Pathetic Quality From Castore

Just got this in a reply when I started talking about Trading Standards, they are still sticking to their guns. Pointed out the quality difference between home and away/third kits that I seen myself in store.

Screenshot-20200826-115050-Email.jpg
I probably missed it on the thread but was it ever confirmed if those claimed pro shirts issued in error have the little black badges on them at the side? This is really putting me off buying anything until it’s all resolved.

As I’ve posted earlier in the thread I’ve had a few back and forward emails with Castore over the past few days about returning my home top but due to the fact it was delivered by Royal Mail and Castore telling me to return by myhermes and along with the fact I will most likely have to pay the return cost I’ve decided that I am just going to keep a hold of the turkey top.

I have the home and third top but until I know for absolute certain that all issues that have arisen since the release have been been dealt with then I will not be purchasing another thing from Castore and will put my money into the club in other ways.

I just can’t be bothered with the hassle of returning the top and if they are not going to admit that there are any issues and that the turkey top is in fact the correct replica then I can’t see anything changing in the near future.

I’ll just put this down to a lesson learned

I'm not convinced that's the case, but even if it is - why should men's home tops be of less standard than junior or women's?

Anyway it's clear yourself and one or two others on this thread are defending Castore to the hilt here, providing scenarios as to how and why this might've happened etc, so this is my last post on the issue.

All I know is that when I'm back from my holiday i'll be returning my Turkish home top to the Ibrox Store and i'll put the £60 credit towards a couple of training shirts instead.

I wouldn’t bother buying the training shirts, if you’d read my posts on this thread you’ll have seen my grievances by the one I received. But you’ve taken that as me defending Castore “to the hilt” :rolleyes:

I’ve also already said in the thread there shouldn’t be a difference in quality in garment, regardless of gender. Yet more Castore defending?

All I’ve done is point out where the confusion has been made, on BOTH sides.

I probably missed it on the thread but was it ever confirmed if those claimed pro shirts issued in error have the little black badges on them at the side? This is really putting me off buying anything until it’s all resolved.
They ignored me when I asked that question.

I have replied back to their email with this. Think it clearly lets them know what they need to look at.

Screenshot-20200826-120658-Email.jpg

I'm not convinced that's the case, but even if it is - why should men's home tops be of less standard than junior or women's?

Anyway it's clear yourself and one or two others on this thread are defending Castore to the hilt here, providing scenarios as to how and why this might've happened etc, so this is my last post on the issue.

All I know is that when I'm back from my holiday i'll be returning my Turkish home top to the Ibrox Store and i'll put the £60 credit towards a couple of training shirts instead.

Nobody is defending Castore in the slightest here. You’re getting the wrong end of the stick.

Does anyone know if Castore, or any other company that isn't an enemy of the club, are producing Rangers face masks? Particularly ones that ship to Australia. I can't find any on the internet.

I’m assuming there’s no indication whether or not future runs of the men’s home kit will be of the same standard as the away and 3rd kits?

I’m weary of buying a home kit only for them to start making them at the higher standard in a few weeks.

Seems everyone is getting the same generic response.

Have pulled them up on the clear differences between standard home and away/third kits and asked why we are having to pay for refunds while other Castore customers get free refunds.

Fully expect to be raising a PayPal claim upon their response, fed up dealing with them:rolleyes:

I’d rather return to store for a exchange or refund but don’t know if they can process given I paid via PayPal.

Seems everyone is getting the same generic response.

Have pulled them up on the clear differences between standard home and away/third kits and asked why we are having to pay for refunds while other Castore customers get free refunds.

Fully expect to be raising a PayPal claim upon their response, fed up dealing with them:rolleyes:

I’d rather return to store for a exchange or refund but don’t know if they can process given I paid via PayPal.
They seem to be doubling down on it and with the lack of silence I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere with them.

I’m assuming there’s no indication whether or not future runs of the men’s home kit will be of the same standard as the away and 3rd kits?

I’m weary of buying a home kit only for them to start making them at the higher standard in a few weeks.

They’ve backed themselves into a corner if anyone thinks the home kit will start getting produced at the Chinese standard.

They’ve outright stated the Turkey tops are the correct versions. The marketing images appear to show this to be the case too.

They’ve said the Chinese tops issues were a mistake.

If they suddenly change and start pumping out those instead, there will only be a larger group of fans angry and wanting refunds or exchanges.

Finally after emailing Castore and every email address i could find for the club, castore are refunding me the full cost of tbe 2 tops and postage. Ha even a 20% discount to, dont think i will be ordering any time soon though.

As I’ve posted earlier in the thread I’ve had a few back and forward emails with Castore over the past few days about returning my home top but due to the fact it was delivered by Royal Mail and Castore telling me to return by myhermes and along with the fact I will most likely have to pay the return cost I’ve decided that I am just going to keep a hold of the turkey top.

