Pathetic Quality From Castore

What I also find infuriating with the measley, condescending statement last night was that none of this was done through their own official channels.

Castore, for whatever mind-boggling reason have still failed to get a Twitter account, and so leave the dirty work to fan media with a statement that was typed on bloody iPhone notes?

Imagine the club sent a statement out on notes, people would be going tonto, I just find it a very pathetic attempt to spray some water on the flames and yet again amateur hour from the company we were supposed to expect professionalism from.

Who actually made this statement? Did Rangers force them to hastily compile it? Why is it not being paraded on official channels?
They had the bloody cheek to post an Instagram post with the caption "attention to detail" and turn off the comments.

Yet the only shop on the high street to stock our kit is sports direct and it's subsidiaries.

The alarm bells should've been ringing with their pathetic response to that situation.
Why would they market it out to SD if they know fans won't buy from them?
If they were selling to all retailers, why are SD still the only ones selling the gear outside of direct?

Just another attempt to put wool over our eyes.

I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by the whole range of Castore products (sure I took pelters for saying so a while back). The strips are just lazy generic designs, if they had a Macron logo on them this place would have gone nuts calling them cheap and nasty. None of the training or leisure wear is even in our colours and is generic AF, possibly because they knew third part manufacturers would struggle with more bespoke designs. Be honest, if you took the Rangers badge off and replaced it with another club, you’d say the half zip training tops were cheap shit.

This is probably a knee-jerk reaction, but I hope we can use this debacle to end our contract early and finally move back to one of the more established brands.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the designs of the strips or the training range. They are bespoke because we are their only football client and I’m not exactly sure what you expect if you’re calling them basic.

The alarm bells should've been ringing with their pathetic response to that situation.
Why would they market it out to SD if they know fans won't buy from them?
If they were selling to all retailers, why are SD still the only ones selling the gear outside of direct?

Just another attempt to put wool over our eyes.
SD will have a window to sell them as a sweetener IMO

Modern consumer capitalism in a nutshell.

Again we agree. "We want the deal!! We deserve it! Mine! Mine! The glory, the prestige, the media exposure, the money.....ha! But we can't actually make 500,000 items for you, or anything close so after the first batch we're using Mehmet from Marmaris but f*** the idiot fans, they'll never know."

The statement is as unprofessional as Castore themselves.
Typed on a phone.
Not dated.
No name or signature to take ownership and responsibly for the statement.
Not released on Castore or Rangers official social media channels, unless I’m mistaken?
Doesn’t acknowledge the lack of after sales customer service available for those who can’t make it to Ibrox to return an item.
Doesn’t acknowledge the many flaws throughout a lot of the home tops and lifestyle range, such as logos peeling off, bad stitching, the £30 limited edition hat posted here for example.
The problems are a whole lot more than a few school jumpers printed on and sold by mistake and a few pro shirts slipping through the net.
To even call that a ‘statement’ is a piss take in itself.

Last edited:
That's Castore, not us. in 4 years time we can sign with whomever we want. No matching clauses etc
I'm sorry but I don't believe any of it. We've been told every year since 2017 that we are rid of the fat man. Yet here he is telling folk he has the exclusive deal. We were told he hadn't yet his shops are the only ones being allowed to stock and sell our kits. I'm sick of all the lies we get fed. Is it too hard for our board to just be truthful to us.

SD will have a window to sell them as a sweetener IMO

Why are they not telling us that, given that is the case?
I understand it's not that important or earth-shattering but it's simple transparency that us, as paying fans aren't receiving and doesn't look good at all when it all piles up over time and destroys credibility like today.
I'm not believing a word Castore say from now on, it'll take a hell of a lot to convince me from what I've seen on this thread that they're not lying to fans to save their face from the real problems they're going through behind the scenes.

According to them, they have only outsourced the Junior Lifestyle sweaters - which is not common practice...

