Pathetic Quality From Castore

My experience with Castore has been nowhere near bad as other people. However, I can certainly say that I am very reluctant to spend more money on merchandise atm because we are being completely let down collectively in terms of service and quality. I wouldn’t imagine I am alone in this. Rangers may have made a lot of money this year, but I dare say it would have been much more if the fans actually had faith in the system.

Yes I do believe some people are now actively seeking out things to moan about for staunch points on this thread.
I returned my home kit because it had issues with the printing on the inside (minor issue I suppose) and the material on the back of the neck looked 5 years old after 1 wash.
Swapped it for the third kit due to the very well publicised issues with the home shirt.

Held up well initially, now looks like it’s 15 years old (much worse than Hummel one I still wear) and even some of my retro shirts as well which are 30 years old

for clarity, here’s a picture of my third shirt, washed at 30° with my kids stuff, hung out to dry or at worst on a clothes horse. I’ve also had to attempt to iron the “d” from 32 red back on as well.

You only need to look at training and interview videos with players to see their stuff falling apart as well. Unless Jimmy Bell suddenly forgot how to wash stuff?

Most people are perfectly happy, FF is a bubble where people are now looking for FF points if they can find something about Castore to complain about.

I have bought plenty and had absolutely no issues with the quality, as have most people.
Im glad you have mate. I have bought 9 different strips as i collect our strips and 5 have been faulty to a level of having to return them. 2 others are not perfect but not worth sending back. Do ypu think thsys an acceptable ratio?

Due to my arthritis im unable to go to the Rangers shops, so i have to run the risk of having to order online.

I ordered some items in the sale a few weeks back, received my confirmation email pretty quickly and money right out my account. I heard nothing at all from them after that, gave it a few weeks but decided to email yesterday to ask for an update and got I reply saying "we're sorry, a technical glitch meant we didn't actually have any of those items in stock but they remained on sale. We cannot process your order, let us know if you want a refund or a credit note". I wonder how many other people's cash they are holding with no actual delivery going to happen. Poor service in the first instance but mistakes happen but I certainly shouldn't need to contact them before they let me know

I've sent a champions shirt back over two weeks ago now for a full refund (which was a bit of a nightmare in itself) and have had no word on a refund or anything since.

Just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat?

It was a shambles trying to return. Clicked on the UK returns portal and was met with the message:

"Please note the Pre Ordered Champions Shirt cannot be returned via this portal"

What? Why? Explaining how I do return them might be an idea then, no?

After emailing Rangers concierge they explained I had to go through Hermes, and do a search for Castore, then organise a courier or pick up point and print off a returns label.

What a ball ache.
Can take up to 28 days.

A drunk purchase of mine was refunded on day 27.

Most people aren't. Unless you don't have twitter or facebook.

You've not had issues, great. But don't try and make out its all rosy and we are just moaning for the sake of it
To be fair, I probably know 7/8 personally who have bought the strips and stuff off the Castore website and not a single one of them has had an issue with quality, service or timescales.

That’s not to say it hasn’t happened, Castore definitely need to up their game.

I ordered some items in the sale a few weeks back, received my confirmation email pretty quickly and money right out my account. I heard nothing at all from them after that, gave it a few weeks but decided to email yesterday to ask for an update and got I reply saying "we're sorry, a technical glitch meant we didn't actually have any of those items in stock but they remained on sale. We cannot process your order, let us know if you want a refund or a credit note". I wonder how many other people's cash they are holding with no actual delivery going to happen. Poor service in the first instance but mistakes happen but I certainly shouldn't need to contact them before they let me know
Yep, same with me. Ordered the end of season training top that had 50% off with a code they sent out in an email. Heard nothing for around 10 days so emailed them asking for an update and got the same reply as you. Amazes me how companies can't keep control of stock levels, 1 man/woman companies can keep control of stock and have better customer service than Castore.

Most people are perfectly happy, FF is a bubble where people are now looking for FF points if they can find something about Castore to complain about.

I have bought plenty and had absolutely no issues with the quality, as have most people.
That very much isn't the case here, your argument is flimsy.

I know multiple people who kitted themselves and kids out who are disgusted with the quality and longevity of the items they bought. Top, shorts, trackie trousers, jumpers, issues with most of them. None of them post on here. It's good if folk haven't had problems but yoyr kidding yourself on and showing a shitty level of respect to people who have proved that this is a shit show from what appears to be a bunch of chancers.

I don't see this deal lasting the course. Quality wise, fck this years strip up and it's done. Service wise, zero excuse, it's absolutely atrocious

I think about 80% of people's problems seem to be with the printed parts of the shirts.

TBF I bought my home top at the very start and I have worn it a good amount of times during the full season. Not a single bit of the lettering/sponsor/logo has peeled off. I can't grumble at all except for the shoulder panel of the top as compared to the away/third kit it's miles apart in quality so much so you would be forgiven for thinking it was a copy from abroad.

Kids tops I got at Xmas were a different kettle of fish. Son got the home with Morelos on the back. name and number held up pretty well some of the letters now look as if they are coming off round the edges.
Utilla sponsor one of the small letters at the bottom has come off.

