Pathetic Quality From Castore

Agreed but if Im paying £60 for a shirt Im treating it like a delicate. Those pics posted look awful and the garments have clearly been ravaged by the wash, I just wonder if these particular kits are susceptible to damage from higher temps or longer washes? Shouldnt be of course but its always best to proceed with caution around anything you value and go for a quick wash.

If it doesnt remove dirt then I recommend a hand pre-wash followed by a quick wash as that often makes a big difference.

If that doesnt remove the dirt then stop getting so dirty.
Or instead of a customer paying high prices for substandard goods, the company could actually match their bold claims about being better quality than your Nikes and Adidas and manufacture a kit that can be washed in the same way that all other football kits can be?

It is a must that all Castore branding is stitched next year like the champions jersey

the sheer amount of folk having issues isn’t a fluke, the staunch coming on and saying ‘I’ve had no problems’ doesn’t clear Castore in this.

fans aside the countless times I have saw players and management team on TV with sponsors peeling off is a utter embarrassment and shows it’s not just limited to clubshop items

Last edited:
It is a must that all Castore branding is stitched next year like the champions jersey

the sheer amount of folk having issues isn’t a fluke, the staunch coming on and saying ‘I’ve had no problems’ doesn’t clear Castore in this.

fans aside the countless times I have saw players and management team on TV with sponsors peeling off is a utter embarrassment and shows it’s not just limited to clubshop items

get it sorted CASTORE

It’s not being ‘staunch’ its true. I’ve bought 7 items across the range and not a thing wrong with any of them. You are correct tho the amount of people with problems is unacceptable

Sorry to the bears with problems. I have approaching 20 items, with not a broken bit in any of them on the exterior. Ive seen a few bits of the interior collar branding peeling.

Sounds like im lucky that is the case. Sort it out Castore.

More importantly, Rangers, make sure they sort it out.

Yes, I’m repeating it, turn them inside out so its the stuff you cant see that gets the brunt of the damage in the wash.

Six shirts bought this year with no issues but there is clearly an issue with their manufacturing if there's a 100 page thread full of them.

I think overall the kits look great but Castore need to up their game next season with us in terms of quality and customer service.

Bear in mind they will be providing kits to Wolves and Lazio next season so they will have to divide their team between the three of us on that front.

It’s not being ‘staunch’ its true. I’ve bought 7 items across the range and not a thing wrong with any of them. You are correct tho the amount of people with problems is unacceptable

ive maybe worded this in a way to offend and that hasn’t been my intention, I full appreciate that there will be instances where nobody has had issues, but folk saying this on a thread where there is clearly a major issue with merchandise doesn’t help with the problem that is clearly there

ive maybe worded this in a way to offend and that hasn’t been my intention, I full appreciate that there will be instances where nobody has had issues, but folk saying this on a thread where there is clearly a major issue with merchandise doesn’t help with the problem that is clearly there

Castore clearly have problem keeping up with the demand of our club, the quality of the goods passing QC checks and worst of all for me customer service which by all accounts is borderline criminal. Luckily I seem to have dodged all these issues (so far) but realise many many others haven’t.

Only issue i have had on mind has been on the inside of the neck on my third top the castore and sizing stuff has peeled off but no big deal.

Black top has started to bubble up on the 32 red but both the white and blue are fine and I've only wore/washed the black one twice in 30°wash

Can I ask,
the Hummel products from a couple of years ago.
how are they holding up?
Adult Orange top, blue top, 2 kids white strips and blue strips and adult orange training top. All are excellent still.

As it is, I know numbers wise it is hugely different but I got two reproduction tops that were being slagged stupid a couple of weeks back on here. Both are better than the castore stuff.

Why is the question. There really is no excuse.

Not trying to be a dick mate as your experiences are obviously shocking but why continue to order? That’s an awful lot of chances you’ve given them and they’ve clearly made an arse of it time and time again.
Yep. I'm a fool for continuing to buy but the Kids want Rangers gear and it's the only way to get it.
It's absolutely disgusting what they're doing.

I would have bought much more if it wasn't for all these problems so the club are losing money because of it.
Ordered some of the G51 clothing that SOS do and it was here within a few days and cracking quality.

Only bought a bucket hat and tee from the champions stuff as told kids I wasn't ordering the gold kit and didn't bother with the booze for myself. That would have been another £200 on top of numerous other purchases I've pulled back on.
I'd estimate my overall total to be around the £4-500 mark for things I've not bought due to my issues.
Can only imagine how many more folk like me there are out there in the same boat.

I want to give my money to the club but won't because of how bad Castore are.

The Hummell gear was far better quality imho

The hummell top I have looks brand new still. The Castore one is starting to look and feel worn even though its only been washed half a dozen times most.
Agree mate . I play 7 a side once , sometimes twice a week and wear our first Hummel top . Still in perfect condition and that logo and crest is ' stuck on ' not embroidered

Agree mate . I play 7 a side once , sometimes twice a week and wear our first Hummel top . Still in perfect condition and that logo and crest is ' stuck on ' not embroidered

My replica tops of are done, I only got to wear the white one a couple of times before the 32 red cracked and started falling off.

The black top lasted about half the season before the Castore logo started coming away.

Home top seems ok but I have stopped wearing it in case. I ordered the Champions top and doubt I'll put it on my back.

