Pathetic Quality From Castore

I’ve bought the home and third shirts, navy sweatshirt and snood. All good so far, although I’ve hardly worn the shirts owing to a reluctance to damage them in the wash. For £60 each this isn’t acceptable, particularly when I have worn the Hummel tops more regularly in previous seasons without an anticipation of them being damaged in the wash.

I sometimes wonder how much more understanding people would be of the teething issues had they not done the whole ‘school jumper’ thing. Then of course lying about pro shirts going out early to cover their backs, that was mental. They had a short turn around in a pandemic I can understand there would be issues and I luckily haven’t experienced any but those last two things were so stupid. Completely avoidable just tell the truth.
Announcing the early pro shirt launch via an unofficial statement typed up on Apple Notes and posted by the SLO if I remember correctly.

Looking back at it all, there must have been at least a few folk within the club wondering wtf we had signed up for.

I've bought the retro top, home and away tops and the pro top (the most I've ever bought in one season) and they are all still great, not had a single problem with any of them. The complete shit show at the beginning of this season must be avoided during the summer, if they %^*& up the 150 year shirt then it will be unforgivable

This sounds awful but I haven't washed my away top at all because I'm scared it falls apart, I stick it on once a month or so to watch the game in the house then hang it back up.

Once it actually washed ill be straight on to them no doubt.

Saying that I have the black and gold 1/4 zip and black hoody that have been washed numerous times and are absolutely fine.

The point is that you shouldn't need to. If they can't produce a garment that can be washed at a standard 40° temperature and cycle then they're in the wrong game.

Also, it's worth remembering that it's a football shirt and is intended to be dirty, muddy and grass stained. A cool wash won't deal with that soiling.
Absolutely this. I have Nike RFC kit from the 90's that is still in great condition, despite being washed at 40, and often wjth fabric softener

Having seen the problems others have had with the Castore stuff, I did those on a low/short wash with no fabric softener, yet they're all peeling after a couple of washes.

Won't be in any rush to buy anything next season, unless its enbroidered.

Admin edit: Since I started this OP, I'm adding this post to my OP rather than creating a new thread.

I appreciate lots of people are delighted with the quality of Castore's Rangers products.
However, I've had the exact opposite experience, sadly.

I returned my home shirt for a full refund at the time because the quality was extremely poor – and my away and third shirts haven't held up well at all.

Please note: I know how to wash football shirts and I've never had a problem with any football gear prior to these Castore ones.

As you can see from the below images, most of the lettering is peeling off both shirts.
The back is the third kit is particularly embarrassing.

The away kit isn't as bad, but the colours of the sponsor have bled, something I've never seen on a football shirt before.

@Greg Marshall , as you were kind enough to chat to me at length about Castore previously, can you share these images with the club/Castore please and ask if this is the quality we should expect?

These two shirts will be going in the bin at the end of the season – but I've got massive concerns about the quality of our future merchandise.
If they make a mess of the 150 anniversary stuff, it'll be unforgivable.

View attachment 1864View attachment 1865View attachment 1866View attachment 1867View attachment 1868View attachment 1869

Would be nice to get an update from Castore/James Bisgrove regarding next season's Merch.

The Beahons were everywhere at the time of the kit launch, but as soon as the complaints started coming in, they were all of a sudden far too busy to talk.

Even leaving aside quality issues, would love to know how they are going to improve supply, as a lot of items were out of stock in most sizes for most of the season.

Also, why are we still using Hermes, when we were told after the home kit launch issues that they were being ditched?

Sent some poor quality items back for a refund. Waited the 6 weeks as stated (which is an unacceptable length of time, even during covid, especially when its paid for) and didnt hear anything When i contacted Castore ans gave my details Hermes had "lost" the parcel.

Hopfully things imorove next season, i just hope Castore and the club arent relying on the fans loyalty to just keep buying regardless @Greg Marshall

Fans of the West Coast Eagles AFL side in Perth, WA are experiencing Castore’s ineptitude first-hand.

Castore couldn’t even get the guernseys delivered to the playing side on time and had local brand Burley Sekem produce them for Castore, and stuck an iron-on Castore logo on top of last season’s ISC shorts.

Joke of an outfit.

I've still got that diadora top from 2001 and it's in good nick. Been washed and worn countless times. I don't think I'll be able to say the same about these ones

Absolutely this. I have Nike RFC kit from the 90's that is still in great condition, despite being washed at 40, and often wjth fabric softener

Having seen the problems others have had with the Castore stuff, I did those on a low/short wash with no fabric softener, yet they're all peeling after a couple of washes.

Same.
I’m not buying anything where the key elements aren’t embroidered.

I sometimes wonder how much more understanding people would be of the teething issues had they not done the whole ‘school jumper’ thing. Then of course lying about pro shirts going out early to cover their backs, that was mental. They had a short turn around in a pandemic I can understand there would be issues and I luckily haven’t experienced any but those last two things were so stupid. Completely avoidable just tell the truth.