IMG-20200820-220624.jpg

IMG-20200820-220200.jpg
I'm not going to lie, a statement written on the notes app on an IPhone is like something even the spivs would have been embarrassed to attempt.

Castore are in partnership with a huge institution with an enormous, worldwide customer base. Sadly it seems that they are unable to conduct themselves in an acceptable fashion when customers are rightly raising issues about goods they have paid good money for.

The statement raises more questions that answers. All of the away and third kits seem to be the 'pro' versions, is this another mistake? All of the woman's home kits are also the 'pro' version, a mistake too?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the designs of the strips or the training range. They are bespoke because we are their only football client and I’m not exactly sure what you expect if you’re calling them basic.
Each to their own, but I was expecting better. I’m not that into wearing football gear anymore but would have bought a t-shirt or training top if something took my fancy. I get that it’s difficult to make it look good when it needs to be covered in branding and sponsors, but the stuff just doesn’t look great for me.

Take the Anthem Jacket for example. Stick a Raith or Falkirk badge on it and it wouldn’t look out of place in League 1.

Hopefully it’s all teething problems and next season we get some good quality (in the literal sense) gear which we can actually buy. I think they have put out crappy basic designs because it was all rushed and they knew they would be using TPMs who couldn’t manufacture higher spec items in bulk.

I guess a lot of people are now wary of being fed manure by businessmen after the Green and Whtye eras, followed by Ashley. It sets alarm bells ringing and should not be ignored.

Aye the Beahon brothers will just conjoin at the next press conference and pull off a mask revealing Ashley.

Or is it more likely a company overstated its ability to fulfill its initial commitment's and understated the demand of the Rangers support after the first few months of a contract?

Not everyone's out to get us ffs.

Think I'm being pretty reasonable in saying I'm happy to give them at least until next seasons release to get it right but that somehow feels like an extreme view on here:D

Also love how we went as a support from buzzing to be able to get money into the club and saying how we'd buy everything regardless of its standard or how fashionable it is to I'll not give them a penny because they messed one order up.

Sidebar, refunds take between 14 to 30 days to be processed following Castore getting the items back into their warehouse. Seen a few folk asking the same question on it.

It’s not just kit suppliers either. We hear the same stuff year in year out around most things to do with the club. We never learn the patterns and so many are now pre-programmed to believe that mediocrity is as much as we should expect that we’re easy targets.

I think we're now mostly programmed to perceive any new development or approach as overwhelmingly better than what came before it, regardless of whether that's grounded in evidence or not.

Also love how we went as a support from buzzing to be able to get money into the club and saying how we'd buy everything regardless of its standard or how fashionable it is to I'll not give them a penny because they messed one order up.

Perhaps because this is a new day and people are only seeing this thread for the first time, but that's a really, really stupid comment to make if you bothered to read this thread.

There’s many more problems than the home top to be honest mate.

I’m in the camp where I feel let down so far, but I’m not going to stop buying products and hope they can recover as time goes on.

What I also find infuriating with the measley, condescending statement last night was that none of this was done through their own official channels.

Castore, for whatever mind-boggling reason have still failed to get a Twitter account, and so leave the dirty work to fan media with a statement that was typed on bloody iPhone notes?

Imagine the club sent a statement out on notes, people would be going tonto, I just find it a very pathetic attempt to spray some water on the flames and yet again amateur hour from the company we were supposed to expect professionalism from.

Who actually made this statement? Did Rangers force them to hastily compile it? Why is it not being paraded on official channels?
They had the bloody cheek to post an Instagram post with the caption "attention to detail" and turn off the comments.

I'm not convinced Rangers PR is up to much yet. We're constantly floundering and the carry on around the strips being sold in SD (and what I assume was David Graham's attempts to sort that) was nothing short of a fucking shambles.

I very much imagine the offices at Ibrox were like an episode of The Thick Of It with 20 people running about in a mad panic not knowing what they were doing with DG ranting like a demented Malcolm Tucker.

It's not really screaming professionalism at this point.