Daughter got a woman's third kit, two washes and most of the inside labels have come off. On the front one of the Castore letters at the bottom has come off.
The difference in the quality of the shoulder panel and collar on the third kit is night and day compared to the home tops it is so bad.

In reality £70 is a lot of money for a t-shirt so you would expect it to be a fairly decent quality.
The first home shirts released by Hummel had all printed logos and even the chevrons on the side panel were printed. I still have our three home shirts that season and not one of them has even looked close to coming off.

Must be better this season from Castore or eventually the damage to their rep will be almost beyond repair.

Anyone got a number for the Rangers Store? Ordered a top for Father's Day on 7th June. Paid £5.95 delivery so it would be here before Sunday but it's now two days away and not looking likely.

I emailed them the other day and as seems the norm, have had nothing back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.s. I've ordered a few other things and I might be in the minority but it's all been perfect condition and delivered with ease.

Ordered 3 tops on Tuesday in the sale. All arrived today. No issues.
giphy.gif

I ordered three items for my Dad. It was his birthday on Monday past so I figured that would be his birthday and Father's Day gifts. Placed the order on June 3rd thinking that would be plenty of time.

When I didn't get a shipping notification after a week I contacted them and they said it can take 10 working days for delivery. When I still didn't have a shipping notification after two weeks I contacted them again only to be told that one of the items is unavailable and I could replace it or have a refund.

These were three items that they were selling online for, what I thought, immediate delivery. No pre-orders or special items or anything like that but it takes two weeks to tell me one is out of stock, and probably only because I contacted them.

They're a joke and they don't care about us.

Agreed on that. Never had a problem.

Held off buying anything due to seeing photos of some of the gear my mrs ordered the champions top as a father's day present, the top looks like a really bad copy squint champions 20/21, lettering the red bit on the back of the neck isn't right as one of the white bits is thicker than the other side and worst of all the fucking crest is odd looking bottom half of the C is noticeably different from the top.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

I ordered 2 tops from DHgate. They came from Thailand and if im honest the quality isn't much different from the real thing, not had any problems with them, but my Third kit which is an official Castore one is starting to peel at the sponsor. Bought the Championship home top but its getting framed so shouldn't have any bother with it.

I was unhappy with the quality of my shirt that I ordered from the 1st batch , arrived on trophy day but I only opened it couple of weeks ago as it was a birthday present from the family..embroidery was shocking, emailed castore and explained I was unhappy, included photos in my email...got a reply from Castore to say I'd be sent a replacement within 10 working days...it arrived this morning and I'd say it looks perfect .

I've sent a champions shirt back over two weeks ago now for a full refund (which was a bit of a nightmare in itself) and have had no word on a refund or anything since.

Just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat?

It was a shambles trying to return. Clicked on the UK returns portal and was met with the message:

"Please note the Pre Ordered Champions Shirt cannot be returned via this portal"

What? Why? Explaining how I do return them might be an idea then, no?

After emailing Rangers concierge they explained I had to go through Hermes, and do a search for Castore, then organise a courier or pick up point and print off a returns label.

What a ball ache.
I had the same hassle. Then Hermes lost the returned parcel and I spent over a month arguing with them and Rangers over who was gonna give me my money back.
Eventually Rangers refunded me, I’m still waiting for Hermes to refund me the delivery charge.

Useless bastards. All of them.

I had the same hassle. Then Hermes lost the returned parcel and I spent over a month arguing with them and Rangers over who was gonna give me my money back.
Eventually Rangers refunded me, I’m still waiting for Hermes to refund me the delivery charge.

Useless bastards. All of them.
Shocking stuff that mate! Looking like it’s going to be the same scenario here. What an utter shambles. Rangers need to sort this shit out quick as it’s beyond embarrassing.

Ordered stuff two weeks ago yesterday. No despatch email. No word from them. Checked my banking this morning and they have refunded me £2. I’m assuming this is for the delay?

Shambles. Terrible customer service.

I was unhappy with the quality of my shirt that I ordered from the 1st batch , arrived on trophy day but I only opened it couple of weeks ago as it was a birthday present from the family..embroidery was shocking, emailed castore and explained I was unhappy, included photos in my email...got a reply from Castore to say I'd be sent a replacement within 10 working days...it arrived this morning and I'd say it looks perfect .
How'd you send faulty one back mate?

I didn't....they never asked me to return it , so now I have 2...I'll probably frame it.

I had the same with mine. Got to keep one but I had another two which came later that needed returning.

After emailing the concierge was told you need to use Hermes website and search Castore and return through there whether via courier or pick up point.

If anything a few of us others experience the package will magically get lost by Hermes and you will need to fight to get refunded.

exact same as me.

My experience with Castore has been nowhere near bad as other people. However, I can certainly say that I am very reluctant to spend more money on merchandise atm because we are being completely let down collectively in terms of service and quality. I wouldn’t imagine I am alone in this. Rangers may have made a lot of money this year, but I dare say it would have been much more if the fans actually had faith in the system.