That episode in the early days out me right off them and they’ve done nothing since to convince me otherwise. Treated the fans like absolute mugs by blatantly lying right from the get go.

Claiming to be a premium brand producing the highest quality garments whilst sending out sub standard gear for a high price with very little in the way of customer service to back it up.

The Beahons are a Couple of chancers who probably can’t believe their luck.

I had all the Adidas tops ( gave them away :rolleyes: ), wore them at 5s etc and they were like new when I passed them on.

Yeah mate. Had it on once and when took off noticed it fraying away. The wife said she can stitch it and its under arm and saves the hassle of sending back but a bit pissed off about it
I get what you mean, it's the principle. I'm terrified to wash my tops, only done it a couple of times and barely wear them.

I know a lot of people have had no problems with castore, but I won’t be buying anything else from them. This has been washed 3 times and as you can see it’s peeling already. I would return it but I can’t find the receipt. I wouldn’t want it replacing anyway to be honest. It was bought in the club shop.
I also bought the black beanie hat online delivered from Milton Keynes. Whoever stitched the stars on the hat must have been pished.

I’ve got the orange training Top and the unibet on the shoulder has came off, two of the stars above the crest have came off the unibet sponsor in the middle is peeling along with the badge an absolute shambles and I won’t buy anything else from them.

Mine have been good and bad, some stuff absolutely horrendous after just a couple of washes

I’ve my original tops from the adidas, Nike and Umbro ranges right back to late 1980’s which I still wear and must have been washed hundreds of times each and all are still mint. Compare and contrast with Castore.......

Last edited:
They are a fucking shambles.

They have just tonight put through and order and Hermes have it along with them taking payment from me.

Seriously thick company in terms of system. Same disaster with strips beginning of season.

Laughable useless wankers :D

To emphasise i never ordered anything.

Football tops should not fall to bits.

I had plenty from the 90s and 2000s and wore them to fives etc for years and the only shiter was the first diadora ones home and away.

The rest were is such decent condition I either got them signed or I was able to flog them for between 35 and 55 quid even though they'd been worn plenty.

The excuses and bullshit castore came away with when people were going mad was not on.

What next, dry clean only?

Fans of the West Coast Eagles AFL side in Perth, WA are experiencing Castore’s ineptitude first-hand.

Castore couldn’t even get the guernseys delivered to the playing side on time and had local brand Burley Sekem produce them for Castore, and stuck an iron-on Castore logo on top of last season’s ISC shorts.

Joke of an outfit.
If that is true, that is shambolic for a company trying to portray themselves as a brand ahead of Nike and Adidas

Only kit i have bought this season has been the champions top and that will be going in a frame anyway so won't be washed, Castore need to make sure all the decals are embroidered next season, we never had any of this crap with Nike, Adidas or Umbro. Even Diadora kits quality was ok (the materials used were suspects but at least they never fell apart), the Puma stuff was questionable at times but then you get what you pay but if the Castore stuff next season is the same piss poor quality with iron on transfers for logo's and rubber badges then the contract should be ripped up. £60 a pop for a top and it doesn't last 2 or 3 washes is ridiculous, i have kits from 20 years ago that have had the arse kicked out of them doing diy and gardening and stuff and they are like new when washed.

Joke of an outfit.

Look at the stitching ffs :))

Looks like it’s part of the design rather than a manufacturing issue.

Home_Guernsey_-_AG__92045.1612949026.jpg

Got the home and 3rd jersey this year. There is definite issues with the printing. I’ve had a Rangers shirt most seasons and despite being great looking, this seasons feel like the cheapest (up there with the Puma “blackthorn” efforts).

Was expecting far better from a supposed premium brand. Next season they must get it right.

It’s sounds like the company are in over their heads and are just seeing ££££ signs, reminds me of Newcastle debacle years ago when directors were boasting they make shirts for a fiver and fans buy them for £65, feels a bit like that we are a cash cow for the Castore boys and they know no matter how poor the product is we will still buy as we wear our clubs colours with pride.

I only have the black and orange top, letters on the inside went first, then it was the energy check logo at the back, now the castore badge is falling apart. Always washed at 30 degrees aswell. Has put me off buying any other tops.
I love my black and orange top but same thing as above happened to mine, after two washes.
Simply not good enough.

I’ve only managed to get two items out of 20 orders actually arrive, which I won’t go into.

However the items I got was a blue and white tammy the stitching on the top came loose after a couple of wears and the black coaches top the outside is holding up but the inside is fall apart.

Been washing last seasons Hummel top pretty much every week over the last year. All badges etc are still fully intact.

This seasons top has been washed half a dozen times at most and the majority of the letters and logos have fell off or are hanging on by a bawhair.