Jury is out on Graham as well as Bisgrove given this is turning in to a fucking shambles.

Perhaps because this is a new day and people are only seeing this thread for the first time, but that's a really, really stupid comment to make if you bothered to read this thread.

Think I can gauge my opinion from what I know without reading 3000 comments from grown men greeting about football tops but thanks really, really much for your input.

I think we're now mostly programmed to perceive any new development or approach as overwhelmingly better than what came before it, regardless of whether that's grounded in evidence or not.

The assumption that change=good is a dangerous one. We really need to lose a good amount of the dewy-eyed emotional attachment we have at times because the “loyalty” angle makes it far too easy to serve up levels we wouldn’t accept in any other walk of life.

We’ve also been pushed down so far into the ditch for so long now that the standards are just lost entirely by many.

I swear we could fast forward to 2030, the mhanks on 20 in a row, us wearing Primark t-shirts with iron-on badges in the stands and folk would still be saying “remember where we were in 2012!”

There’s many more problems than the home top to be honest mate.

I’m in the camp where I feel let down so far, but I’m not going to stop buying products and hope they can recover as time goes on.

I'm aware there are a number of issues with products and stock levels mate.

I just don't understand why people are so worked up about it, do folk go tonto when any other online order isn't exactly how you expected?

The statement raises more questions that answers. All of the away and third kits seem to be the 'pro' versions, is this another mistake? All of the woman's home kits are also the 'pro' version, a mistake too?
None of them are the pro version. The real pro one has been posted on here and it has a black castore tag on the strip. So even in the statement trying to cover their arses they're still lying to fans. How can we ever trust castore again when they're still taking us for mugs in that so called apology.

You'd need to be a masochist to enter the thread and read 2k posts of relentless negativity

Think I can gauge my opinion from what I know without reading 3000 comments from grown men greeting about football tops but thanks really, really much for your input.

Well then that's just ignorant. The problems with Castore are extensive and widespread with a list of issues noted on this thread that have yet to see any solutions or answers, all the while big Tom Beahon has gone into perpetual hiding and radio silence. It's a farce that people have gotten sick of.

None of them are the pro version. The real pro one has been posted on here and it has a black castore tag on the strip. So even in the statement trying to cover their arses they're still lying to fans. How can we ever trust castore again when they're still taking us for mugs in that so called apology.

Yeah, I'm not buying their excuse that the China strips are the Pro version given they're exactly the same as the 2nd and 3rd strips by all accounts.

The Turkey ones appear to be a cheaper material used to fufil the original orders.

Tough one for me whether to return it. Had the China ones never been mentioned, I doubt I'd have noticed any difference. I'm going to check it tonight for the issues people are saying they have with the shoulders on them and the red strip being off centre.

I'm fairly brand loyal but I don't like being taken for a mug so if it looks off with another inspection, I'll be returning it and asking for the "China" version.

I'm not convinced Rangers PR is up to much yet. We're constantly floundering and the carry on around the strips being sold in SD (and what I assume was David Graham's attempts to sort that) was nothing short of a fucking shambles.

I very much imagine the offices at Ibrox were like an episode of The Thick Of It with 20 people running about in a mad panic not knowing what they were doing with DG ranting like a demented Malcolm Tucker.

It's not really screaming professionalism at this point.

Jury is out on Graham as well as Bisgrove given this is turning in to a fucking shambles.
Good point. After the initial fanfare Mr Graham ( who, with his credentials was warmly welcomed) has been remarkably quiet. I sometimes wonder what these PR guys do in a day. The Castore statement last night provided as many questions as answers. I dont know what the heck will happen on the 24th when the Pro shirts are available. Are these going to be Portugal made ( as promised by the Beahons/Castore ) or Chinese as stated on last night's correspondence from Beahons/Castore? It will be embarassing either way as one of their stories is 100% incorrect. Or maybe there will be a Portugal Pro shirt and an identical China Pro shirt.

