Pathetic Quality From Castore

Maybe they did but when we had nike and adidas and someone got a faulty top it was probably just returned and exchanged and nobody knew about it due to lack of social media.

I've had every home top since I was born and 90% of them have developed imperfections.

Mainly bobbling and sponsors that have cracked, peeled off and even faded.

Obviously the quality control of sending out imperfect products is bad, but I do agree that this isn't specific to Castore (though can't comment on it's frequency).

Slightly off topic but has anybody else looked at the other Castore stuff on the website? A quick scroll through their other gear and it looks completely amateurish. Ill fitting tops on models and a lot with the peaks on the shoulders as well. There’s something seriously wrong with their templates they use.

Last season we were told it was teething problems and that they were basically guinea-pigging us to get into the football market. You’d think there would be measures put in place to ensure they aren’t embarrassing themselves again but I’d guess this is just the start of another shoddy production. Seen better quality on 90s kits from DHgate.

122 pages, around 40/50% of posters on those pages with issues but those same posters are the odd one with an issue? Castore are an utter shambles and a club the size of Rangers should never have partnered with them.

commercially, we should have brought it in house when offered the chance. Quality control is an absolute basic in retail. Castore appear to go to Asia or turkey and tout for a manufacturer who can promise to fulfil orders at the cheapest price and then go with that. It’s a scandal that this has continued for as long.
I was just about to post the same thing.

How can it be a an odd one with an issue when we are on now 123 pages and building.

I have had three shirts, washed as per the insutrctions for the first two and the third is on a cold wash and still peeling after three washes.

Can people stop trying to defend this shambles of supposed superior brand.

I've had every home top since I was born and 90% of them have developed imperfections.

Mainly bobbling and sponsors that have cracked, peeled off and even faded.

Obviously the quality control of sending out imperfect products is bad, but I do agree that this isn't specific to Castore (though can't comment on it's frequency).
Last season was very poor, it's bonkers that there are still people who seem to deny/defend it to be honest.

While all tops will ultimately develop issues over time, the problem last season was the frequency and speed with which faults occurred. Folk who've had football tops their whole lives being questioned on how to wash them because sponsors were falling off, etc after one or two washes.

All manufacturers will have some defects in production, but it was clearly a high level last year.

This season we'll have to wait and see. A few issues so far, but hard to gauge how much of an improvement it'll be until a couple of weeks have passed and more people have kit and have washed it. The examples posted so far are pretty poor in all honesty though.

A shirt without a badge is a bespoke, ultra lightweight, high performance fabric item. People who don’t realise that need their heads examined.

I’m in the middle with Castore. Not going to defend them (I am not obligated to) and some of the concerns around QC are totally valid. That being said, the situation anecdotally seems to be ten times better than last year which was a total car crash and social media means that many more of these issues are coming to light, as opposed to previous decades. My top is due to be delivered today. If I have issues with it then I’m not buying anything else from Castore.

I hear you. However that first season with Hummel was a total rush job. A local kit provider in Glasgow area had to sort the team out for first day of training under Gerrard as Hummel struggled to fulfil the order.

Kent’s top in Villarreal was again done with a weeks notice as all kits Hummel provided had Utilita on the back which wasn’t allowed in Europa League. It’s why that went wrong.

Can’t make excuses for Hastie’s chevrons a year later but my point remains, on the whole fans were not let down by Hummel when it came to quality of items compared to Castore.

The quality of Hummel v Castore isn't even a question for me.

Although I wasn't a massive fan of the Hummel kits I have loads of the training gear & it still all looks decent even though they've been worn & washed loads.

The last issue I remember this bad was when Carling was peeling off of shirts and you had to take it back to have it stuck back on. Same happened with the 5 stars when they were printing them in store too.

I've never had an issue with any top or shorts I've bought....except a pair of diadora shorts which are starting to flake. Cold or Warm water wash and no tumble drying does the trick people!

Are Castore still supplying from several outlets and are the issues coming from one particular manufacturer?

For the life of me I can’t understand why 95% of folk have little or no issues whilst the other 5% are hit with the bad luck.

I’ve got visions of bears putting Rangers tops on their good ladies and giving the a good rodgering from behind on the carpet.
How else do these logos peel and drop off?
Since everyone is denying washing them at too high a temperature, I’m at a loss.

For the life of me I can’t understand why 95% of folk have little or no issues whilst the other 5% are hit with the bad luck.

That’s nonsense. It’s a lot more than 5%. You’ll only hear about it online and as people like to always say, Follow Follow is only a small percentage of the voice of our support.

Have a look back on this thread at the Castore gear the players were wearing as the season progressed. The training wear was falling to bits.

I've been lucky with 90% of the Rangers gear bought.

Had a few non Rangers items from Castore and only 1 from 4 was good enough not to send back. Black out hoodie was atrocious, bobbled as soon as you sat down or brushed against anything. For a 'premium' brand a lot of the quality is pish.