I’ve got a new training top sitting there that I don’t even want to wear now as it will likely end up a mess after a few washes as well.

Really not worth the money unless there is significant assurances on improved quality going forward.

The point is that you shouldn't need to. If they can't produce a garment that can be washed at a standard 40° temperature and cycle then they're in the wrong game.

Also, it's worth remembering that it's a football shirt and is intended to be dirty, muddy and grass stained. A cool wash won't deal with that soiling.

My Castore shirts have been washed exactly the same as my Hummel ones. The only difference being the Hummel ones have been washed about 20 times more. One of these is falling apart, guess which.

We shouldn't need to tip toe around washing procedures for the Castore stuff, it's expensive enough to expect it to withstand the same washing ritual as every other sports garment I own.

Their poor quality has prevented me buying more. I won't be the only one. Scrimping on manufacture is a false economy for this exact reason.

They are trying to churn out so much merchandise that the quality is far too hit and miss and putting people off from buying anything else. You’re getting stuff made in Turkey, China, Bangladesh and wherever else and the quality control is poor to say the least, with a hit and miss delivery service from Hermes added to that.

I don’t agree with those saying it has improved due to my own experience with the shoddy quality of the champions merchandise. They are still trying to sell cheap tat jumpers and polo shirts iron printed with champions logos on them.

The Club need sure it is bang on going forward or look to get out of the contract as any good contract for merchandise should have clauses in relation to this. Any half decent outfit would be all over us with the figures we must have shifted this season.

My castore top comes out the wash with a weird smell to it...

No other garments in same wash, including football tops come out with the smell. It's like a damp smell

I’ve bought five strips two for my grandson two orange and one black training tops two tee shirts. Everyone been spot on and they get well used being over here in Oz. They are washed in cold water and turned inside out for the wash.
Sad to here that some are not up to scratch.

I’ve bought loads of castore gear from castore and Rangers. There is definitely a different, cheaper quality to the Rangers stuff, other than the £170 hoodie. Dont get me wrong, I’ve not had the issues others have but the home top i got is cheap shite, nothing has peeled off but its just very thin and poor quality. The away and 3rd kit are better, much better but i do expect much improvement next season, can be no excuses.

I've not got the tops (mainly due to threads like this) but I did get the orange training top & the training jumper in the sale & I have to say I don't think the quality is up to much.

Don't get me wrong both have been fine so far but premium quality? Not for me.

If I'd paid full price, especially for the jumper which is just a bog standard thin fleece top with the logos printed on, I would've probably returned it.

Looks like it’s part of the design rather than a manufacturing issue.

Home_Guernsey_-_AG__92045.1612949026.jpg

And the thing is, that's not the guernsey the players are even wearing at the moment, four weeks into the season. It's a different collar and none of that stitching is visible.

Castore are clowns and I will not buy a thing of theirs.

I can see I've been lucky I got the third kit and the blacking travel joggies at the start of the season and they have been fine however haven't been excessively worn also the same with the retro kit I got at Xmas I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for this season but they have had 9 months months now to plan out the kits for next seasons so hopefully these issues should be ironed out

I asked the question at the time about these and I think I was told that they were discussing it. I'm not a holier than thou person, but I would much prefer if we didn't have a betting company as our main sponsor as I think betting advertising has got completely out of control, and gambling companies are showing themselves to be absolute snakes with luring "VIP" customers in who are clearly addicts.

For us to run an "Everyone, Anyone" campaign that means we are a club that is inclusive to all no matter your colour or creed, and also have a gambling company on the front of our shirts which is absolutely forbidden in Islam for instance is completely at odds with each other.
Why tolerate the intolerant?

You've just invoked the paradox of toleration.

Hopefully there will be a big improvement next season. I’ve bought 3 items and would have bought a lot more but the quality of 2 of the items was very poor.

The home strip I bought was fine. I also bought a hooded top from the lifestyle range which must have cost them a couple of quid to make, it’s been on a hanger in the cupboard ever since. Also bought some joggers where the material started to bobble almost immediately

They have made a fortune from us, my concern is they are focusing on multiple other teams now and it won’t get any better

I’ve got the grey and orange training top and also the dark blue training top. Both are still in great condition. The material of the grey/orange top is excellent quality.

I know a lot of people have had no problems with castore, but I won’t be buying anything else from them. This has been washed 3 times and as you can see it’s peeling already. I would return it but I can’t find the receipt. I wouldn’t want it replacing anyway to be honest. It was bought in the club shop.
I also bought the black beanie hat online delivered from Milton Keynes. Whoever stitched the stars on the hat must have been pished.

Aye mate, you obviously don’t have the right washing machine for the Castore “premium” products.

if you’re using deodorant make sure it’s it’s a gentle one I find the green capped sure for women works best.

a wee tip for next years top pay £80 keep it in the packet and don’t wear it, that way it will last at least the year. Probably.

Back