Pathetic Quality From Castore

That's terrible. Can only hope that Castore have got the correct infrastrucutre in place to ensure quality issues are resolved. I only have the home and retro. Retro washed after evey game, home washed maybe once or twice. No issues but of course the retro which has been washed more has very little printing.

It’s actually bordering on ridiculous people saying “are you washing them correctly?”

If Castore can’t produce gear that can be washed normally, like 99.9% of football products then they are not doing things properly. The only football kits that should be treated carefully are those with names and numbers on the back (no fabric softener)

Like I said, the latest black and gold gear had a noticeable difference in quality. Looks like they learned from mistakes from the main launch. Augers well for next season.

The worst thing is, I will buy the items next season in the hope they're better quality.
I must be a fool.

I like to keep my football shirts.
These are the only ones I've ever had that are now only fit for the bin.

Haha we all are. As soon as you see the previews of the new stuff and then the full release we are all desperate to order everything again.

The point is that you shouldn't need to. If they can't produce a garment that can be washed at a standard 40° temperature and cycle then they're in the wrong game.

Also, it's worth remembering that it's a football shirt and is intended to be dirty, muddy and grass stained. A cool wash won't deal with that soiling.
Pretty sure the care label says 40 degrees, same as any other football shirt, though I always use 35 degrees. The other one folk forget is to iron it inside out/outside in so the iron isn’t in contact with the logos on the outside of the shirt. Cool iron is recommended as well. I never let the Mrs anywhere near any tops with plastic logos, be it football kit or other stuff. If I’m honest, I couldn’t give two hoots about internal badges/logo. I’d love them to stick with the badges as per the Retro kit, though obviously the sponsors will still be plastic.

@sherbrook_loyal photos are shocking. All I can say is that the three clothing items I have show no signs of wear and tear at all, and they are all worn regularly.

I see comment about badges on joggers. Both my Adidas trackie bottoms went the same way. Three stripes logos gone and one pair say they were made by ‘s’ and the other pair by ‘das’. Herr Dassler will be spinning in his grave.

Football tops shouldnt get so bad that fast I agree on that much but ever since I can remember all football tops end up peeling away, most of my tops as a wee guy had the mcewan's lager or the ntl world peel off over time. Was that my mums fault when washing or the top who knows? But peeling football tops isnt exclusive to castore. But I do agree that is a bit soon for that sort of peeling to happen.

I wash my tops outside in and in a pillow case, feck knows if that makes any difference but my top seems fine.
I've still got my original 9 in a row top and it's in better condition than the op's are. You'd have thought quality would've improved in 25 years unless there are definitely an amount being made very much on the chep by castore.

My away tops logos etc inside the top are falling to bits but the main sponsor etc is fine. The Mrs washes mine the same as everything else though. Full spin and hot lol. Iv tried telling her but she pleases herself.

Came home from work to see it sat on a roasting hot radiator one day, was raging!

I have had no problems whatsoever with any of the Castore stuff, they all look as they did when i first bought them and have been washed loads of times.

It’s actually bordering on ridiculous people saying “are you washing them correctly?”

If Castore can’t produce gear that can be washed normally, like 99.9% of football products then they are not doing things properly. The only football kits that should be treated carefully are those with names and numbers on the back (no fabric softener)

Like I said, the latest black and gold gear had a noticeable difference in quality. Looks like they learned from mistakes from the main launch. Augers well for next season.

Really good post, mate.

I've certainly never had a problem with a football gear before – I actually don't think I have with any item of clothing, to be honest – so the problem isn't with something I'm doing or something I'm not doing.

It is good to hear there is a noticeable difference in quality on the newer items, though.
That's all I want.
I'm certainly past the looking for a refund stage with my current kits.
I just want our support to get items of the quality we deserve going forwards.

Castore washing instructions:

This unique fabric performs to it's best without the requirement for washing. A truly ground breaking development in elite sportswear.

We actively discourage washing in a machine, this self cleaning fabric is suitable for the rainy climate in Scotland however.

We have factored this in to the costing, as customers will make a saving, our prices are therefore at a premium to reflect this.

#Betterneverwashed

Given the widely differing responses to the quality of the clothing items - from shit to no issues at all - it would appear that the problem is more one of quality control than poor manufacture.

That's ridiculous & is embarrassing the club. I've got 15 year old shirts that have been worn & washed a hundred times that are in better condition.

Really good post, mate.

I've certainly never had a problem with a football gear before – I actually don't think I have with any item of clothing, to be honest – so the problem isn't with something I'm doing or something I'm not doing.

It is good to hear there is a noticeable difference in quality on the newer items, though.
That's all I want.

I’ll upload some pics showing the difference in quality later. I’ve bought loads of our Castore gear but only wear the shorts.