Can I ask,
the Hummel products from a couple of years ago.
how are they holding

My replica tops of are done, I only got to wear the white one a couple of times before the 32 red cracked and started falling off.

The black top lasted about half the season before the Castore logo started coming away.

Home top seems ok but I have stopped wearing it in case. I ordered the Champions top and doubt I'll put it on my back.
Was going to order the Champions top but decided against it .

I bought the black hoodie on launch day and it's still in great nick. Logo's and all. The away shirt though printing inside and outside has peeled away. Hopefully consistency in quality will be better this year and any issues sorted. Looking forward to seeing the new shirts.

Can't disagree with most of what you say but mystified by your suggestion that its 'staunch' to come on and recount your own experience simply because its gone well. Almost implying such folk are lying. I have three items of Rangers Castore clothing. All have been absolutely fine. That doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth, or seeking to be staunch or anything else. Its just my experience. Others have experienced the exact opposite. Nobody is saying they are doing anything other than recounting what they, personally, experienced.

Be a pretty unbalanced thread if only those who've had a bad experience were posting on it. Shutting others down solves nothing.

Orange print on the inside of the black away completely peeled off. Outside is still okay.

I wonder if the quality improved after the initial kit launch. If the poorer stuff was due to being unable to cope with demand

Can't disagree with most of what you say but mystified by your suggestion that its 'staunch' to come on and recount your own experience simply because its gone well. Almost implying such folk are lying. I have three items of Rangers Castore clothing. All have been absolutely fine. That doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth, or seeking to be staunch or anything else. Its just my experience. Others have experienced the exact opposite. Nobody is saying they are doing anything other than recounting what they, personally, experienced.

Be a pretty unbalanced thread if only those who've had a bad experience were posting on it. Shutting others down solves nothing.

i explained a couple of messages of so after that I maybe worded it incorrectly and it wasn’t meant to offend

I've been buying our tops and stuff since the 90's and I've never had these issues before. Even with shite like Diadora. I wonder why a premium brand like Castore are struggling with the quality of their items? Without reading the whole thread, I'm guessing they're outsourcing the mass demand to cheap arse sweatshops?

No excuses this coming season, they've had a year.

Orange print on the inside of the black away completely peeled off. Outside is still okay.

I wonder if the quality improved after the initial kit launch. If the poorer stuff was due to being unable to cope with demand
If you mean the printed label in the back of the neck, mine is the same. Got it at Christmas so I don't think it would have been produced in the early batches.

Wear it out running and wash it in a 40 degree mixed wash.

Recently noticed my 11/12 top is still in rotation for sports, as it's not really showing signs of wear.

If you mean the printed label in the back of the neck, mine is the same. Got it at Christmas so I don't think it would have been produced in the early batches.

Wear it out running and wash it in a 40 degree mixed wash.

Recently noticed my 11/12 top is still in rotation for sports, as it's not really showing signs of wear.
Aye the better never stops part along with the Castore wings. All gone.

if they never put it there in the first place then no one would notice but the fact the added all these wee fancy bits which are poor quality

I only have the black and orange top, letters on the inside went first, then it was the energy check logo at the back, now the castore badge is falling apart. Always washed at 30 degrees aswell. Has put me off buying any other tops.

Of course it doesn't but it helps provide context.

There are lots of potentials here, from Castore could be could be any of:
  • Poor quality fabric that doesn't bind with the logos
  • Poor quality logos that don't bind to the fabrics
  • Poor QC at the factory
  • Inferior manufacturing process
And for those washing them at home and seeing issues, could be any of:
  • Water hardness
  • Washing machine
  • Fabric softener/tablets/washing product used
  • Temperature washed at
  • How it was dried
  • Product used on your person (i.e. aftershave, deodorant, etc.)
Something purchased has to be fit for purpose, though, which is the crux of things.

Of course it doesn't but it helps provide context.

the context for me mate is that Castore claim to be a ‘better than the rest’ company when it comes to quality of product and next level materials

the absolute shitshow that Castore have produced make the Diadora farce from the early noighties look like nothing.

the sheer level of fans complaining about shoddy merchandise and also the players being interviewed with labels hanging and peeling off to a worldwide audience is a embarrassment to the club.

I can understand if initial batches got terrible reviews, but Castore can continued to churn out the same shite without attempting to rectify. The online store has been constantly lacking in stock and that’s before we even start on the school jumper fiasco.

the context for me mate is that Castore claim to be a ‘better than the rest’ company when it comes to quality of product and next level materials

the absolute shitshow that Castore have produced make the Diadora farce from the early noighties look like nothing.

the sheer level of fans complaining about shoddy merchandise and also the players being interviewed with labels hanging and peeling off to a worldwide audience is a embarrassment to the club.

I can understand if initial batches got terrible reviews, but Castore can continued to churn out the same shite without attempting to rectify. The online store has been constantly lacking in stock and that’s before we even start on the school jumper fiasco.

I sometimes wonder how much more understanding people would be of the teething issues had they not done the whole ‘school jumper’ thing. Then of course lying about pro shirts going out early to cover their backs, that was mental. They had a short turn around in a pandemic I can understand there would be issues and I luckily haven’t experienced any but those last two things were so stupid. Completely avoidable just tell the truth.

Back