I have the home and third top but until I know for absolute certain that all issues that have arisen since the release have been been dealt with then I will not be purchasing another thing from Castore and will put my money into the club in other ways.

I just can’t be bothered with the hassle of returning the top and if they are not going to admit that there are any issues and that the turkey top is in fact the correct replica then I can’t see anything changing in the near future.

I’ll just put this down to a lesson learned
No way would i let them away with it.

This is what they are banking on. .. . Literally

I do.

Simply because there is no Chinese version of the Men’s home ‘standard replica’.

People were getting confused as comparison pictures were posted without realising it was a Men’s v junior kit/womens and wrongly assumed it was a men’s ‘standard replica’ made in China. It wasn’t.

Castore have obviously assumed that those complaining about the differences in quality are comparing Men’s v Men’s home kit, thus said there are only two versions, one replica (Turkey), one pro (China).

So people, still assuming there’s a Chinese home top as shown in the comparison, now accuse Castore of lying and run off to check where their replica home kit was made. 100% of them will Turkey.

It doesn’t excuse the customer service, it doesn’t excuse the workwear jumper cover up, it doesn’t excuse statements on iPhone notes, but it does make sense.
I get the sentiment behind this, but that still doesn't excuse the difference in quality from a ladies replica kit to a mens replica kit.
For the same price that means anyone purchasing a ladies replica is getting a much higher quality
Just got this in a reply when I started talking about Trading Standards, they are still sticking to their guns. Pointed out the quality difference between home and away/third kits that I seen myself in store.

A key inclusion here is that they were signed off by the club.
This suggests that the club were satisfied that the mens home replica would be of a different standard to the ladies home, all versions of the away kit, and all versions of the 3rd kit.

This probably explains the silence from the club on this matter.

Think this explains the clubs silence on the whole issue here. They have signed off this garbage for sale.

What a way to treat us.

Just left the store plenty people shopping. Nothing above large in away tops.Staff not giving any info on new arrivals.Perhaps they don’t know could at least have said so.

Bought a pair of joggers last week and they are already starting to show signs of wear after only a few times being worn.

The quality is just not good enough for the price we are paying. Going forward I’m just going to stick to buying a replica kit unless they vastly improve the customer service and quality of their product

They are deliberately muddying the waters by mentioning the pro kit and hoping the problem goes away.

Don’t give a %^*& about any pro kit, I want to know why there’s a clear difference in quality between home and away/third top standard versions :mad:

Think this explains the clubs silence on the whole issue here. They have signed off this garbage for sale.

What a way to treat us.
It just doesn’t seem right though. I mean what if any are the pro away and 3rd shirts going to be like if the ones on sale are the standard replicas.

They can wriggle off the hook in re Trading Standards for the home shirt. They can’t though for sweaters that look different and pants that don’t have pockets.

My point is that they are still advertising the Lifestyle range. But do half the items online even exist? Has ANYONE who has bought a sweater actually received the one they’re advertising, the one with the correct neck and material?

Surely you can’t advertise Jumper A, only send out Jumper B; receive a shed load of returns of Jumper B, and continue advertising Jumper A when it seems it doesn’t exist. Now that is intentionally misleading and a major legal issue.

Nobody has to come on and shit stir. Have you seen the state of some of the stuff they are selling to us at premium prices. Lets not bury our heads in the sand and pretend its just a tiny issue and the rest are shit stirring.

This thread is for people to vent their annoyance and also its getting the word to more fans, so more people dont get ripped off. If people keep buying these shoddy kits and leisure wear then Castore will keep producing shoddy quality products for us.
One of the things when I was young my Boss instilled into me was, if you’ve a problem, don’t move away from the left or right, meet it head on and deal with it. The two Castore brothers have just ran into a problem, that’s just digging a bigger hole for themselves.

I do.

Simply because there is no Chinese version of the Men’s home ‘standard replica’.

People were getting confused as comparison pictures were posted without realising it was a Men’s v junior kit/womens and wrongly assumed it was a men’s ‘standard replica’ made in China. It wasn’t.

Castore have obviously assumed that those complaining about the differences in quality are comparing Men’s v Men’s home kit, thus said there are only two versions, one replica (Turkey), one pro (China).

So people, still assuming there’s a Chinese home top as shown in the comparison, now accuse Castore of lying and run off to check where their replica home kit was made. 100% of them will Turkey.

It doesn’t excuse the customer service, it doesn’t excuse the workwear jumper cover up, it doesn’t excuse statements on iPhone notes, but it does make sense.
I guess this would make more sense.

Just out the shop
That daft boot Jill and her mad boyfriend getting there photos taken inside.
If your a medium in anything your fine anything else you’ll struggle.

For anyone that's looking for a kit smaller than the JS which is available at the moment, I was told by the store manager today that it is looking likely to be around November.

