Pathetic Quality From Castore

Items were delivered by Royal Mail, but the Returns label seems to suggest Hermes for returns.

Is this correct, I thought Hermes were binned?

My brother in law got me a sweatshirt for my birthday - middle of August. Item delivered was not what he ordered plus it was the wrong size.

Returned same day via Hermes, and yes I had to pay for the privilege. Nearly two months later I’m still waiting on the replacement product.

Shambles!!

My brother in law got me a sweatshirt for my birthday - middle of August. Item delivered was not what he ordered plus it was the wrong size.

Returned same day via Hermes, and yes I had to pay for the privilege. Nearly two months later I’m still waiting on the replacement product.

Shambles!!

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 clearly says that, for faulty items, legally it is the company who pays for return postage for faulty or incorrect goods.

I only asked as my son buys a lot of expensive clothes and always washes at 30 he pays £200 for a t-shirts and more it's crazy money so looks after them.
Castore have been a joke instead of coming clean they lie or ignore the problems.
It was always a risk the only positive fat Mike never matched the contract
Slight correction there mate.
Your son doesn't buy expensive clothing.
He buys clothing that is expensive.
Big difference. ;)

The Castore badge on Tavs jersey during his interview had visibly peeled away on the right hand side

Jordan Jones castore badge also had visible damage today.

Very worrying as we are playing out to a worldwide audience and it hasn't gone unnoticed by our 'rivals' on social media

Castore in short has been a absolute shambles and it is high time they not only acknowledged fully their shortcomings but also start to put things right, this is the biggest exposure they will ever get and they are in real jeopardy of sealing the fate of their brand.
Its already fucked imho. Ive bought the top and thats it. Usually would get all the training gear and home and away junior kits for my boys. I sinply dont trust them

Theres far too many examplesfrom punters of how shoddy the quality of the tops are. Which has put me off buying.

But now there's growing examples of our own players gear! Castore need to answer

Same here. There just seems to be too many cases of poor quality product. I am not buying clothing merchandise until this is on way to a proven resolution. These shirts etc. are just way too expensive for that game.

Shambles!!
They have said across their site and emails that you aren’t getting replacements, it’s refund on all returns. So your brother in law will have a refund in his account or has to chase. Re the refund fee your brother in law can claim that as well. I had to chase to get mine refunded but did hey £5 back when it only cost me 3 to post it

Poor grammar on that twitter link from EmpireFF.

"Just seen the black pro kit Castore logo on Tav’s shirt is upside down"

*saw

Pretty sure I've read that EmpireFF works in education, as well.

Poor.

*saw

Poor.

Calm down. I don’t teach anyone, it’s my minions that do.

Yes, it's being washed correctly.

C'mon, mate, let's not be excusing them over issues like this.
I've never had this problem with any other football kit – or any other item of clothing – I've ever owned.

Castore are shit, that's all there is to this.

My Northern Ireland training top with Adidas done the same

Often asked about my top quality by celtic fans at 5s etc. Always said no problems with mine at all but noticed this week the white bit of the collar looks years old in terms of colour and wear and tear

*saw

Poor.
Depends what he would have started the complete sentence with I think.
I just saw or I have just seen.

Very worrying as we are playing out to a worldwide audience and it hasn't gone unnoticed by our 'rivals' on social media

To be fair if they are studying our games and players interviews looking for kit defects to that level, jokes on them. They are proper madhawks.

Shambles!!

Don't think they do replacements/exchanges mate - only refunds.

Not been on the thread in a while. Still only got the pre-order home top (made in Turkey)

Been washed a fair amount of times now and worn with no issues. Checked all the print and no signs of it coming away at all.

I am still annoyed at the different version of the home top but as far as I can tell there is no mens version that is different to the Turkish one I have.

As far a quality goes no complaints so far. Comparing home tops from previous seasons mine is holding up well.

My Away top now has the 32 Red logo peeling after about 4 wears. Email and pics sent to the concierge address. Can someone confirm that is the correct follow up as I cannot find the deliver paperwork?

I bought the grey joggies from the shop last Monday, worn them once and the C and A on the castore logo are falling off already. Haven’t even washed them yet.

