Pathetic Quality From Castore

Absolutely agree. I could've worded it better. It's not fine, but the inside letters coming off won't affect me, or bother me too much.

My black 3rd top has the same problem.2nd wash and some of the orange inside lettering are off.Size, half the crest and some of the writing under it.Castore logo starting to peel.Outside of shirt ok.
Not a good sign going forward.

How do you suggest the issue is solved?
Right now, not buying products until the issues with quality and lies from Castore are resolved. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, they are breaking the law by withholding delivery fees from refunds. They have been found to have been lying time after time. The fans are being treated like mugs, and yet we seem to still be out buying inferior quality products. I doubt there is a single professional team in Scotland with shirts as poor quality as what Castore are putting out.

The club received a £3M payment upfront. That alone is more than what the club have received in total for years. IMO there shouldn't be another penny spent on Castore products until we get the respect that any decent person should receive. To give them 2, 3, 4+ chances is not sending them a message that things must change. You wouldn't accept it from a person screwing you over, or from any other clothing company or even a restaurant. Why accept it from Castore?

Hope I can say the same come Monday. Returned my top back on August 6th. Got a refund on Monday there, but its still sitting as pending in my paypal account 7 days later...

Was told it was pending because of MY paypal, but a quick google tells you a pending refund is down to the sellers bank account...

Still no refund. Still pending in paypal 7 days after they initially "refunded" me.

If we didnt have a 5 year contract with them I'd be contacting trading standards.

39 days since top returned, still havent got my money back.

Right now, not buying products until the issues with quality and lies from Castore are resolved. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, they are breaking the law by withholding delivery fees from refunds. They have been found to have been lying time after time. The fans are being treated like mugs, and yet we seem to still be out buying inferior quality products. I doubt there is a single professional team in Scotland with shirts as poor quality as what Castore are putting out.

The club received a £3M payment upfront. That alone is more than what the club have received in total for years. IMO there shouldn't be another penny spent on Castore products until we get the respect that any decent person should receive. To give them 2, 3, 4+ chances is not sending them a message that things must change. You wouldn't accept it from a person screwing you over, or from any other clothing company or even a restaurant. Why accept it from Castore?
The quality issues are not good enough, certainly not trying to justify it. However, you are completely ignoring the thousands of shirts which are of good quality, not defective. If people simply return items which are, Castore will be landed with useless stock. IMO this will force them to improve going forward.

Bought the home top on Friday online, arrived today via Royal Mail. This is my second home top as my first was returned as the Large was too small and had quality issues (coat hanger shoulders and the red tab at the back of the neck)

On first inspection of the top, visually everything intact and straight, stitching looks good and no 'coat hanger shoulders' I'm happy with how it looks.

I'll update upon washing.

The quality issues are not good enough, certainly not trying to justify it. However, you are completely ignoring the thousands of shirts which are of good quality, not defective. If people simply return items which are, Castore will be landed with useless stock. IMO this will force them to improve going forward.
The stitching on the inside of the tops may not classify as defective, but it is extremely shoddy and there will be people who have accepted that without returning because it can't be seen. There are posters on this thread accepting transfers coming off after 1 wash because it is on the inside of the jersey.

They are offering little to no customer service, releasing shoddy products, withholding delivery fees on the refunds that are issued, and not releasing refunds at all that require Paypal to step in. Quite simply, we as a support are accepting inferior products and level of service that we wouldn't accept anywhere else purely because they are linked with Rangers. We should have absolutely no loyalty to Castore right now. They have done nothing to deserve this level of leeway.

Bought the home top on Friday online, arrived today via Royal Mail. This is my second home top as my first was returned as the Large was too small and had quality issues (coat hanger shoulders and the red tab at the back of the neck)

On first inspection of the top, visually everything intact and straight, stitching looks good and no 'coat hanger shoulders' I'm happy with how it looks.

I'll update upon washing.

Guessing the label still says it's Turkish?

The stitching on the inside of the tops may not classify as defective, but it is extremely shoddy and there will be people who have accepted that without returning because it can't be seen. There are posters on this thread accepting transfers coming off after 1 wash because it is on the inside of the jersey.

