Pathetic Quality From Castore

My son had bought the champions quarter zipper , which looks great with the gold writing.

After one wash , in accordance with the instructions and alone in the machine, the letters have come out of the wash all faded and peeling.

At about 70 quid that is pretty poor.

Emailed the store and waiting a reply.

Anyone else had issues , hopefully it's just a one off as he would like another one?

You could say that, yes B-)

mate
My son had bought the champions quarter zipper , which looks great with the gold writing.

After one wash , in accordance with the instructions and alone in the machine, the letters have come out of the wash all faded and peeling.

At about 70 quid that is pretty poor.

Emailed the store and waiting a reply.

Anyone else had issues , hopefully it's just a one off as he would like another one?
mate believe it or not the players stuff are just as bad

I popped in the store last night with the intention of picking my daughter up something, I looked at most of the champions gear and if I'm being honest in the flesh it didn't look great, I ended up picking her up a couple of cotton t'shirts which were ironically cheap as ships (12-15 quid each) and material and printing looked and felt great.
No chance I'd be sailing on a 12 quid ship.

My quarter zip was a disgrace after a couple of washes I’m afraid. Haven’t complained but didn’t buy any more this season.

My quarter zip was a disgrace after a couple of washes I’m afraid. Haven’t complained but didn’t buy any more this season.
Yeah same here - bobbled like mad and i never wore it out the house . Shocking material used . This premium material stuff they lauded at the start is bollocks

I've defended them but there's consistent issues that probably comes down to Castore just not being an established enough brand for mass production and using a cheap factory.

I've said on here from before the kits were released that we would regret our desire for an embroidered badge because the Castore shirts were too thin for it. Look at the press release pictures and they have the same pulling. They probably made the decision not to embroider the Castore one because it's too detailed and has too many close gaps for a thin material. I don't know if it's changed, but I don't think any of Castore's normal range has embroidery because their badge and the small writing underneath is just not made for embroidery. I've not got all the tops to compare but this seasons are definitely much thinner than anything I have, which doesn't help with our badge. The thinness is something Castore brand as performance based but it could just be cost effective.

That could be overcome with quality template designs, semi-modern machines, and the machinists doing their job properly though. It's clear Castore don't have access to as good manufacturers as the others, their brand does in Portugal but it's second rate at best manufacturers for our stuff.

The thread count is too high and too thick and that could be fine with a better template and better machines won't jam as much so no bunching and bent writing. Old machines will jam all the time meaning the shirt stops moving but the needle keeps going, the cheap machines don't have a auto stop so it relies on the worker to stop it. These workers are just trying to push through and making only basic fixes to get the machine running again. The brands you mention pretty much have a monopoly on the best manufacturers during kit season though. I think one of the brothers maybe spoke about that in the interview with Mark or around that time as the reason for going to Turkey or China.

Then with quality control there's just more care put into better brands. Where I used to work, we done most of Scotland's school uniforms so there was huge rushes during a short period. We were pretty much told to take the time to make sure the 'better' schools were perfect and don't waste time fixing the issues on the 'lesser' schools. It will be the same with Castore until they establish themselves and have a bit of power with manufacturers.

I said to you last week or so that I thought a lot of the print problems are user error because the prints are actually quite good. But looking more at it now it's probably more likely the print material is decent to up the cost to Castore, the same as the thick overused thread, and over stitched interior, because a lot of pricing is done on thread and stitch count and thickness of print. Then they are skimping on the heat press time to get more done so it's peeling in the wash or under heat. Doing a 10 second instead of 15 second press will get you a third more done and they'll get through a few washes if you're lucky. That and the rushed embroidery points to a cheap factory that places quotas on their workers and docks them for wastage.
A bit late to the party on this post but to me that sounds like Castore would be much better with a rebrand and simplifying their logo considering embroidery on their material Is only going to increase in their business.

Got the champions shirt about 30 mins after it was released. Was suitably impressed it arrived here in Australia by the 2nd week of May, just in time for first wear watching us lift the trophy.

One wash on 40c, completely bobbly AF on the back. Looks ridiculous.

I have emailed them, but going by the 116 pages on here, not holding my breath. Can't really be arsed with the hurdles of sending back for them to inspect and then waiting 2 months to get a no-doubts similarly shite quality shirt back.

Shame - the only literal blotch on an amazing season.

All these complaints makes it very easy to stop buying it and complain to the club, they should take the issue up with them direct

All these complaints makes it very easy to stop buying it and complain to the club, they should take the issue up with them direct

The club doesn't care, mate.
They're making their money, end of.

James Bisgrove said in a recent interview that this was more or less a very small problem that affected a very small number of people and only at the start of the deal.

I know if you buy from the Castore shop you get a 2year guarantee. Does this happen for things bought on the Rangers store?

i think the Castore shop stuff is far batter quality tbh

Probably a bit off subject here but my brother sent me an Aussie league shirt (Parramatta eels)over.
The quality is way beyond any football shirt I’ve ever seen.
Two embroidered badges on quality material, it really puts our efforts to shame.