The Energy Check on the back of my home top has cracked a bit on the box around it. Not too bad or noticeable but just hoping it doesn't get worse. 2 washes. No other issues.

My home top made in turkey is still perfect with no lettering peeling off, but my black amd orange made in china most of inside lettering has peeled off.

After about 10 emails back and forth about the grey joggies, providing picture evidence, they’ve allowed me an extended return to return them next time in Glasgow.

I also bought one of the water bottles for the gym, used it once and almost the entire badge has peeled/scratched off already. They’ve agreed to let me return that too. I’d post a pic of the water bottle but I don’t know how.

What I did notice was that my email reference number was 51707 so they must be having a huge amount of problems.

I’m starting to get scunnered with Castore’s ability to supply the demand via official channels.

This is something that they said they were prepared for.

Yet for weeks now, you’ve not been able to buy a kids strip online. I’m hoping for the long sleeved version but appreciate that these can be limited at the best of times. But you can’t even get the home short sleeved strip.

It’s a joke that as we approach the middle of October, junior fans can’t get their hands on the “flagship” home kit.
Especially as Castore were shouting from the roof tops about the internet age and how they are the ones to take the club to the next level of online sales.

Top from Turkey been through the washing machine a few times now and it’s in perfect condition.Cracking top all round.

I have the third top and from today the home. I was just looking at the third top and noticed that all the lettering from the inside is on the way out. The home top is from Rangers store online. But the third is from sports direct. (Bird bought it has no idea) i take it i just take it back to them?

Neither have been washed due to the fear of this. Both are turkey made also
Also what do you wash the tops at? Synthetics? Or aomething similar?

Edit

Last edited:
Without going through pages and pages can someone summarise if I can swap my launch home top instore

only been washed twice and letters coming off?

iv no receipt but I’ve got a confirmation email

Without going through pages and pages can someone summarise if I can swap my launch home top instore

only been washed twice and letters coming off?

iv no receipt but I’ve got a confirmation email
Without trying to read pages and pages. Have they got their act together and started to supply quality tops yet?

Why would it put you off?
Ave got the away top and the orange training top and can’t fault them one bit.
Both stormers
Because one I’ve had before already had to be returned, and clearly there are various reports of tops of a substandard quality.

Obviously there are some that are fine, and some that are substandard, why should I be taking a gamble?

I shouldnt have to gamble my top might be fine, every purchase should be perfect.

Because one I’ve had before already had to be returned, and clearly there are various reports of tops of a substandard quality.

Obviously there are some that are fine, and some that are substandard, why should I be taking a gamble?

I shouldnt have to gamble my top might be fine, every purchase should be perfect.

You won’t be gambling
Was it the home top you sent back?
Are they not fine now?

You won’t be gambling
Was it the home top you sent back?
Are they not fine now?
It was a home top.

So you are assuring me that it won't be a gamble and the top will be absolutely fine?

If the tops are excellent now then happy days, I'll be buying one.

It was a home top.

So you are assuring me that it won't be a gamble and the top will be absolutely fine?

He’s been blindly defending Castore since day one.

As far as anyone knows the home tops now are the same as before. You might get a good one or you might get one with problems.

It was a home top.

Never seen one complaint from the away strip mate I’ve washed it several times.
Just bought the training top but it looks tremendous
Genuine question as I’ve tried to stay away from this thread is the home top still having problems?

Never seen one complaint from the away strip mate I’ve washed it several times.
Just bought the training top but it looks tremendous
Genuine question as I’ve tried to stay away from this thread is the home top still having problems?
I have no idea, I dont know anyone who bought one recently.

The orange top thread appears and it's very positive so someone just had to bump this thread.

I'm pleased to see so many still buying merch, the vast majority of the fanbase seem perfectly happy now which is great.

The Pro Kits thing was utter nonsense to cover the quality issues with the home top.

It’s unfortunately looking that way sadly.

They also said that unsponsored kits would be out later in the year also. It’s still early right enough but I don’t hold out much hope.

I’m still waiting on clarification on the kids strips. Varying versions of home kits (Turkey vs China I assume) also when they’ll be available online (particularly the long sleeved home top).
Can be purchased on SD/HOF etc but not on our own official online platform.

Back