They are offering little to no customer service, releasing shoddy products, withholding delivery fees on the refunds that are issued, and not releasing refunds at all that require Paypal to step in. Quite simply, we as a support are accepting inferior products and level of service that we wouldn't accept anywhere else purely because they are linked with Rangers. We should have absolutely no loyalty to Castore right now. They have done nothing to deserve this level of leeway.

We are not accepting it. It has been highlighted, theyve acknowledged the customer support was poor and added additional staff. They have said they underestimated demand and let quality checks slip, resulting in a 100% quality control being brought in. Ultimately they now need to deliver on these promises. If lettering is missing/falls off in the wash, this isnt good enough send it back and they will soon get the picture.

Guessing the label still says it's Turkish?

Yeah Made In Turkey, 100% Polyester.

Hopefully it survives washing, if it does then I'm happy with the product. But we shouldn't have to be second guessing the quality after washing.

We are not accepting it. It has been highlighted, theyve acknowledged the customer support was poor and added additional staff. They have said they underestimated demand and let quality checks slip, resulting in a 100% quality control being brought in. Ultimately they now need to deliver on these promises. If lettering is missing/falls off in the wash, this isnt good enough send it back and they will soon get the picture.
People continuing to give them money after having to return 2 faulty products absolutely are accepting it. You wouldn't go back to a restaurant for the 3rd time if you were served crap the 2 previous times that you had to send back to the kitchen and leave without paying.

People continuing to give them money after having to return 2 faulty products absolutely are accepting it. You wouldn't go back to a restaurant for the 3rd time if you were served crap the 2 previous times that you had to send back to the kitchen and leave without paying.

If that’s someone’s experience then I’d completely understand it, however, again you are ignoring the fact there are thousands happy with their purchases. If every item was poor you’d have a point but it’s not.

If that’s someone’s experience then I’d completely understand it, however, again you are ignoring the fact there are thousands happy with their purchases. If every item was poor you’d have a point but it’s not.
In those thousands of happy customers, there will be plenty who have just been happy to get a Rangers jersey and ignored the problems with it because it's Rangers.

Even a couple of posts above mine someone says " Hopefully it survives washing". Jesus Christ, listen to just how low our expectations have come, and we still continue to spend money with them. Being hopeful that you can wash something without it falling to pieces!

We are all well aware of the problems and how we should deal with it.

I know, I know. It's just the PR and optics though.

You'd have hoped they'd have been on top of this as far as the training and matchday gear stuff for player goes. (assuming this isn't photosbopped and given who posted it, I don't think it would be)

It's an easy thing to keep an on. Someone's laid those shorts out to he worn and not bothered. It's about care in your role when there's a shit storm going on.

In those thousands of happy customers, there will be plenty who have just been happy to get a Rangers jersey and ignored the problems with it because it's Rangers.

Even a couple of posts above mine someone says " Hopefully it survives washing". Jesus Christ, listen to just how low our expectations have come, and we still continue to spend money with them. Being hopeful that you can wash something without it falling to pieces!

Pretty dramatic that ffs. Can I also point out, I have never bought an item of clothing and analysed the stitching.

Pretty dramatic that ffs. Can I also point out, I have never bought an item of clothing and analysed the stitching.
There was photos posted on this forum that showed excess fabric showing under the stitching inside, with one poster here saying it would't pass in the fabric shop in the jail. When buying anything that has been described as excellent or superior quality, I have pretty much always checked the fabric and stitching to see if it meets those claims.

There was photos posted on this forum that showed excess fabric showing under the stitching inside, with one poster here saying it would't pass in the fabric shop in the jail. When buying anything that has been described as excellent or superior quality, I have pretty much always checked the fabric and stitching to see if it meets those claims.

We are clearly different then. Couldn’t tell you what sticking is meant to look like, I just wear an item and if I discover a defect I’d send it back.

The school one mate absolutely shocking.

Thought that had been withdrawn? They only sold 20 before withdrawing it and refunding.

