Pathetic Quality From Castore

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
Purchased this on Friday:

RFC COTTON LS TEE - NAVY/WHITE; RFC COTTON SWEATER - NAVY/WHITE; RFC COTTON HOODY - NAVY/WHITE.

I was £160 for that lot.
However, I’ve just received them, and I'm disgusted with the lack of quality.

On the sweater, the Castore words are missing letters and the Castore logo isn't straight.
The RFC crest is also miles off being straight.

The t-shirt and hoodie are OK on this front, but the quality in general leaves a lot to be desired.

Are normal Castore items made in India like this cheap shit?
And when I say cheap shit, I mean the quality – not the prices, which are anything but cheap.

I'm so disgusted with the poor quality of the sweater that I'm returning all three.

I've got the home and away shirt, but these will be my last Castore purchases unless the item is embroidered.

Gutted not to be able to support my club.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I had a quick look on Twitter (which I'm not on, thankfully), and if you search for Castore, it's full of Rangers fans highlighting the poor quality of items, if they actually receive them that is.

This must be doing untold damage to the Castore brand.
A company who prides itself on being premium and the manufacturer of the world's highest quality sportswear are currently a laughing stock.

If I was involved with Castore, I'd be sorting this as a matter of urgency before the entire brand is irreparably damaged.

They are a lot of very unhappy vocal Rangers fans out there just now...

Updated (Post #4,915) – My Football Shirts Are Falling To Pieces​

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...falling-to-pieces.131069/page-99#post-8603045

Last edited:
A lot of the lifestyle gear is normal Castore stuff with a Rangers and Castore transfer stuck on to them. Must admit that when I saw them in the store I thought it cheapened the look of the gear and if I was buying them, I’d probably opt for unbranded versions as they look better. Not surprised some of the badges haven’t come out great tbh.

I got one of the training top and the heat press from the machine that adds the logos is clearly visible, even in the official photos.

I think the Castore logo is meant to be wonky.

It doesn’t line up with the lines on the training shirt either.

Disappointing to see that. I’ll definitely be making any purchases in store, once initial rush is passed and stock levels are back. Means I can have a good look over rather than taking the luck of an online order.

It’s a balancing act for them as they were clearly trying to produce much higher numbers than ever before in a short period of time, but Looks like that’s had a big impact on quality unfortunately

If you've been in the store, their more casual offerings like the tshirts and jumpers have the Castore and Rangers logos transferred on and it looks cheap as hell. Fair play to anyone buying it but I'll stick to jerseys or training gear.

I’ve ordered the grey hoody (at £65 I may add) but seems it’ll be going back!

Poor.

I received my limited edition cap on Saturday and it’s not good quality, made in China label

Very disappointed we are getting the second rate stuff as the golf polos are all top notch

where is the training wear manufactured?

I thought all items were manufactured in facilities in Portugal?

This is highly embarrassing for the club and Castore, being broadcast on the biggest online fans forum, and by an admin as well.

I wondered whether I should post as I don't want the deal to get negative publicity – but I felt I have a duty to raise this issue.

Our fans are spending hundreds and thousands on merchandise – and are continually being let down by Castore.

India? Didn't they make a big song and dance of making stuff in UK and Portugal? Tbh, the prices are utterly ridiculous, and quite frankly, the designs, outwith the strip's and some training gear, are bland as %^*&

I think they said that they used UK and Portugal at the time but we’re planning on broadening their supply chain to mid and Far East Asia to combat the tsunami of orders and general growth of the business.

What's the email address? It's concierge something or other.
I sent a top back because of similar problems on 6th August but I haven't heard anything and when I tried to track the parcel it says no details can be found.

I have this and it's actually decent.
It would seem to be the case it is a bit of a lottery the quality of the stuff people are receiving.

I don't think there is any doubting the gear the players and staff are enjoying, but this new company have quite clearly bitten off more than they can chew in regards to the demand.

I wondered whether I should post as I don't want the deal to get negative publicity – but I felt I have a duty to raise this issue.

Our fans are spending hundreds and thousands on merchandise – and are continually being let down by Castore.
It was not a dig at you mate, I'm in complete agreement.

It would seem to be the case it is a bit of a lottery the quality of the stuff people are receiving.

I don't think there is any doubting the gear the players and staff are enjoying, but this new company have quite clearly bitten off more than they can chew in regards to the demand.
Definitely a lottery. I got mine in store so had time to give it a good look over before I got it. Got to be more consistent going forward or sales will take a dramatic plummet.

How long is the deal with Castore? Now that we are free from outside influence we’ll hopefully go back to Umbro or Adidas next time.
Minimum of 5 year deal. Hopefully they stop just pumping out the crap quality stuff. Take some time and get it right going forward.

This is turning out an absolute disaster them stick on badges look terrible on a hoody/jumper at them prices is nothing short of a disgrace to be honest.

Minimum of 5 year deal. Hopefully they stop just pumping out the crap quality stuff. Take some time and get it right going forward.

As discussed on another thread over the weekend, I'd be astonished if this was fulfilled. Thankfully for us.

How long is the deal with Castore? Now that we are free from outside influence we’ll hopefully go back to Umbro or Adidas next time.
I believe a 5 year deal. I've only posted on the prices for what is some football club clothes and it's gonna dry up soon enough for castore. I would imagine and hope that this is on risk and reward for castore, if so, I'd imagine the club will be hitting castore quite regularly just now.

This lot are a shambles, a long list of shite from them

The quality issues
Paying to return faulty goods
Non existent customer service
Pretending items are In Store exclusives to hide the fact they have next to no stock
The pre-order shambles
No infant kits
The high pricing

They were vital in getting out from under sports direct but I think we need someone who actually has a clue what they are doing and can handle a support of our size.

I received my limited edition cap on Saturday and it’s not good quality, made in China label

Very disappointed we are getting the second rate stuff as the golf polos are all top notch

where is the training wear manufactured?
I've got the orange and the black training tops, both manufactured in China. Both are excellent quality.

Back