fucking joke.

I’ve never seen this with another football club; never.

I’m still willing to give them a chance next season and will probably spend the best part of a grand on merchandise (again) but anyone being truly honest with themselves couldn’t and shouldn’t defend them.

I’m saying a company putting an item on sale then bumping the price back up because it becomes available again is a fucking joke.

I’m still willing to give them a chance next season and will probably spend the best part of a grand on merchandise (again) but anyone being truly honest with themselves couldn’t and shouldn’t defend them.
Item sells out in Sale - Sale ends - Item comes into stock again at regular price. That's how it kinda works. If folk really, really want the Third kit (but have waited all this time to buy it) then I'm sure they are sensible enough to wait just that wee bit longer until its on Sale again. As it undoubtedly will be.

I can appreciate the complaints about quality, though its not affected me personally, but this just seems such a trivial point for anybody to get their knickers in a twist about.

Item sells out in Sale - Sale ends - Item comes into stock again at regular price. That's how it kinda works. If folk really, really want the Third kit (but have waited all this time to buy it) then I'm sure they are sensible enough to wait just that wee bit longer until its on Sale again. As it undoubtedly will be.

I can appreciate the complaints about quality, though its not affected me personally, but this just seems such a trivial point for anybody to get their knickers in a twist about.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

As someone who already owns the items in question i think I’m in a decent position to pass judgement on this decision.

I think it’s a farce.

Just had a mail advising that the stuff I ordered at the start of the month has been cancelled due to insufficient stock - not a happy bear.
They send the mails out advertising junior stuff on sale then 3 weeks later I have to chase to find out where they are and they cancel the order with this bullshit, then to rub salt in the mail I get says the cancellation was at my request - joke.

Mailing back a rant, I know it won't do any good but I need to ;let them know they are a disgrace, anyone got a Rangers mail I can copy in to my response so someone at the club at least hears what a shambles they are ?

#BETTERNEVERSTOPS ? you can fck right off

Have the Castore items you bought been ok mate? We're quite keen to know but you are remaining tight lipped about it.

End of season stuff arrived today. Seems good quality. Good sign for next season.

0oYJNs5.jpg

sbQ4y2e.jpg

GH21YNt.jpg
Looks quality. Although it's probably the printed on badges/logos etc that's the main issue eh? I haven't went right through this thread but haven't noticed anyone complain about any embroidered badges etc being poor.

It's not just the merchandise made for Joe Public either. Time and again we're seeing players in front of the camera giving interviews with the printed on parts of their shirts, top or jackets falling off too.

Hopefully moving forward (next seasons stuff) these issues are no longer issues.

Mine arrived today as well size large and seems consistent with the retro kit

Typically it’s all out of stock!

Kicking myself for being a lazy bassa and not moving in it last week!

The simplistic design and the fact that there’s no sponsor makes it even better!

Castore certainly seem to have upped their game with this.

My relatively limited experience of Castore is:

Home kit - Piss poor in general imo versus the standard of the other white, black and retro kits.

White Away kit - good quality although inside writing as started to come off

Retro kit - absolutely fantastic

Orange training tshirt - as per white away kit (decent, no significant issues)

Navy training tracksuit - looks great but built for photo-shoots, certainly not built to last the test of time (since Xmas)

The castore branding at the bottom of my wee mans black away shirt has started to come off. Pretty disappointing considering it cost £45 just for shirt for a 5 year old when you can get shirt, shirt and socks of other teams for the same price. Don’t mind paying for quality if we actually get quality.

This shambles will be getting sent back on Monday morning. The embroidery of the castore emblem, champions 55, and badge are all miles off on an angle, and not centred.

You can't tell from the picture but when on the collar doesn't line up with the rest of the shirt. You'd think a blind man had put this thing together. An absolute joke.

This shambles will be getting sent back on Monday morning. The embroidery of the castore emblem, champions 55, and badge are all miles off on an angle, and not centred.

You can't tell from the picture but when on the collar doesn't line up with the rest of the shirt. You'd think a blind man had put this thing together. An absolute joke.

Will this shit with Castore ever end?

Do we really think things are going to improve?

That’s absolutely abysmal.

The point in a sale is to get it moving. It’s moved, it’s back. It’s no longer on sale.
Do you complain at the shops when they take items off sale? Do you call tesco out when they change their sale items?

A on the Castore stitching and the 2 on 21 is like a Z compared to the 2 on 20

Castore have to come out and make a statement regarding this utter clusterf*ck.

fans merchandise aside there is a player or member of the back room team EVERY game we play that is wearing something that has a Castore logo missing or hanging off. If they can’t even get the players and staff gear right what chance do the broader public have?

Rangers should be looking to cut all ties with these charlatans for continued ineptness

Last edited:

A on the Castore stitching and the 2 on 21 is like a compared to the 2 on 20

fans merchandise aside there is a player or member of the back room team EVERY game we play that is wearing something that has a Castore logo missing or hanging off. If they can’t even get the players and staff gear right what chance do the broader public have?

Rangers should be looking to cut all ties with these charlatans for continued ineptness
That's f@cking shocking.

A on the Castore stitching and the 2 on 21 is like a compared to the 2 on 20

That’s embarrassing.

Castore show no signs of improving.

Really poor from carstore. Fans are paying a lot of money for this. Hopefully it's a one off but somehow I don't think it will be.

Every single game our players have strips with badges hanging off. :rolleyes:

read the post again

players, management or backroom team

be in training wear during the warm up, strips during game or interviews after, there is something.

aye it doesn’t sound good but it’s there

The pics of the Champions Shirts are really bad, you’d expect nothing like that on regular gear never mind ltd edition specials. I’d be sending it back and complaining, that type of product quality fail should bring recompense for sure.

In terms of the stuff peeling and not lasting that sounds like washing errors to me. I’ve had some issues with the sizing being a bit wonky but the actual quality of the shirts I’ve bought is pretty good.

Had to email today to arrange return of the wee mans black and orange kit, bought at Christmas, washed correctly, but all the printing has peeled off.
Pretty poor from a quality company, IMHO.

The pics of the Champions Shirts are really bad, you’d expect nothing like that on regular gear never mind ltd edition specials. I’d be sending it back and complaining, that type of product quality fail should bring recompense for sure.

In terms of the stuff peeling and not lasting that sounds like washing errors to me. I’ve had some issues with the sizing being a bit wonky but the actual quality of the shirts I’ve bought is pretty good.

FFS, are we still saying the logos peeling are our fans not being able to use a washing machine properly?

This is 100% a Castore problem and nothing to do with our fans’ ability to wash clothes.

FFS, are we still saying the logos peeling are our fans not being able to use a washing machine properly?

This is 100% a Castore problem and nothing to do with our fans’ ability to wash clothes.
I’m thinking since it’s batch production if you had manufacturing defects itd manifest in most if not all products but a lot of people are saying the stuff is good. I have mentioned before it may be the production itself that means the items need to be treated delicately and if not you’ll get peels etc. The effect of peeling does suggest a temperature issue , just IMO.

That’s only regarding those specific issues , as I said the quality fails around stitching etc I’d be complaining about and seeking recompense.

Its like Russian roulette every time you put a printed item in the wash.I have some stuff that are peeled to feck and others ok.Worse of mine are the orange training top and the navy travel polo.Rachel Riley couldn't make anything with the letters left on them.

Back