I imagine the energy check logo probably suffers from a bit more friction/abrasion from sitting down on the sofa or what not.

I've still got my original 9 in a row top and it's in better condition than the op's are. You'd have thought quality would've improved in 25 years unless there are definitely an amount being made very much on the chep by castore.
Agreed . To people blaming washing machines , again I’ll point out my 1999 Nike NTL home top went to Cyprus , Ibiza , Malia, Vegas etc and it was worn a lot during the day in 100c heat as well as being folded up crushed and used as a wee mini pillow by the pool , you are talking beer stains, chlorine , coconut sun lotion etc and yet it genuinely still now looks in great condition. Nothing is peeling , nothing is falling off , nothing .

Can obviously only talk from my own experience, I got the Navy Blue Training sweatshirt from Santa , the elves must have just been learning because the quality and shape of the garment are terrible.
But on the plus side we havent lost a game since it has been adopted as my 'lucky' top :)

Well, the new summer launch this year should be interesting.
Certainly don’t see many paying in advance to get a strip of dubious quality at some point in the weeks after the launch date.
As with my perpetual whining about RTV, the club and its commercial partners treat us really poorly with regards to customer service because we are a captive audience cash cow to be milked.

edit: and those who cannot see past the name Rangers, will blame fans for how they wash shirts, not knowing a variety of odd techy stuff to get the streams to work, rather than understanding that it is up to those who we give our money to to make sure we have a fighting chance with the products and services.

I will 100% not be pre-ordering anything. I received my top after people could walk in and buy it in person despite buying it in first hour of pre-sale!

I only stay 15 minute walk from Ibrox so will just walk over and buy it in store

I have had no problems whatsoever with any of the Castore stuff, they all look as they did when i first bought them and have been washed loads of times.

Same for me bought loads and its all holding up absolutely fine. What I will say is unlike other football gear I now treat the Castore stuff differently as a result of numerous thread on here etc. Everything is turned inside out (always did that) and washed on there own at 20 degrees on the shortest spin possible. It seems to be working but honestly it is ridiculous I have to do that.

My 3yr old was given the black top on his birthday in February.

The only lettering left from the 'Utilita' sponsor is the U. The rest has completely come off. That is 6 weeks, roughly.

My 92/93 home top is still in perfect shape.

That is just one example. And that's before you get to their customer service

I think this answers my question of whether or not I'm going to wear my Champions edition top when it arrives. Planned on giving it one outing then wash and store. But.... think I'll just get it in storage from the off.

The boy can decide whether he wants to wear it and show it off on FF decades doon the line or pass it on to his kids, when I'm long deid.

My grey and orange training jumper and shorts in a few weeks will likely be a plain pair of grey shorts and grey jumper the lettering and badges on them started disappearing from the first wash, absolutely terrible.

got the blue 1/4 zip training top and although the lettering on it is holding together well the bobbles all over the front of the top are horrendous, just fluffs up with a breath of wind on it, first time I wore it I jumped in the car went shopping, came back and it had a big line down the front of it where the seatbelt had been in contact with it.

Got 4 strips, adult home and kids home away and third and all are holding up well.

a mixed bag really.

My 3yr old was given the black top on his birthday in February.

The only lettering left from the 'Utilita' sponsor is the U. The rest has completely come off. That is 6 weeks, roughly.

My 92/93 home top is still in perfect shape.

That is just one example. And that's before you get to their customer service
See my post above mate re the 1998/99 Nike NTL. Exact same experience . Badge , Nike swoosh , sponsor all perfect after 22 years .

To all folk saying they've never had an issue with anything, can you confirm the amount of items you've purchased?

I've had 4 tops, 3 shorts, 2 tees and a zipper. 10 items in total.

Every top is peeling. Energy check sponsor has completely fallen off the third strip on one after roughly 5 washes.
All shorts are peeling. Badges and castore logos are the same.
1 tee has a hole under the arm after 1 wear.

I cannot believe that anyone who has purchased multiple items has had no problems. Its statistically close to impossible.

To all folk saying they've never had an issue with anything, can you confirm the amount of items you've purchased?

Every top is peeling. Energy check sponsor has completely fallen off the third strip on one after roughly 5 washes.

I cannot believe that anyone who has purchased multiple items has had no problems. Its statistically close to impossible.

All 3 shirts (not the retro)
2 hoodies (one of them the waterproof Garcia)
A training top
Grey Jumper

Not a thing wrong with any of them after multiple washes.

Mate have you returned all the items?

Castore have been dining out on goodwill (given our shambolic merchandise experience in recent years), and with the excuse last season of entering a new deal in the middle of a pandemic.

