Pathetic Quality From Castore

So far the own damage to my stuff is the black coaches T-shirt, the inside print is starting to came off.

I would raging if the rest was to be wrecked like some on here considering the price they charge for it.

Got the champions shirt about 30 mins after it was released. Was suitably impressed it arrived here in Australia by the 2nd week of May, just in time for first wear watching us lift the trophy.

One wash on 40c, completely bobbly AF on the back. Looks ridiculous.

I have emailed them, but going by the 116 pages on here, not holding my breath. Can't really be arsed with the hurdles of sending back for them to inspect and then waiting 2 months to get a no-doubts similarly shite quality shirt back.

Shame - the only literal blotch on an amazing season.
Lucky you, I’m still waiting on mine ( Australia ). Bit of a piss take

This was bought at the same time and been washed more, it bobbled terribly but the print has held up perfectly. definitely major problems with the print on the grey stuff I’ve seen
I have joggers that bobbled really badly, that was before they were even washed.

It is clearly a flaw with the material being used

I have joggers that bobbled really badly, that was before they were even washed.

It is clearly a flaw with the material being used

That navy tracky is just shïte mate. Looks fantastic online and in photo-shoots but it’s simply not built to last. Had the same problems with mine and the kids’. The kids’ (primary school age) obviously experience a bit more abuse but all our trackys are in a similar shït state.

Hey.... at least it’s bespoke though :rolleyes:

Few more washes and there won't be much left on my orange training top.

Genuinely have a 02/03 diaidora home top in still in perfect nick compared to castore.

Got the champions shirt about 30 mins after it was released. Was suitably impressed it arrived here in Australia by the 2nd week of May, just in time for first wear watching us lift the trophy.

One wash on 40c, completely bobbly AF on the back. Looks ridiculous.

I have emailed them, but going by the 116 pages on here, not holding my breath. Can't really be arsed with the hurdles of sending back for them to inspect and then waiting 2 months to get a no-doubts similarly shite quality shirt back.

Shame - the only literal blotch on an amazing season.
I emailed them and had no issues with their customer service team so its definitely worth persevering with mate. Ended up getting a 30% discount off my next order. I haven't used it though as I don't know if I want to waste my money on something that is just going to fall to pieces again.

I bought a 55 hoodie for knocking about the house

first wash stitching is loose and the metal end is missing from one of the strings

First and last purchase

Absolutely miles better.

In terms of quality, I’d say Castore are the worst manufacturer we’ve ever had, certainly as far back as I can remember.
Umbro was really poor in my experience, 06/07 and 07/08 kits fell to pieces but thankfully I've had no issues with any kit/training gear since.

I’d imagine you’d be able to find quite a few folk who’ve had issues with any manufacturer at some point to be fair, just by law of averages.

Maybe the next time Bisgrove is appearing on fan media podcasts, the guys could question him over the continuing issues with Castore?

There’s seldom “very difficult” questionson fan media type podcasts.

I’d imagine the content/questions will be out to the interviewee in advance for review.

To be fair, I’m sure fan media would like to ask those type of questions but it’s probably been refuted by the club/interviewee review.

It’s generally more ego massaging type questions. (ie EH project seems unbelievably fantastic - can you tell us more about it)
Although it’s hard not to given how good it’s been over the last 12 months.

I think it would be the last ever interview and an end to match day privileges that comes with it if any fan media was to ask:
“that Castore gear is shïte and falling to bits. Evidence is not only on FF but also on televised games and press conferences.... what your take on this pïsh that Castore are serving up?” :))

I woke early this morning (5.15 a.m.), switched on 5 Live and one of the Bisgroves, don't know which one, was in the middle of a quite lengthy interview on their business programme. He made the point about how important Andy Murray and Rangers were to establishing their credibility and building their business and went on to say that they were looking to expand in England and Europe. Wolves and some major European clubs were mentioned. Reading this thread, I would suggest he rectifies problems with the Rangers merchandise first.

I woke early this morning (5.15 a.m.), switched on 5 Live and one of the Bisgroves, don't know which one, was in the middle of a quite lengthy interview on their business programme. He made the point about how important Andy Murray and Rangers were to establishing their credibility and building their business and went on to say that they were looking to expand in England and Europe. Wolves and some major European clubs were mentioned. Reading this thread, I would suggest he rectifies problems with the Rangers merchandise first.

Think you're maybe getting a bit mixed up mate.

James Bisgrove is our Commercial and Marketing Director.

Umbro was really poor in my experience, 06/07 and 07/08 kits fell to pieces but thankfully I've had no issues with any kit/training gear since.

I’d imagine you’d be able to find quite a few folk who’ve had issues with any manufacturer at some point to be fair, just by law of averages.
Good points mate ..Umbro in 06/07 were poor as was one of the diadorra seasons ..Puma 2014 were terrible though a lot of folk weren't buying from the fat man .

Talking about 30 degree washes like it’s roasting. It’s lower than body temperature! You should be able to wash they things without bits falling off.

Ive got a few things, the kids third strips have been fine, couple of my castore Rangers t shirts have been fine but the castore cotton Rangers hoody isn’t all that great, seems to wash up ok though.

There’s seldom “very difficult” questionson fan media type podcasts.

I’d imagine the content/questions will be out to the interviewee in advance for review.

To be fair, I’m sure fan media would like to ask those type of questions but it’s probably been refuted by the club/interviewee review.

It’s generally more ego massaging type questions. (ie EH project seems unbelievably fantastic - can you tell us more about it)
Although it’s hard not to given how good it’s been over the last 12 months.