Well then that's just ignorant. The problems with Castore are extensive and widespread with a list of issues noted on this thread that have yet to see any solutions or answers, all the while big Tom Beahon has gone into perpetual hiding and radio silence. It's a farce that people have gotten sick of.

"A farce that people have gotten sick of" Jesus feck the whole 2 weeks or something since the top was released and the store opened?

How quickly do you expect "widespread and extensive issues" to be investigated and resolved then? Or has he just to jump in baws in before he has any resolution or answers for anything?

I'm out you've all lost the plot.

Good point. After the initial fanfare Mr Graham ( who, with his credentials was warmly welcomed) has been remarkably quiet. I sometimes wonder what these PR guys do in a day. The Castore statement last night provided as many questions as answers. I dont know what the heck will happen on the 24th when the Pro shirts are available. Are these going to be Portugal made ( as promised by the Beahons/Castore ) or Chinese as stated on last night's correspondence from Beahons/Castore? It will be embarassing either way as one of their stories is 100% incorrect. Or maybe there will be a Portugal Pro shirt and an identical China Pro shirt.

Their attempts to dig their way out of this are piss poor.

If you're going to lie about things, at least check what your last lie was to see if you'll be pulled up on that.

What should have been a massive success has turned in to a crock of shit in about a week.

I got my strip on time (thought it looks like to be a Turkish knock off) and my training gear seems ok and arrived in decent time.

I'm someone who has had a pretty decent service from them and even I am questioning them big time. It's no wonder there's a furore given we've got thousands of people who've had a far worse service than me.

The poster you questioned said nothing of the sort regards generalisations and greeting. Perhaps doth protest too much, it's a shambles but they sadly don't have a time machine. Hummel and Elite were also a shambles and the less said about SD the better. ALL of this mess is still far better for fans and the club than Fatty or Elite yet folk are screaming they won't use them again. Cutting off their nose to spite the club's face without giving them a chance to correct matters. It's relentlessly negative, relentless.
To generalise it as grown men greeting when perhaps wondering why this thread is as big as it is might just give note to the scale of the problems and why this isn't just your average panty-wetter thread.

"A farce that people have gotten sick of" Jesus feck the whole 2 weeks or something since the top was released and the store opened?

How quickly do you expect "widespread and extensive issues" to be investigated and resolved then? Or has he just to jump in baws in before he has any resolution or answers for anything?

I'm out you've all lost the plot.

All it took was an appropriate statement accepting responsibility and an adequate explanation, instead we were left with some shite typed up on an iPhone that claimed no responsibility, generated more questions than it was supposed to answer and downright lied to us all?
They're not replying to fans, they're not giving any transparency and they're murmuring their way along the whole show. Surely you can see that as being the issue?

The hiring of a PR chief with practically no experience in the role wasn't something I was particularly impressed with but you give the benefit of the doubt. He can be added to a long list of hiring staff and partners that ' learn on the job'. As a strategy it's been very costly and in the main disastrous.

new to this thread and too much to read, having recieved my pre order a week late and it a turkey special, still tagged and not wore do you think castore would accept the return? have read numerous stories with returns being a nightmare.

The poster you questioned said nothing of the sort regards generalisations and greeting. Perhaps doth protest too much, it's a shambles but they sadly don't have a time machine. Hummel and Elite were also a shambles and the less said about SD the better. ALL of this mess is still far better for fans and the club than Fatty or Elite yet folk are screaming they won't use them again. Cutting off their nose to spite the club's face without giving them a chance to correct matters. It's relentlessly negative, relentless.

Fans have been waiting weeks for responses to emails and refunds, the inadequate quality of the goods has just been fuel to the fire. They deserve everything they get with the wet-wipe response last night. I'd rather they didn't say anything at all last night than come out with that trash.

That’s the bit I find bizarre how about the whole situation. The consensus was that money going to the club is all that mattered. Now that’s all changed because a few folk have decided they’ve received an inferior item.

Back