I don’t know why we can’t do similar.
Believe me the punters would pay extra for this shirt quality.

I was comparing my Hummel black and orange 1/4 zipper with the Castore navy 1/4 zipper. I am sorry but the Hummel quality is 10 times better than the castore one.

Bet Castore can't wait for fans to get back in so they can take their rage out on Tav rather than the lifecycle of synthetic fabrics.

I received two items without branding and one with no branding and no rangers badge ...
I ordered the travel full zip top last year, it was supposed to have our badge and the sponsors badge on it. It came with just the Castore logo, you could clearly see on in the packaging that was the only logo on the top.

Bizarre.

Got the champions shirt about 30 mins after it was released. Was suitably impressed it arrived here in Australia by the 2nd week of May, just in time for first wear watching us lift the trophy.

I have emailed them, but going by the 116 pages on here, not holding my breath. Can't really be arsed with the hurdles of sending back for them to inspect and then waiting 2 months to get a no-doubts similarly shite quality shirt back.

I would say that you're better washing football shirts at 30 degrees. But surely washing something at any temperature shouldn't be making anything bobbly?

I have various items like that as well.
It’s rubbish, I’ve got 1 adult strip and 3 kids strips that are all perfect and a 1/4 zip blue top that was bought at the same time that’s almost perfect aswell, all get washed together at the same recommended settings but that’s just fell to pieces

Sorry mate 40 degrees is too hot for a football top. No hotter than 30 degrees and possibly alone with a towel. All my rangers castore stuff has never been a issue and it's myself and 3 boys. Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems from around 500,000 units of merch sold its a small percentage of problems but its magnified due to social media. I'm not saying they shouldn't up the service but overall service and quality has been way better than we have recieved.

Example ajax kit man here.

I was comparing my Hummel black and orange 1/4 zipper with the Castore navy 1/4 zipper. I am sorry but the Hummel quality is 10 times better than the castore one.
I'm not surprised , Hummed have a history of making sports clothes. Castore are essentially an Instagram company that celebrities endorse but don't actually use.

I've got the black away kit but it hangs up in my closet as I'm scared to wear it to fives incase it all falls apart if it gets wet.

Sorry mate 40 degrees is too hot for a football top. No hotter than 30 degrees and possibly alone with a towel. All my rangers castore stuff has never been a issue and it's myself and 3 boys. Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems from around 500,000 units of merch sold its a small percentage of problems but its magnified due to social media. I'm not saying they shouldn't up the service but overall service and quality has been way better than we have recieved.

Up until owning Castore gear I threw all my football tops in a normal wash with other clothes at 70 degrees and never had a problem.

Ive had a bit of peeling with castore stuff on 30 degrees and I’m getting to the point I’ll not be buying anything else until they are gone

He got he Castore kit sussed, don't wash it :))

BTW Castore label says 40Deg on it

I've had the 9 in a row top since 1996. its been washed any which way you can think, tumble dried, you name it. It's in better condition than anything that's been posted here. So are all my hummell tops. The shirt wash crap is just that, absolute crap.

This was bought at the same time and been washed more, it bobbled terribly but the print has held up perfectly. definitely major problems with the print on the grey stuff I’ve seen
That material genuinely looks a well loved 20 years old. Shocking that it’s bobbled that much in such a short space of time.

That material genuinely looks a well loved 20 years old. Shocking that it’s bobbled that much in such a short space of time.
Mate it looked like that after day 1! I put it on, jumped in the car and drove 1 mile to Asda and back, came back in and it had a massive strip of bobbling from where it was in contact with the seatbelt, 30 mins old

Mate it looked like that after day 1! I put it on, jumped in the car and drove 1 mile to Asda and back, came back in and it had a massive strip of bobbling from where it was in contact with the seatbelt, 30 mins old
Yeah on day 1 of store opening my partner came in from the store with a few items and a tracksuit top they had got me had small bobbling on it already. It looks same style material as that.

I’ve stayed away from most of their stuff this season. Did buy a few 55 things like t shirts and a hoodie but haven’t worn any yet.

He got he Castore kit sussed, don't wash it :))

BTW Castore label says 40Deg on it
Hadn't noticed label said 40° before.... Yet people on here basically saying fans to blame for not washing at 30.

People blaming social media for it being more noticeable too.... Social media has been around for a long time now. I don't remember any issues of this scale with hummel or puma.

Fact is the castore stuff often hasn't been at a good enough quality. The issue is with them and their manufacturing process, they need to be better.

Should send that video on to the Castore boys

Unless it’s manky I’d never wash anything like that on even 30 degrees. Cold wash, same for jeans.

This was bought at the same time and been washed more, it bobbled terribly but the print has held up perfectly. definitely major problems with the print on the grey stuff I’ve seen
That is the same as mines for this item..Washed inside out at 30 degrees as all my items have been.

Back