A few bad reports on Twitter of logos peeling and now everyone detests the Turkish kits.

Calm down, there's nothing wrong with them. Perfectly good quality. I have all three because I'm supporting the club.

Don't like your home top's quality? Exchange it for an away or a 3rd.

Loads of hunks on here

A few bad reports on Twitter of logos peeling and now everyone detests the Turkish kits.

Calm down, there's nothing wrong with them. Perfectly good quality. I have all three because I'm supporting the club.

Loads of hunks on here

Well, glad you noticed we have lots of hunks on here.

Thanks for being part of our inclusive fans’ forums.

#EveryoneAnyone

Loads of hunks on here
You’ve just contradicted yourself there. Reports of logos peeling off yet there’s nothing wrong with them? People aren’t making this up or peeling the logos off themselves

Loads of hunks on here
By your own admission the away and 3rd shirts are better quality. So, it’s ok to ignore the issues with the home shirts, training gear and the kids school jumpers as long as we support the club? Even when the paying customer/fans are being ripped off?
Btw I have a home Turkey made shirt, I’m happy with mine. That’s not the issue, I’m not happy that other fans are being taken for a ride.

Was in Sports Direct today in Aberdeen (yip not very staunch) but I was only in for a look. They had a few of the third kit in large and extra large one away kit in large and a few home kit in large all long sleeved but had 30% off. Useless fact I guess but when I was in the store at Ibrox they only had medium and small in the home top. Hummel wouldn’t supply SD but Castore do?

Is the training gear alright ? . Ive bought the grey top with orange stripe doen the front and grey shorts , both made in China , both washed fine . Also bought the blue joggies , blue shorts and blue quarter zip top , all made in Turkey . They fit fine but not worn them out yet .

Last edited:
Was in Sports Direct today in Aberdeen (yip not very staunch) but I was only in for a look. They had a few of the third kit in large and extra large one away kit in large and a few home kit in large all long sleeved but had 30% off. Useless fact I guess but when I was in the store at Ibrox they only had medium and small in the home top. Hummel wouldn’t supply SD but Castore do?
£45 for for a newly released shirt?

Just realised that the rain jacket I bought the morning they first went on sale (04/08/2020) is different to the pictures shown on the website. The Castore logo isn’t on the back of mine

Has anyone else purchased this and have this issue?

F664ADAA-BC81-4241-9DD7-8E3127FC31AD.jpeg
1DDFA8BA-14F3-4332-A6BB-E106E33FC355.jpeg

I'm so very confused.

Are we saying that everyone has Turkish tops now and there aren't manufacturing differences? (obviously there are quality differences amongst the turkish ones).

I thought a poster posted a comparison and the red stripe on the neck was very different?

I get the sentiment behind this, but that still doesn't excuse the difference in quality from a ladies replica kit to a mens replica kit.
For the same price that means anyone purchasing a ladies replica is getting a much higher quality

A key inclusion here is that they were signed off by the club.
This suggests that the club were satisfied that the mens home replica would be of a different standard to the ladies home, all versions of the away kit, and all versions of the 3rd kit.

This probably explains the silence from the club on this matter.

Yeah for sure. Castore are a contractor in this and the club will sign off on everything.

Just realised that the rain jacket I bought the morning they first went on sale (04/08/2020) is different to the pictures shown on the website. The Castore logo isn’t on the back of mine

View attachment 1337
View attachment 1338
I think their brand slogan is changing from 'better never stops' to "Castore. Small details may vary"

If this is true, and I’ve no reason to doubt you, mate, then it’s kinda the last straw with Castore.

We’re talking about their heavily-marketed premium product here.
Its USP is that it’s supposedly the world’s first waterproof hoodie.

Only problem is, it may not actually be waterproof.

The legal definition of waterproof is ambiguous at best.

My phone is waterproof but only up to 1m depth for no more than 30 mins, my outdoor lights are waterproof but cannot be submerged at all.

Even a GoreTex hoodie would do the same in heavy rain.

View attachment 1337
View attachment 1338
It's crazy how many things are being sold that aren't what they look like on the website. Training gear without sponsors, travel jackets without the Rangers badge, shorts and joggers without pockets.

It's crazy how many things are being sold that aren't what they look like on the website. Training gear without sponsors, travel jackets without the Rangers badge, shorts and joggers without pockets.

The photos on the online store of the training gear look a bit like a computer illustration of the garments than an actual photo of the garments themselves.

I think their brand slogan is changing from 'better never stops' to "Castore. Small details may vary"

Dunno if I can still send it back, no way is it worth £80 and whilst I’m not buying it for the Castore logos on it, it’s not what I’ve bought. I’ve still got the tags on it and only tried it on.

It arrived when I was on holiday and only just properly checked it now. I knew it seemed a bit plain at the back so checked online and it’s different. Will surprise nobody that it’s made in Turkey.

Back