The School Jumpers issue is something they deeply regret and was a product they didnt oversee the manufacture of but outsourced. Once the quality issues were reported they were immediately withdrawn from sale. All unsold product has been donated to charity, everyone who bought one were fully refunded and were offered to keep it if they required. Despite the media reports and furore there were only 20 of this item actually sold and all have been refunded.

That was from the poster who attended the meeting, theres no mix up of words or confusion there he quite clearly says they were meant to be withdrawn. Why then are they still on sale?

The School Jumpers issue is something they deeply regret and was a product they didnt oversee the manufacture of but outsourced. Once the quality issues were reported they were immediately withdrawn from sale. All unsold product has been donated to charity, everyone who bought one were fully refunded and were offered to keep it if they required. Despite the media reports and furore there were only 20 of this item actually sold and all have been refunded.

That was from the poster who attended the meeting, theres no mix up of words or confusion there he quite clearly says they were meant to be withdrawn. Why then are they still on sale?

they aren’t still on sale. There are still sweatshirts on sale but not the same one that caused issues.

I know, I know. It's just the PR and optics though.

You'd have hoped they'd have been on top of this as far as the training and matchday gear stuff for player goes. (assuming this isn't photosbopped and given who posted it, I don't think it would be)

It's an easy thing to keep an on. Someone's laid those shorts out to he worn and not bothered. It's about care in your role when there's a shit storm going on.

Completely agree, same can be said for defective items being displayed in the shop. Big own goal from that point of view, which I hope the club/Castore learn from.

Why wouldn’t it? The Mens Home tops are all Made in Turkey and I doubt that will change now. The Women’s and some Juniors, depending on age, are Made in China.

Away and Third are all Made in China.

No I know, more just making the point to the wider cohort of FF posters who are convinced there's two lots of home shirts running around.

Anyone know when this top might be available online? Sadly I'm hundreds of miles away from the store.

170720_Rangers_Training__Aribo_78.JPG

they aren’t still on sale. There are still sweatshirts on sale but not the same one that caused issues.
They look the same but with different labels on. I really fancied one but they are bad when you see them in the shop. Why is the sweater advertised on the website different to the sweater you receive in the post/buy in the shop? Why don’t they put a photo of the school jumper like one on the website so at least you know that’s what you’ll be getting?

After putting it through the wash 4 or five times my home shirt is still fine. Apart from the slight sticking up shoulders I think the shirt feels really nice, lightweight and comfortable. However, something about the printing of the sponsor just makes it feel really delicate - much more so that the Hummel ones.

Some of the other training gear looks really nice and I would normally invest in some more. However I am not taking the risk atm given all of the issues with quality.

Yeah the negative publicity will be doing wonders for their brand, clearly did this on purpose.
They clearly seny out dodgy stuff in full knowledge.

Do you think they didn't know how much they were paying for the tat they sent out?

Do you think a professional company goes to Turkey hands over cash and lets them get on with it?

Do you think they have been caught out lying about the whole fiasco?

Wake up ffs.

They clearly seny out dodgy stuff in full knowledge.

Do you think they didn't know how much they were paying for the tat they sent out?

Do you think a professional company goes to Turkey hands over cash and lets them get on with it?

Do you think they have been caught out lying about the whole fiasco?

Wake up ffs.

I think in the rush to fulfill orders they’ve not done their due diligence and quality checks on enough products, which they have admitted.

This excuse has now been used won’t wash again.

Plus you are happy to forget the thousands who haven’t received “tat”.

Castore have had a fucking ‘Mare here.

This kit might be remembered as the kit that won 55 or it will be remembered as an absolute shocker.

I think regardless of 55 the legacy all this trouble leaves is that people will look back in years to come and it will be remembered as the ‘Turkey tap’ or the ‘China tap’.

Shame.

As time goes on it really doesn't look like there will be any changes or announcements about the overall shirt quality? I.e. peeling after washes?

There seems a very limited amount of stuff that you can actually order online,they don't seem to have all the merchandise available to order,anybody else notice this?

Back