I think it would be the last ever interview and an end to match day privileges that comes with it if any fan media was to ask:
“that Castore gear is shïte and falling to bits. Evidence is not only on FF but also on televised games and press conferences.... what your take on this pïsh that Castore are serving up?” :))

I realise this, but match day privileges shouldn't really come into it.

Bisgrove was quoted as recently as the Belfast store as saying the early issues faced by Castore were no more. Maybe he isn't actually aware?

I've had the 9 in a row top since 1996. its been washed any which way you can think, tumble dried, you name it. It's in better condition than anything that's been posted here. So are all my hummell tops. The shirt wash crap is just that, absolute crap.
I didn’t keep all my tips from days gone by, but I kept a couple of my favourites which were the 1992 Adidas equipment home and the 1999 Nike NTL home and third top the red one

Both those tops went on holiday with me to malia, Aya Napa, Marbella etc on lads boozy holidays . Basically worn poolside , scrunched into a wee “ pillow” for sunbathing , Piz Buin coconut oil on them , beer , chlorine from pool etc , exposure to the sun . I swear the condition of them now and they are 20/30 years old is better than my wee boys Castore kit that is a year old . The 1999 NTL ones in particular have held up brilliantly the material is exceptionally cool and soft , no bobbles , sponsor still perfect etc .

How can anyone tell me that there’s no concerns about Castore when I and thousands of others can literally compare them to tops we’ve kept from decades ago ? We arent

I realise this, but match day privileges shouldn't really come into it.

Bisgrove was quoted as recently as the Belfast store as saying the early issues faced by Castore were no more. Maybe he isn't actually aware?

It shouldn’t, but it will unless it’s an absolute catastrophic do or die situation.

Fan media guys are humans/fans like us as well as “media”
Not many people will cut their nose to spite their face.

On the other point about Bisgrove being aware.... I’m absolutely certain he’s aware. I think that’s a generic answer he gave. In reality, he’s a money man, so whilst the merchandise is flying off the shelves and the money is in the bank - there’ll be no issue in the eye of the club.

Good points mate ..Umbro in 06/07 were poor as was one of the diadorra seasons ..Puma 2014 were terrible though a lot of folk weren't buying from the fat man .
I never even bought the Blackthorn one, looked cheap shite.

I emailed them and had no issues with their customer service team so its definitely worth persevering with mate. Ended up getting a 30% discount off my next order. I haven't used it though as I don't know if I want to waste my money on something that is just going to fall to pieces again.

30% off your order and 50% of the lettering off the short. Some deal.

Despite only being washed twice the lettering on my away shirt is all hanging off or fallen off and there is nothing at all left on my grey and orange training top. In fact it would take a skilled team of forensics to work out it was ever a Castore training top. They seriously need to up their game for next season.

I returned my third kit, had been washed twice and Castore logo on the breast had come off completely and everything on the inside neck (size, writing etc) had come off...

got a credit note from them so will maybe use it for next seasons kit if they improve!

Absolutely miles better.

In terms of quality, I’d say Castore are the worst manufacturer we’ve ever had, certainly as far back as I can remember.
First season of Puma was bad and the second and third season of Diadora (which was actually Rangers) were poor. But this is on another level.

I didn’t keep all my tips from days gone by, but I kept a couple of my favourites which were the 1992 Adidas equipment home and the 1999 Nike NTL home and third top the red one

Both those tops went on holiday with me to malia, Aya Napa, Marbella etc on lads boozy holidays . Basically worn poolside , scrunched into a wee “ pillow” for sunbathing , Piz Buin coconut oil on them , beer , chlorine from pool etc , exposure to the sun . I swear the condition of them now and they are 20/30 years old is better than my wee boys Castore kit that is a year old . The 1999 NTL ones in particular have held up brilliantly the material is exceptionally cool and soft , no bobbles , sponsor still perfect etc .

How can anyone tell me that there’s no concerns about Castore when I and thousands of others can literally compare them to tops we’ve kept from decades ago ? We arent
That all rings true with my experience as well. Are the club doing anything about it? not a clue. Probably not, as pointed out while the money is flowing they won't care. The hard fact is we are customers, just a number. Only if sales started to plummet would anyone at Rangers (or maybe even Castore) take note. The stuff from this past season has been abysmal if we are honest. Players stuff doing the same as ours is utterly embarrassing

Still waiting for a fcking refund.

Rangers / Castore - absolute amateurs. Won't buy another thing from them. Tempted to bill them for the time I've spent chasing them up.

Second batch of Champions strips due from today.

Ordered 3 months ago now. Wonder how long they’ll be delayed by from now.

Items were delivered by Royal Mail, but the Returns label seems to suggest Hermes for returns.

Is this correct, I thought Hermes were binned?
Just received my champions top from Hermes. Was filled with dread when I got the email saying the were the courier! 2 tops damaged last time! Never arrived.

Just recieved my champions top and the writing must've been done by a Tim or stevie wonder! Squint as %^*&! Not happy. How is castore with returns and replacement of the champions top bears?

All the writing is back to front, that's shocking! :))

If you are near Ibrox they will take it back in store no bother I would think. Otherwise its the old castore lottery, could be a week, could be a month. They won't refund postage but will refund the shirt price.

Tricky taking selfie at that angle mate
You mentioned the Mrs. We need a new photo without the reversed lettering and, of course (it is FF) one of the Mrs for good measure ha ha.

I'm kidding mate. If you are near Glasgow (or Belfast) your best bet is to return it to one of the shops. You might not be able to get another one though if they have sold out.

Back