I dont know what the quality is like because they cancelled my order and then took 10 weeks to refund the equivalent of almost half a month's wages .I simply wont buy from them. I wouldn't shop with any other company that treated me like that, they dont get a pass to treat people badly because they are linked to rangers.

Last edited:
I dont know what the quality is like because they cancelled my order and then took 10 weeks to refund the equivalent of almost half a month's wages .I simply wont buy from them. I wouldn't shop with any other company that treated me like that, they dont get a pass to treat people badly because they are linked to rangers.
The problem is we don't want to do anything that will hurt our club, but when you get treated like crap by a company who supply a bad quality product and service equally as bad well then its not on.
Last year saw record sales of all sorts I will cut mine down this year to the minimum home tops.
They now have Hermes handling overseas delivery so from a previous excellent service the tracking and delivery times now are just shite. The Hummel products shit all over Castore as well.

ANOTHER Email received today re 2 tops from FIRST BATCH order still not received and still no further forward as to the hold up or when I’ll get them

Hi Lesley,

Thank You for your email

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused on this occasion

I can see that we are currently working on all of the orders and aiming to clear all of the outstanding orders which have not yet been dispatched from our warehouse. Once this has been dispatched you will receive an email confirmation along with the tracking details.

Thank You again for your continued support and we hope to hear from you shortly

Have a great day and Thank You for your continued support”

Email has been fired right back asking IF they’ve actually instigated an investigation (as previous email stated they were doing) and what the outcome was and stating all I’ve had is them regurgitating the same poor excuses, telling me nothing, no updates.

Actually not holding my breath on a satisfactory reply explaining how Sports Direct are selling these limited edition tops when I haven’t received my 2 from first batch order OR as to what the hold up has been on mine when people are receiving 2nd batch tops now OR even receiving both tops.

They do realise any support / goodwill is GONE.

Last edited:
I ordered three items for my Dad. It was his birthday on Monday past so I figured that would be his birthday and Father's Day gifts. Placed the order on June 3rd thinking that would be plenty of time.

When I didn't get a shipping notification after a week I contacted them and they said it can take 10 working days for delivery. When I still didn't have a shipping notification after two weeks I contacted them again only to be told that one of the items is unavailable and I could replace it or have a refund.

These were three items that they were selling online for, what I thought, immediate delivery. No pre-orders or special items or anything like that but it takes two weeks to tell me one is out of stock, and probably only because I contacted them.

They're a joke and they don't care about us.

Castore are sending my two remaining items and it'll be 10 days for delivery. so that'll be 20 working days, or four weeks , in total to deliver two t-shirts. That's if they get delivered. :rolleyes:

Was in the clubshop a few days ago and noticed the Golf merchandise, the cut and feel of the fabric is absolute quality and is what all the football gear should have been....but wasnt

I bought some regular Castore gear when they were first announced as our new retail partner and have to say it is great quality, they have seriously downgraded when making our merchandise and there is no other reason for it other than penny pinching, outsourcing with lower grade materials and not realising the size of the task in hand. We should never have agreed the contract.

More problems to report unfortunately. My old man ordered the champions quarter zip on trophy day. Waited 2 weeks not a peep from rangers. Emailed them and it took another 2 weeks to get the item. Put that down to them being busy. Got an email about the end of season sale. Ordered the blue quarter zip, again waited for 2 weeks again not a peep. Mailed them on Friday got a reply today saying item out of stock and they can’t fulfil would I like a refund or credit note. Now I understand that there are always mistakes but 2 in a row without any contact from rangers/castore is disgraceful.

Theres absolutely no way castore are gonna deal with the new kits launches any better this year as even after a year they’re still making the same mistakes. Expect carnage in about a months time.

More problems to report unfortunately. My old man ordered the champions quarter zip on trophy day. Waited 2 weeks not a peep from rangers. Emailed them and it took another 2 weeks to get the item. Put that down to them being busy. Got an email about the end of season sale. Ordered the blue quarter zip, again waited for 2 weeks again not a peep. Mailed them on Friday got a reply today saying item out of stock and they can’t fulfil would I like a refund or credit note. Now I understand that there are always mistakes but 2 in a row without any contact from rangers/castore is disgraceful.

Theres absolutely no way castore are gonna deal with the new kits launches any better this year as even after a year they’re still making the same mistakes. Expect carnage in about a months time.
Same happened to me with the blue quarter zip. Used the discount code they sent out to get it for half price but 2 weeks later I chased them up and got offered a refund or credit. Shambles.

Same happened to me twice and the wife once. Joke

Folk saying standards will be better next season as had chance to prepare better are in for a shock.

Can’t even think of a brand/retailer that is even remotely as continually shambolic as them so will be putting money into the club via other means with the exception of home strips for the kids.

Folk saying standards will be better next season as had chance to prepare better are in for a shock.

Can’t even think of a brand/retailer that is even remotely as continually shambolic as them so will be putting money into the club via other means with the exception of home strips for the kids.
It’s gonna be an absolute shambles when the home top comes out.

Back