The mixed bag of quality, the varying levels of kits (Chinese vs Turkey) and the school jumper embarrassment have been significant alarms. However, I was prepared to give Castore a free hit this season.

No excuses from them from now onwards though. They should be more than aware what to expect and how to react. It would be good for the club/Castore to communicate a “lessons learned” with one of the fan media groups prior to the season closure.

The cynic in me though thinks that whilst the merchandise is flying off the shelves regardless of the indifferent quality experience - neither the club or Castore will give a fück.

My experience of products purchased:

Retro kit - phenomenal
White kit - very good
Home kit - poor
Navy tracksuit - poor and not manufactured to last imo

I will just add this is not exclusive to their football gear.
I bought a golf top at well over £100 and the lettering on the arm started to peel off. Top looks awful now.

I have the home top and the orange/navy pinstripe training top. Home top is fine but most badges are now peeling off the training top. Both washed the same, 30 or 40° in the machine.

I was also quite disappointed with the quality of the material of the training top, just felt way below that of the home top.

I will 100% not be pre-ordering anything. I received my top after people could walk in and buy it in person despite buying it in first hour of pre-sale!

I only stay 15 minute walk from Ibrox so will just walk over and buy it in store
I will be the same.

I was one of the lucky ones who got their top in the mygers pre sale that arrived weeks later.

Reactions: GF1
Really good post, mate.

That's all I want.
The last time I had this many issues was the diadora kit that the carling peeled off

Castore have been dining out on goodwill (given our shambolic merchandise experience in recent years), and with the excuse last season of entering a new deal in the middle of a pandemic.

The mixed bag of quality, the varying levels of kits (Chinese vs Turkey) and the school jumper embarrassment have been significant alarms. However, I was prepared to give Castore a free hit this season.

No excuses from them from now onwards though. They should be more than aware what to expect and how to react. It would be good for the club/Castore to communicate a “lessons learned” with one of the fan media groups prior to the season closure.

The cynic in me though thinks that whilst the merchandise is flying off the shelves regardless of the indifferent quality experience - neither the club or Castore will give a fück.

My experience of products purchased:

Retro kit - phenomenal
White kit - very good
Home kit - poor
Navy tracksuit - poor and not manufactured to last imo
I agree the retro kit is absolute class and maybe a lesson for them in that less is more when it comes to overall quality and longevity.

Mate have you returned all the items?
Nope. I've gave up.
Was one of the last to receive my preordered home tops right at the start.
It properly pissed me right off and I promised myself I wasn't letting anything else get to me as much as that did.

I currently have a bucket hat and a t-shirt ordered that was sent out for delivery 2 weeks ago according to tracking. Never received it.
Haven't even bothered emailing as at last count I'd sent 23 emails regarding previous orders and never received a response to any of them.

%^*&, even my rubber ducks went missing for 10 days. Near enough every one of my orders has had issues and I'm past caring. Far more important things to deal with.

Nope. I've gave up.
It properly pissed me right off and I promised myself I wasn't letting anything else get to me as much as that did.

I currently have a bucket hat and a t-shirt ordered that was sent out for delivery 2 weeks ago according to tracking. Never received it.
Haven't even bothered emailing as at last count I'd sent 23 emails regarding previous orders and never received a response to any of them.

%^*&, even my rubber ducks went missing for 10 days. Near enough every one of my orders has had issues and I'm past caring. Far more important things to deal with.

Not trying to be a dick mate as your experiences are obviously shocking but why continue to order? That’s an awful lot of chances you’ve given them and they’ve clearly made an arse of it time and time again.

Nope. I've gave up.

You sure your Hermes delivery guy isn't a Dhim?:)

My 3rd top is a joke all the sponsors are off it and the Castore badge is almost away now. I contacted them and the provided me with a one off 25% discount with no expiry the refused to change the top. Really puts me off buying any more tops from them

I got the black and gold shorts. The RFC logo is stitched, which is fine but the Castore wings on the left leg are peeling and the gold logos in the back with the size etc on them came off in the first wash. Pathetic.

The point is that you shouldn't need to. If they can't produce a garment that can be washed at a standard 40° temperature and cycle then they're in the wrong game.

Also, it's worth remembering that it's a football shirt and is intended to be dirty, muddy and grass stained. A cool wash won't deal with that soiling.
Agreed but if Im paying £60 for a shirt Im treating it like a delicate. Those pics posted look awful and the garments have clearly been ravaged by the wash, I just wonder if these particular kits are susceptible to damage from higher temps or longer washes? Shouldnt be of course but its always best to proceed with caution around anything you value and go for a quick wash.

If it doesnt remove dirt then I recommend a hand pre-wash followed by a quick wash as that often makes a big difference.

If that doesnt remove the dirt then stop getting so dirty.

Back