They were a means to an end and as soon as the deal can be exited it should. They just can't deal with the levels that we need and some of the images posted of problems with Rangers gear is amateurish.

Last edited:
That’s nonsense. It’s a lot more than 5%. You’ll only hear about it online and as people like to always say, Follow Follow is only a small percentage of the voice of our support.

Have a look back on this thread at the Castore gear the players were wearing as the season progressed. The training wear was falling to bits.

A couple of my mates who don’t use Follow Follow had trouble with training and normal tops last year.

Honestly the people still defending these cowboys I can only imagine happily renewed when the spivs were in charge at Ibrox and just sat down and kept their mouth shut.

The 1st season with puma ( blackthorn) was shocking , but it wasn't a major issue due to the fans boycott of fat Mike
There's also a distinction to be made between merchandise that is just of lower quality in general and kit that is actually defective.

Some of the Puma/Umbro tops we had in recent times were very low quality and shit design - but they didn't fall apart in the wash or arrive with badges hanging off with the frequency of Castore's efforts last year.

Are Castore still supplying from several outlets and are the issues coming from one particular manufacturer?

I’ve got visions of bears putting Rangers tops on their good ladies and giving the a good rodgering from behind on the carpet.
How else do these logos peel and drop off?
Since everyone is denying washing them at too high a temperature, I’m at a loss.
5%? I mean we are on page 123 and I would say on each page there is at least 2/3rds of a poster complaing.

I have had three shirts the first two I followed the instructions, they peeled within 3-4 washes and the third shirt I have only ever washed on a cold wash and its lasted around 6 washes before the Castore logo lost the S and E....Their s#ite its as simple as that.

5%? I mean we are on page 123 and I would say on each page there is at least 2/3rds of a poster complaing.

I have had three shirts the first two I followed the instructions, they peeled within 3-4 washes and the third shirt I have only ever washed on a cold wash and its lasted around 6 washes before the Castore logo lost the S and E....Their s#ite its as simple as that.
Folk tend not to get worked up enough to post about their top that’s not faulty.

You think 66% of their gear is sub standard, I’ll stick with my estimate thanks.

Folk tend not to get worked up enough to post about their top that’s not faulty.

You think 66% of their gear is sub standard, I’ll stick with my estimate thanks.
I agree that it wont be 66% so apologies for not being clear on my estimate but I certainly think its a hell of a lot more than 5%. Taking this thread, other threads, social media platforms and the many who have accepted the issue without complaint like I did for the first top I certainly think 5% is miles off it.

Last year I experienced issues on two orders with no contact after ordering, then chased up to be told an item was out of stock, had to then respond and ask if I could get the rest of it, which they did.

Reading through again, this is still happening. I see Hermes taking some of the blame but I’ve never had a problem with the delivery (that they charge £5.50 for!), it’s been the processing & despatch times that are slow, added to the poor communication relying on the customer to chase up when things aren’t happening.

I’m sure Castore mentioned were taking on more people, but to me it reads like they still need more admin / warehouse staff and a better live stock tracking system.

Also, not to offer an express option after all this time is pretty rubbish.

Maybe, like me, they have never experienced anything bad.
well count yourself lucky , my orange training too had lost the majority of the sponsor and the rangers badge also with my sliders which the material was splitting , then look at the post below and go onto the guys Twitter someone posted a new top without the rangers crest on it, they are a bunch of absolute cowboys and chancers.

My new top is fine. But I was due some luck after the horror show of a performance I received from Castore last season.

I also believe the club are fully aware of the issues with Castore & were willing to cut them some slack last season. So will be interesting to see what (if anything) they do about it this season if the trend continues.
Castore are shite at making our product if Stevie wonder was in charge of quality control he'd do a better job.
Now they have Hermes doing overseas delivery who then forward them to DHL after sitting two weeks with Hermes.
It's a disaster so from 14 days delivery or less with great feedback from DHL to Australia we now have Hermes with their snouts in the trough and its 4 weeks in total and their usual shitey tracking They ruined what was a great delivery service and detailed tracking from DHL by getting Hermes involved. :mad:

Last edited:
Every time I see this thread come back with more complaints really is angering. I wouldn’t pay another penny for the cheap shite they are supplying.
It’s my kids I feel sorry for. All the castore marketing shite they gave us only to be let down. I can’t wait to see the back of these chancers to be honest.

My new top is fine. But I was due some luck after the horror show of a performance I received from Castore last season.

I also believe the club are fully aware of the issues with Castore & were willing to cut them some slack last season. So will be interesting to see what (if anything) they do about it this season if the trend continues.
They’ll do nothing, they’re making money and that’s all that matters to them let’s face it. We are customers and not very important in the grand scheme of things as long as folk keep buying

Iv tried telling the Mrs this and she will not fucking listen. No wonder my sponsor is starting to go to %^*&!

Mate, I have been there and was well pissed off.

I had the 14/15 HSV shirt with the stripe down the middle and my wife washed it with softener.

And yeah, the sponsor started falling off too.

Gutted.

Last edited:
Back